Do you find NT girls confusing

Page 1 of 3 [ 39 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

infilove
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2015, 9:22 pm

When I was single I remember trying to date or even hook up for a night. In the struggled attempt, I found NT girls/women to be confusing. Some ecamples whete when aome girls acted like they liked you then suddenly back off. Other times conflicting interests, stuff they say, or simply being stood up. Do you think so too? If what ways have you found them confusing.

aspie quiz results; http://www.rdos.net/eng/poly12c.php?p1= ... =80&p12=28

em_tsuj
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2015, 9:28 pm

Not saying what they mean

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

29 Nov 2015, 1:04 am

em_tsuj wrote:
Same here. A couple said they want to be friends so I assumed that meant I'm in the dreaded friend-zone. They later got mad at me because I made a comment about looking for a relationship cuz what they really meant was lets be friends & see where it goes.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2015, 1:46 am

being cryptic enough for me that all meaning is uncovered only in hindsight.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2015, 2:54 am

I find women wonderfully confusing! The way my wife can make my head spin is better than any drug ever made!

:D

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Nocturnus
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

29 Nov 2015, 3:39 am

Hmm, I think I'm infinitely confusing and hard to read at times.

But yes, there are many double meanings and hints of subtlety out there. The psychological game of cat and mouse.

SilverStar
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2015, 3:50 am

em_tsuj wrote:

Women imply, and hint around about things, and they use body language to convey what they are thinking/feeling. The only problem with this is, most guys (even NT's) don't communicate this way, and miss a lot of it. The funny thing is, when it comes to talking about everyday things, or talking with their girlfriends, they are usually more direct.

rdos
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2015, 9:11 am

SilverStar wrote:
Women imply, and hint around about things, and they use body language to convey what they are thinking/feeling. The only problem with this is, most guys (even NT's) don't communicate this way, and miss a lot of it. The funny thing is, when it comes to talking about everyday things, or talking with their girlfriends, they are usually more direct.

Yes, that's my experience too. With some NT women it's possible to easily communicate as a friend or stranger, but as soon as she senses some kind of romantic overtones, she will switch to the NT relationship game and no longer communicate in an understandable way. However, this is only true for NT women, and some ND women that learnt the game too well.

Beau
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2015, 3:24 pm

I find people to be confusing, especially when their words and actions don't line up. This thread reminds me of Bieber's "what do you mean" song.

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2015, 5:25 pm

Fnord wrote:
I find women wonderfully confusing! The way my wife can make my head spin is better than any drug ever made!

That's sweet. :)

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 83 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 153 of 200 You are very likely neurotypical
Darn, I flunked.

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2015, 5:30 pm

I have no idea why men would find me confusing. Grumpy maybe, but confusing? Nah. Surely not. :mrgreen:

Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 153 of 200 You are very likely neurotypical
Darn, I flunked.

Earthling
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2015, 5:33 pm

Yes.
And confusion creates annoyance.

SilverStar
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2015, 5:33 pm

Fnord wrote:

If she makes your head spin so well, maybe you should spin her around a few times. :P

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2015, 5:39 pm

I think Aspie men are confusing. My Aspie friend of almost two years has now not said anything to me for two months. I've sent emails and texts with some having questions because I thought that maybe he's not answering because he doesn't think they need to be answered unless there's a question. I even asked if I said something wrong and still no answer. I don't know if he's alive or dead or if he plans on never answering me and just wants me to go away. I thought after two years a friendship would be solid, but nope. I don't know whether to keep trying or not. He really meant a lot to me. That's annoying.

Darn, I flunked.

SilverStar
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2015, 10:08 pm

nurseangela wrote:
I think Aspie men are confusing. My Aspie friend of almost two years has now not said anything to me for two months. I've sent emails and texts with some having questions because I thought that maybe he's not answering because he doesn't think they need to be answered unless there's a question. I even asked if I said something wrong and still no answer. I don't know if he's alive or dead or if he plans on never answering me and just wants me to go away. I thought after two years a friendship would be solid, but nope. I don't know whether to keep trying or not. He really meant a lot to me. That's annoying.

Many Aspies have trouble maintaining relationships. Sometimes they "wander off", or get fixated on other things, and they pretty much forget to check in with their friends and loved ones.

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2015, 10:46 pm

SilverStar wrote:
nurseangela wrote:

Many Aspies have trouble maintaining relationships. Sometimes they "wander off", or get fixated on other things, and they pretty much forget to check in with their friends and loved ones.

Well that's hurtful and I'm tired of crying. I can't keep wondering what's going on. Eventually I have to move on, I'm just not ready yet. I really cared about him. :cry:

Darn, I flunked.