How do you deal with someone who's upset?

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

zeldapsychology
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2015, 9:28 am

upset AKA crying for emotional reason or upset in general (it's upset over life issues not OMG! funeral BTW).

My mom will be broken down to the point of crying over my little sister's rude behavior (she's 15 BTW). Enough I can't handle it I'm going to move out etc. is what mom says upset really emotional. I try to console her tell her it'll be ok don't let the 15yr. old get to her since the 15yr. CAN AND IS rude 99% of the time! Yet DUH! Holidays (I love you mom) Which is it kid? IMO.

So that's mom.

Now I have an issue with a WP friend (Yes she'll probably see this not sure lol!) Been friends 6 years BTW.

She's very private so have never done Skype or literally "talked" just words through email which is fine.
She's going through a hard time wishing she could have her own place alone with a pet or two. (Right now she has roommates). She teaches at a college online classes but even with 3 jobs income isn't enough to do the "alone/pet idea" which is getting her down. She tried to get another job at the college for what seems like a long while but no dice. She just got moved from I think 2-3 classes about this time last year.

Yesterday (Wed. 18th) I barely heard from her (AKA didn't get an email till nearly evening my time!) We are only 2 hrs. part her behind/me ahead apart.

She said she was depressed/sad/upset had been up since 11 but didn't even check her email till then (it was 6ish my time) (so that'd be about 4PM her time)

Outside the job drama she is having health problems which may connect to her being emotionally upset these past few weeks.

But???

I always saw her as infallible. I'm always the one posting WP drama or OMG! drama to her and she gives me advice on family issues etc.

She's happy I'm there for her and no she didn't want to talk about it just let her be sad. She mention if she HAD to get something done (which she didn't yesterday) she'd force herself to go. IMO psychologically THAT IS NOT what you need to do! IF it came to that! I KNOW LIFE IS LIFE WORK IS WORK! But if you FORCE yourself. I feel will you not crash 10x's harder the next day vs. taking a "rest day" to emotionally recharge?

I feel so bad that I have my drama yet she's going through her own life issues. Not wanting to talk. :-( Outside of sorry you feel like that get better.

I'm at a lose!! !!

Be there through writing email and she said she'd probably feel better today which is good. I hope it's just her thyroid sort of crazy not sure. :-(

Just sort of wow.

Between her and this other WP guy friend (he see's a psychiatrist for depression EVERY WEEK NOW!)

and I'm trying to better myself by exercise focusing on self-help articles to better myself. Then read about how lousy my two friends are feeling. :-( Which makes me feel lousy since I don't know how to help either of them. The 2nd friend I've avoided mostly since he just plays games 24/7 and doctor weekly SHEESH! I don't need that in my life with my own drama and trying to better myself. :-(

First friend as I said she helps me so much to see that I can't help her much is confusing to me.

Hope anyone can relate. Hope she doesn't see this or upset by seeing this LOL!