Page 1 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

NerdyAnimeGirl
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

26 Nov 2015, 6:04 pm

I'm asking here because I don't have any female friends in real life
(though I wish I did~) .__.

Personally,
I've always had more 'male-like' interests than other females.
I like video games, anime, the internet, logic, philosophy, debate, math,
intellectual stuff, web design, coding, digital art, solving puzzles,
dungeons and dragons, INTJ/INTP/ENTP forums, fantasy, Star Trek,
Lord of the Rings/The Hobbit, old animated fantasy movies

I didn't use to think my hobbies were mostly shared by males,
but when I got older I realized that to be the case.

Aspie girls, what are your favorite hobbies?
Do you find it hard to connect with other females?

I find it much easier to connect with males but I don't keep male friends because
I don't desire friends with crushes on me (which is inevitable & awkward) =___=

NerdyAnimeGirl

26 Nov 2015, 6:30 pm

Actually I slightly take back what I said about having no real life female friends! XD
I forgot I do have one, and she is pretty autistic and a big gamer~ :3
So she fits the bill for being more nerdy than a neurotypical girl.
Also following the trend is my little sister, who might be more aspie than I am..
and a social shut-in, anime nerd, and gamer (though she lives far from me ._.)

Purrbaby
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

29 Nov 2015, 6:09 am

Hi there,
I am an aspie female and I am not into the 'nerdy' or 'male' (your words :lol: ) hobbies you listed at all. I really like cultural things like the performing arts (ballet, classical music, theatre), literature, fashion, and spending time in nature. I guess we are all different. As for whether I find it hard to connect with other females, the answer is YES. I find it hard to connect with anyone - male or female. I always figured that was part of life as an aspie.

nerdygirl
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2015, 6:27 am

I am better at math than language.
I don't talk as much as NT women, but I talk a lot more than most guys.
I am not into fashion at all. I don't even wear make-up.
I love the arts and make my living in music.
But I am also fascinated with science and wanted to be a marine biologist when I was younger, before music took over my life.
I love discussing philosophy and theology and other things like that.
I love the outdoors, both working outdoors and recreational activities.
I love reading - all sorts of things, but when it comes to fiction I especially like sci-fi and dystopian novels, though I don't love fantasy (go figure.)
I love arts & crafts & cooking, generally *making* things.

I'm not into computer games or anything tech-related at all.
I'm actually almost *deficient* in this area and even need help working my computer from time to time.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2015, 9:58 am

I think you would have been close to my ideal---yet I have a wife, and you have a husband.

I would guess, on "average," that Aspie girls might be more "nerdy" than NT girls--but, in truth, it doesn't really matter.

I happen to think nerdy girls are cute--provided they are not the arrogant type.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2015, 10:15 am

I'm more nerdy when it comes to animals, classic cartoons, toys, and what makes the human body tick, both physically and mentally. I am opposite of nerdy when it comes to math, puzzles, or anything requiring a lot of logic skills. I can't play chess and even checkers will make me bored and frustrated, but I can draw cartoons, read, write and make crafts very well.

When I was younger I tended to get along better with guys, although I'd get very uncomfortable if anyone told me this. That was before my diagnosis so it makes more sense now.

I like video games but I'm not into the really "hardcore" games that are typically full of graphic violence and/or language. All the games I own are rated E or T.

I like shopping if it's for my special interests and the store is not too busy. If it's for clothes, shoes or other stereotypical women stuff I would rather be fed to alligators.

xxZeromancerlovexx
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2015, 10:20 pm

I'm into anime and manga. I'm also into video games. Clothes and makeup are my special interest.

It all depends on the person.

-Down, The Birthday Massacre

Malaise
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

07 Dec 2015, 2:43 pm

I think people who are more extreme in either masculine/feminine tend to be the exception rather than the norm.

I had a small group of women friends growing up who were into clothes, makeup, etc, but they also took a liking to video games, horror movies, Lord of the Rings, anime, and other things that don't fit the feminine stereotype. For most of them they were minor interests, except for the cosplayers.

Nickchick
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

11 Dec 2015, 1:48 am

I find it difficult to connect with most people so either gender seems to be the same.

I'm a techno whiz and I love video games but the softer type. I'm not into shooters or sports..more like music/rhythm or platformers like Mario or Spyro the dragon. On occasion I will play a bit of time management or hidden object games. I'm trying to get into graphic design (though am unsuccessful) When I got out of high school I would put together fan montages and post them for fun. That's when I decided to get into graphic design.
I used to read a lot. As I got older I started being more into fanfiction so that's what I read if anything.

My biggest interest is obviously music. I also fantasize a lot though idk if that's a hobby but it's how I would play the Sims and it would be a time sink for me.

I love traveling but rarely have the money.

Once in a while I will do word searches but only when I'm not pre occupied

Dione
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

11 Dec 2015, 5:15 am

I've always been interested in "nerdy" things, and I'm studying to be in a male-dominated field filled with "nerdy," bookish people like myself. I often refer to myself as a second generation nerd because my dad was the one who hooked me on many of my sci-fi and fantasy series. For example, he gave me the first season of DS9 to watch while recovering from my wisdom tooth extraction and got me hooked on it, and he hooked me on the Dragonlance series, which was a gateway to various series in the Forgotten Realms universe. He also is my DM, although if my family keep acting the way they do about my appearance, I may see about switching groups in order to find a group with whom I get along better.

Moon Trance
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

26 Dec 2015, 8:42 am

Yes, we´re more nerdy than NTs, because we are more intellectual, introverted... many boys prefer that personality (although many people think is on the contrary. Seriously, there are boys who prefer brain).

InsomniaGrl
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2015, 9:05 am

Sound like my kinda girl 8O

Moon Trance
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

26 Dec 2015, 9:48 am

Quote:
Sound like my kinda girl

Who? Me?

InsomniaGrl
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2015, 12:09 pm

Yep, and possibly the OP :lol:
I was thinking of starting an instagram account, sounds like a good place to catalogue interesting images. Would you recommend it?

Moon Trance
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

26 Dec 2015, 4:47 pm

Well, I have an Instagram account, but private.

If you like photography...wonderful! (I love seeing what other people like to photograph). When you create your account, if you want, you can pass me your nickname of Instagram by PM :D .

Ilovesnails
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

27 Dec 2015, 10:18 am

Quote:
I find it much easier to connect with males but I don't keep male friends because
I don't desire friends with crushes on me (which is inevitable & awkward) =___=

Yep! I am in the same boat, makes it extra lonely.

Do I find it hard to connect with females - yes, very. I don't share a lot of the traditional interests which makes having small talk even harder than it already is. Along the way I do something wrong - not sure what but they start getting moody/grouchy then hostile towards me. I'm an average looking person, not some hot babe so it's not like some jealousy thing.

My favorite hobbies?
I could make anything a favorite hobby just about at some point in my life. I do like playing video games (but only certain ones), I like watch twitch streamers, like learning about computer hardware/etc, I love fantasy stuff, philosophy, I enjoy board games once in awhile. I have lots of other things I like to do but seem to waste a lot of time during the day and don't get to do much. (It's very strange, not sure how to explain it)