"Date other boring people if you're boring."

Page 1 of 2 [ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

DevilKisses
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2015, 4:34 am

Do you think boring people should just date other boring people? I'm kind of boring, but I can't stand boring people. I kind of want to learn to be less boring. I think the best way to learn that is to spend a lot of time around non-boring people.

Spending time around boring people will probably make me even more boring. I actually think it already is. My family is pretty boring and I spend way too much time around them.

Right now I'm trying to become less boring or at least look less boring to attract non-boring people. On my dating profile I avoid mentioning boring crap like Netflix or pizza. I also try to make my appearance more interesting. I look for interesting clothes and avoid fads.

Do you think I'll succeed in finding someone who's passionate and interesting or am I doomed to being with boring people forever?

Drawyer
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2015, 4:40 am

lol "Date other X people if you're X" Version 2.0 has been released.

Nocturnus
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

25 Nov 2015, 4:48 am

No, you must conform, it's the only way to preserve your sanity! :D

DevilKisses
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2015, 4:50 am

Drawyer wrote:
lol "Date other X people if you're X" Version 2.0 has been released.

The other one went off topic. Instead of being a bossy b***h I decided to just start another topic.

Catlover5
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2015, 4:52 am

There is no such thing as a boring person. Just because someone may seem boring doesn't mean they are. Everyone has something interesting and unique about them.

People may perceive me as boring because I don't have much to say in social situations, but I consider myself to be a very interesting person.

And just because you are perceived as boring doesn't necessarily mean you "have" to only date people you think are boring. If you find someone you love and who loves you, then nothing else matters.

ZD
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2015, 6:30 am

Catlover5 wrote:
There is no such thing as a boring person. Just because someone may seem boring doesn't mean they are. Everyone has something interesting and unique about them.

People may perceive me as boring because I don't have much to say in social situations, but I consider myself to be a very interesting person.

And just because you are perceived as boring doesn't necessarily mean you "have" to only date people you think are boring. If you find someone you love and who loves you, then nothing else matters.

Yeah boring is boring to one person and interesting to another.

So it's more date people that like similar stuff, even if everyone else finds it boring.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2015, 7:11 am

Boring is subjective.

So no.

Earthling
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2015, 7:13 am

Fair enough, BUT...
Pizza is not boring. Why not call it "Italian food" in your profile? And then mention your favorite type of pizza?

When I think of pizza, I think of only happy moments. Who wouldn't?
I once was at an Italian resaurant at a nearby city. They made the most amazing Parma ham pizza I've ever eaten: super thin, juicy and salty Parma ham. The cheese had the perfect consistency, if it was like spaghetti I'd call it "al dente". And the dough was so aromatic, I ordered a bunch of pizza rolls to go after I'd finished eating. Sad thing the restaurant was closed down a few years ago, it was not because of the food, that's for sure.

I like to talk about that kinda stuff sometimes, but maybe I'm just so boring that I find talking about pizza for a few minutes a worthwhile topic of conversation. :lol:

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2015, 8:43 am

I find it lots better to be interested in pizza than being interested in Tea Party politics.

Earthling
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2015, 8:59 am

Thanks kraftie. :)

Although admittedly there are better things to write into a dating profile.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2015, 9:01 am

There are lots of chicks out there who don't mind a good pizza.

Why don't you put down that you're interested in neurology. Autism is a neurological disorder, so you'd be telling the truth!

ZD
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2015, 9:18 am

Yeah I think putting pizza / other food you like on a dating profile isn't such a bad idea. Liking similar foods is very helpful to know! and a conversation point I guess.

DevilKisses
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2015, 1:40 pm

Earthling wrote:
Fair enough, BUT...
Pizza is not boring. Why not call it "Italian food" in your profile? And then mention your favorite type of pizza?

When I think of pizza, I think of only happy moments. Who wouldn't?
I once was at an Italian resaurant at a nearby city. They made the most amazing Parma ham pizza I've ever eaten: super thin, juicy and salty Parma ham. The cheese had the perfect consistency, if it was like spaghetti I'd call it "al dente". And the dough was so aromatic, I ordered a bunch of pizza rolls to go after I'd finished eating. Sad thing the restaurant was closed down a few years ago, it was not because of the food, that's for sure.

I like to talk about that kinda stuff sometimes, but maybe I'm just so boring that I find talking about pizza for a few minutes a worthwhile topic of conversation. :lol:

When people mention they like pizza I assume they like the mediocre fast food version. I do like Italian pizza as well. If I were to mention that I like pizza I would mention the name of my favorite pizza restaurant instead.

Same with Netflix. I don't judge people because they watch Netflix. What I do judge is people who constantly talk about it or define themselves by it. I wonder if pre-Netflix dating profiles mentioned block buster. Probably not. I don't think people who watch a lot of Netflix have a compatible lifestyle with me. I simply don't enjoy much movies or tv shows. We'd probably drive each other crazy. I also have a low attention span, so I can't binge watch anything. Especially if the episodes are 40 minutes each.

DevilKisses
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2015, 1:42 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
There are lots of chicks out there who don't mind a good pizza.

Why don't you put down that you're interested in neurology. Autism is a neurological disorder, so you'd be telling the truth!

I do mention I like the broader topic of psychology. I won't mention neurology or autism because I don't want people to ask too many questions and suspect I'm autistic. I'm planning to date as an NT.

FizzyOrange
Raven
Raven

25 Nov 2015, 1:52 pm

Whether or not a person is boring isn't a definite for compatibility. I just say you'll know when you meet the right person that clicks with you.

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2015, 2:50 pm

Well you're statistically most likely to date somebody with a congruently-sized spleen, so if anything as weird as this board's subject stands to bore you, I suggest focusing on people's brains, even if you don't want your own brain under scrutiny...

-Gem Tos :mrgreen: