Does being left wing go hand in hand with Asperger's?

Page 2 of 5 [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Sovek
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

Joined: 17 Nov 2015
Age: 33
Posts: 31
Location: Greenville SC

20 Nov 2015, 6:23 pm

Citation needed. You make all these claims and dont show and studies to back up the claim. There are reasons women's health insurance premiums are higher, because they are a higher risk to unsure and incur higher medical expenses, due to their biology. I'm sure you as a female don't need me to explain how much more AT RISK you are for any number of problems you might face, then men either can't have, or are far less likely. In regards to car insurance, women are more likely to spend LESS than their male counterparts, especially under the age of 25, because more men under the age of 25 get into accidents then women.

In a similar aspect, men pay more for life insurance, because men are far more likely to die prematurely due accidents, especially in the workplace. Right now, 95% of workers killed in the workplace are men... Granted more of them are men, but we also do some of the most dangerous jobs around the world.

We are also more at risk for a heart attack then women, and expected lifetime is less. Cause white male privilage.

Men really need to sue companies over that /s

Re: Minorities and women earning less. This is probably true, but for different reasons. See, most often these "studies" involve over the lifetime of the individual. Most men will work their entire life right up until retirement, and then still work. Women however, will spend some time out of the workforce due to having children, and needing to take several years off of work to care for the young child, because its the natural thing to do. In regards to the minorities, this is mostly due to a lack of education, which they can get (assuming they are a US citizen). The problem of why they don't is either they are unable due to being illegal, or don't try. In regards to the whole black population, Most young black men I've met are not going to college, and don't care about college. This is probably from a lack of parental involvement and not willing to try get them to go to college. Alot of black men I interact with have no use for knowledge and don't have interest in it.

And I will get you a paper for that "83%" bs while I'm at work, I gotta find it first.



Edenthiel
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Sep 2014
Age: 52
Gender: Female
Posts: 2,820
Location: S.F Bay Area

20 Nov 2015, 7:00 pm

The validity of, "No one should get a free pass" assumes an even playing field.

An even playing field is a false premise. Some are far more privileged than others, be it by "virtue" of race, sex/gender, religion, wealth, education, *neural typicality* ...none of which the person necessarily chose or even worked toward themselves.

I've noticed it's typically those with some form of privilege or intersection of several forms who nonetheless feel insecure (due to a perceived lack of some other privilege) and so fight hardest to maintain the status quo. That, to me anyway, is at the crux of modern "right wing" viewpoints and attitudes. Or maybe just basic selfishness, I can't decide (keep in mind that due to my past I feel tremendous guilt and shame when I try to be selfish/self-centered IRL, so I may have a perspective that is atypical or biased).


_________________
“For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love.”
―Carl Sagan


Tollorin
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 14 Jun 2009
Age: 38
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,169
Location: Sherbrooke, Québec, Canada

20 Nov 2015, 7:03 pm

luan78zao wrote:
Although I wouldn't have been able to express it, even as a kid I thought that all interactions among adults should be voluntary. That people in groups don't acquire rights they lacked as individuals. That no individual or group ought to be sacrificed in the name of some alleged "greater good."

So … no.

Basically you don't understand left wing politics.



em_tsuj
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 25 Mar 2011
Age: 36
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,786

20 Nov 2015, 7:29 pm

I think free thought is part AS. Whether free thought leads to left wing or right wing thinking depends on the individual. I fall outside left and right wing. I reject most of Western thought. My political views come mostly from Taoism, which is a Chinese philosophy.



Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 May 2008
Gender: Male
Posts: 40,958
Location: Stendec

20 Nov 2015, 8:16 pm

I do not believe in "Black Priviledge", "Female Priviledge", "Male Priviledge", "White Priviledge" or any other "Priviledge" that is based on a person's culture, disability, ethnicity, gender orientation, religion, sex, or skin color.

I believe that people should take responsibility for their own lives, and stop blaming their own stupid mistakes on their parents, their teachers, their bosses, the police, the legal system, and society in general.

I believe that people should be held accountable for their own words and actions, and not use their culture, disability, ethnicity, gender orientation, religion, sex, or skin color as an excuse for causing trouble or terrorizing others.

Nope! Still not a liberal!

:lol:


_________________
"I must acknowledge, once and for all, that the purpose of diplomacy is to prolong a crisis."
-- Leonard Nimoy as Mr. Spock, in the Star Trek episode "The Mark of Gideon" (ep. 3.16, 1969)


Edenthiel
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Sep 2014
Age: 52
Gender: Female
Posts: 2,820
Location: S.F Bay Area

20 Nov 2015, 8:35 pm

Fnord wrote:
I do not believe in "Black Priviledge", "Female Priviledge", "Male Priviledge", "White Priviledge" or any other "Priviledge" that is based on a person's culture, disability, ethnicity, gender orientation, religion, sex, or skin color.

I believe that people should take responsibility for their own lives, and stop blaming their own stupid mistakes on their parents, their teachers, their bosses, the police, the legal system, and society in general.

I believe that people should be held accountable for their own words and actions, and not use their culture, disability, ethnicity, gender orientation, religion, sex, or skin color as an excuse for causing trouble or terrorizing others.

Nope! Still not a liberal!

:lol:


Just like anything else, they do not depend upon your belief to exist. They are something granted by people to other people based on the various group-identifying attributes perceived. For instance, in some parts of the country if a bunch of people are standing at a deli counter waiting to order and everyone - including the order taker - is of the same race except one person, it's likely that one person could be skipped over a few times. That is race privilege being granted to all the other people who wish to order.


