Page 3 of 4 [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Wolfram87
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2015, 5:19 pm

MonsterCrack wrote:
Prophet muhammad was the greatest man who ever lived...he was so honest, hos enemies would truet him snd refused to call him a liar as he preached, so kind, his servant chose to stsy with him rather than go back to his parents, and his servants testified that he never said "i told you to bring this, why didnt you?" Such a good mediator, he was invited to be the ruler of madina, and established peace for all, he unified arabia and brought peace and allowed for religious freedom even for pagans, and as for his 8 year old bride, i am telling you for the millionth time, THAT WAS THE NORM

[Citation Needed]

So you're now abandoning your previous claims that Aisha was A) older than previously claimed and/or B) actually a grown woman inhabiting the body of a prebubescent child?

Also, as far as your usual claim that Muhammad only ever fought in self defense because of his overwhelming persectution;
Quote:
If the Islamic sources were saying that the pagans started to persecute the Muslims without cause, this would be expected, but it would be questionable, since it is common to put all the blame on the opponents. In this case, the amazing fact is that even the Islamic sources do not support the popular position that the pagans instigated the hostility towards Muhammad.

Source

MonsterCrack
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2015, 5:48 pm

Answering islam is not a reliable source...and yes, she was 9, but she had the mind of an adult, i never claimed she was older than 9, snd even if i did i take it back

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2015, 6:55 pm

Then she was a child when he married her ... the dirty old man ...

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Sylkat
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2015, 2:00 pm

It has been said that she was given to him in an arranged marriage when she was 9 years old, but that he chose not to consummate the marriage until she was fifteen, which was and still is, quite common.

NOT saying that a fifteen-year-old needs to be permanently bound to a middle-aged man in our society......a girl in America has a future of education, career, future choices, that a girl of that time and place did not.

Would like more Google-able information about which side actually did instigate the battles between Mohammed's followers and the Pagans of the time.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2015, 4:39 pm

"It is said..." usually means "They want you to believe...".

The perv took an eight-year old girl for his wife, plain and simple.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Sylkat
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2015, 6:22 pm

So what is with Luminarious?

Is he still on WP?

Is he serious about his claims, or trolling?

Is he really a Muslim?

He seems to mix the New Testament with the Quran, so I cannot figure out where he is coming from.

andrethemoogle
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2015, 6:25 pm

Fnord wrote:
"It is said..." usually means "They want you to believe...".

The perv took an eight-year old girl for his wife, plain and simple.

This. I don't know how that can be defended. He was a pedophile, plain and simple.

Also, lunarious87 was banned, so ignore any posts by him.

MDD123
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2015, 8:31 pm

Why was he banned though? All he seemed to do was promote his faith and use really flowery language. Seemed pretty respectful in spite of his position on things.

YippySkippy
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2015, 8:48 pm

He sounded like an ISIS recruiter to me, what with the "turning over the earth" stuff.
Good riddance.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2015, 9:06 pm

If I remember right, it is against the rules to discuss banned members.

Sylkat
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2015, 3:42 am

So the actual topic is that the Quran presents God/Allah as compassionate and forgiving, and that Muhammad has been presented as vengeful.

I have gotten the impression that most of this type of behavior is according to the Hadith, not the Quran.

Muhammad himself considered the Quran as the infallible word of God/Allah, whereas the Hadith is a collection of memories by those who claimed to remember incidents from Muhammad's life.

Since this is a book of memories and quotes of a man who had died, it certainly never had Muhammad's knowledge or approval, and most obviously does not have his support as being either accurate, or sacred.

Yet some consider the Hadith equal to the Quran.....this seems to me to lessen the authority of the Quran.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2015, 7:13 am

This is what religion does. It transforms whatever Word of God might be uttered into a cause for political vengeance and dictatorial control. This is why I hate religion.

Sylkat
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2015, 3:16 pm

What I was trying to say is that it seems that the vengeful behavior and words attributed to Muhammad seem to come more from the Hadith than the Quran.

The Hadith was compiled over decades after the man had died.

I am not aware that Aisha, who actually began the Hadith with her own recollections, or any other contributer ever claimed divine inspiration, therefore, how can the Hadith be considered a Holy Book, much less equal to the Quran?

If the picture of Muhammad as merciless and autocratic is from any source other than the Quran, then to accept this as truth seems to me to be doubting the Quran's presentation of him as compassionate and caring.

Note on Aisha.......did some Googling last night; three different sources claim that after she was married to him and living in his house, he enjoyed watching her playing with her dolls! 8O

Does not sound to me like an unusually mature or 'very grown up' person.

Rather sounds to me like a typical eight or nine-year- old.

MonsterCrack
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2015, 5:29 pm

Perhaps you're right, Sylkat..i do know that there is a group of Muslims who only follow the Quran. Maybe that means that the real Muhammad WAS merciful?

andrethemoogle
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2015, 5:34 pm

MonsterCrack wrote:
Perhaps you're right, Sylkat..i do know that there is a group of Muslims who only follow the Quran. Maybe that means that the real Muhammad WAS merciful?

There are groups of Muslims who only follow the Quran, they're called terrorists like ISIS, Boko Haram, Al-Qaeda, etc.

Highly doubtful he was merciful, when he ordered people to be killed who did not believe him, took slaves and married very young girls. I cannot paint Muhammed in a positive light.

MonsterCrack
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2015, 5:59 pm

Boko haram, ISIS, and al qaeda are wahhabi groups...wahhabis tend to put alot of emphasis on hadeeth. They are NOT Quran only.