Veteran

25 Nov 2015, 3:36 pm

to stop a car ?

In Poland we call it police lollipop :mrgreen:

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2015, 3:51 pm

Like a portable stop light? A cop on foot holds it up with his hand to shine a red light at you to order you to pull over?

Never seen one of those things before. Not even on TV. If the cops use them here then I dont know what theyre called.

The cops either just point at you. Or the follow behind you in their car shining the "cherry top", and sounding the siren on top of their car to order you to pull over.

Quill
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2015, 4:07 pm

A quick google search suggested "police signal stick". Maybe a police stop sign, or even just a stop sign. Police in the US sometimes use stop signs to direct traffic, but not to pull cars over for speeding, etc. They don't really look anything like what you posted, but I thought it was worth mentioning.

neilson_wheels
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2015, 5:00 pm

I have only seen those in european countries. In the UK the police would just use hand signals.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2015, 5:19 pm

I've never seen one of those before. Is that what the traffic cops use? Because there aren't any where I live. There are crossing guards during the school year, though. They hold up stop signs. I wish we had them all year long because then I feel much safer walking across the street.

I think it would be scary having to direct traffic while right in the middle of all that chaos. Unless you're a bodybuilder like in that commercial, I think it was for Geico, where everyone obeys him because they're scared he's going to cause them severe injury if they don't. :lol:

Of course, if you ran over a bodybuilder with your car it can still kill him...