_________________
“For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love.”
―Carl Sagan


beneficii
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 10 May 2005
Age: 36
Gender: Female
Posts: 7,193

20 Nov 2015, 8:43 pm

Fnord wrote:
I do not believe in "Black Priviledge", "Female Priviledge", "Male Priviledge", "White Priviledge" or any other "Priviledge" that is based on a person's culture, disability, ethnicity, gender orientation, religion, sex, or skin color.

I believe that people should take responsibility for their own lives, and stop blaming their own stupid mistakes on their parents, their teachers, their bosses, the police, the legal system, and society in general.

I believe that people should be held accountable for their own words and actions, and not use their culture, disability, ethnicity, gender orientation, religion, sex, or skin color as an excuse for causing trouble or terrorizing others.

Nope! Still not a liberal!

:lol:


Just because you ignore the research into implicit associations like the below doesn't mean they don't exist:

https://implicit.harvard.edu/implicit/education.html


_________________
"You have a responsibility to consider all sides of a problem and a responsibility to make a judgment and a responsibility to care for all involved." --Ian Danskin


luan78zao
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

User avatar

Joined: 24 Nov 2014
Age: 55
Gender: Male
Posts: 490
Location: Under a cat

20 Nov 2015, 11:00 pm

Tollorin wrote:
Basically you don't understand left wing politics.


Thank you. That's the nicest compliment I've ever received here. 8)

After a degree in history, travel, life experience, personal acquaintance with survivors of Stalin, Mao, and Kim, etc etc, I certainly understand the practice. And I can't listen to a politician speaking without being exposed to the theory. What I've never understood is the emotional appeal. Guess I've never had the urge to boss people around.


_________________
"We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission – which is the stage of the darkest periods of human history, the stage of rule by brute force." – Ayn Rand


ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 25 Aug 2013
Age: 62
Gender: Male
Posts: 21,459
Location: Long Island, New York

20 Nov 2015, 11:03 pm

Edenthiel wrote:

Just like anything else, they do not depend upon your belief to exist. They are something granted by people to other people based on the various group-identifying attributes perceived. For instance, in some parts of the country if a bunch of people are standing at a deli counter waiting to order and everyone - including the order taker - is of the same race except one person, it's likely that one person could be skipped over a few times. That is race privilege being granted to all the other people who wish to order.

That is about one person bieng treated unfairly by a bigot and everybody else bieng treated as they should be treated. Another way of saying it is more about one person have something taken away.


_________________
Professionally Identified and joined WP August 26, 2013
DSM 5: Autism Spectrum Disorder, DSM IV: Aspergers Moderate Severity

My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person. - Sara Luterman


marshall
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 14 Apr 2007
Gender: Male
Posts: 10,752
Location: Turkey

20 Nov 2015, 11:20 pm

Right wing people would prefer people who have a disability or health issue and little money suffer immensely or kill themselves. I don't see why anyone on the spectrum would be right wing. I don't see how anyone with compassion could be right wing.



marshall
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 14 Apr 2007
Gender: Male
Posts: 10,752
Location: Turkey

20 Nov 2015, 11:41 pm

luan78zao wrote:
Tollorin wrote:
Basically you don't understand left wing politics.


Thank you. That's the nicest compliment I've ever received here. 8)

After a degree in history, travel, life experience, personal acquaintance with survivors of Stalin, Mao, and Kim, etc etc, I certainly understand the practice. And I can't listen to a politician speaking without being exposed to the theory. What I've never understood is the emotional appeal. Guess I've never had the urge to boss people around.

Because you're a robotic sociopath. :roll:



wilburforce
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 13 Sep 2014
Gender: Female
Posts: 1,940

20 Nov 2015, 11:42 pm

marshall wrote:
Right wing people would prefer people who have a disability or health issue and little money suffer immensely or kill themselves. I don't see why anyone on the spectrum would be right wing. I don't see how anyone with compassion could be right wing.


Could it be there's a connection between people who don't value compassion and people who have conservative values? hrmmmmmmmmmmmm...



marshall
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 14 Apr 2007
Gender: Male
Posts: 10,752
Location: Turkey

20 Nov 2015, 11:46 pm

wilburforce wrote:
marshall wrote:
Right wing people would prefer people who have a disability or health issue and little money suffer immensely or kill themselves. I don't see why anyone on the spectrum would be right wing. I don't see how anyone with compassion could be right wing.


Could it be there's a connection between people who don't value compassion and people who have conservative values? hrmmmmmmmmmmmm...


I don't quite understand. They claim to be compassionate but put their fingers in their ears and shout LALALALALA when you point out how much suffering their world view causes. They've never been the victim of the private healthcare vulture capitalists that literally kill people. They're just counting on being lucky. I pray they get cancer.



marshall
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 14 Apr 2007
Gender: Male
Posts: 10,752
Location: Turkey

20 Nov 2015, 11:52 pm

Americas Darwinist conservatism is as morally bankrupt as ISIS.



cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Feb 2011
Age: 52
Gender: Male
Posts: 12,648

21 Nov 2015, 12:26 am

marshall wrote:
Right wing people would prefer people who have a disability or health issue and little money suffer immensely or kill themselves. I don't see why anyone on the spectrum would be right wing. I don't see how anyone with compassion could be right wing.


You beat me to it...

I've always been socially left wing but in terms of economics I'm probably realistically centrist....