Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 

Ferrus91
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

29 Nov 2015, 1:41 pm

It's coming. All the world events point this way. Especially, maybe, in Europe. The Baltics, Ukraine, Syria. So many flash points. And we don't even have proper fallout shelter provision in Britain.

I have been glum and anxious about this all week after the Turkey-Russia jet incident. I don't know if I want to carry on living given where everything is heading. Watch a British drama called Threads on Vimeo. Needless to say, I don't think even if they survive aspies will last long in the post-apocalyptic environment.

VIDEODROME
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2015, 1:58 pm

I don't think this will necessarily happen. That would depend on Putin outright invading Turkey and he seems to calculating to do that. I've heard that instead they'll just lean on Turkey with economic sanctions.

I think Putin sees Western powers as being foolish and may play a passive aggressive approach. If incidents like this happen again, it may look like it's the West's fault and it will be very difficult to engage in a full scale war based on our own incompetent mistakes or from deceitful allies. We would have no public support and people would flee from a draft.

marcb0t
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2015, 2:00 pm

Many many years ago, I used to fret and worry over these same kinds of scenarios. It did nothing to help me or those around me. I just stressed out and always felt this impending doom. That was 20 years ago.

But I came to accept that there is nothing that can possibly be done about nuclear war and holocaust. If in fact it ever does happen, it happens. You might not survive, or you may just be one of the people to survive and keep the human race going. Until something like that happens, or, "IF" it ever happens, you should focus your time and attention on something else.

Believe me, people have been worrying about this kind of thing for about 70 years, since the first atom bomb was dropped. And I totally sympathize with your situation as well. Here are a couple of scriptures that help me with my mindset:

Acts 17:26-27 - From one man He has made every nationality to live over the whole earth and has determined their appointed times and the boundaries of where they live.He did this so they might seek God, and perhaps they might reach out and find Him, though He is not far from each one of us...

Matthew 6:34 - So do not worry about tomorrow; for tomorrow will care for itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.

Perhaps you may find solace and hope in these. But when it comes to TV drama/documentaries from 1984 BBC broadcasting, well, this doesn't always line up with reality, and is certainly not a crystal ball. It's all pure speculation.

0_equals_true
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2015, 5:44 pm

There have been farce worse incidents in the past, this is nothing. Study the cold war and before.

Nebogipfel
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2015, 8:27 pm

Ferrus91 wrote:
It's coming. All the world events point this way. Especially, maybe, in Europe. The Baltics, Ukraine, Syria. So many flash points. And we don't even have proper fallout shelter provision in Britain.

I have been glum and anxious about this all week after the Turkey-Russia jet incident. I don't know if I want to carry on living given where everything is heading. Watch a British drama called Threads on Vimeo. Needless to say, I don't think even if they survive aspies will last long in the post-apocalyptic environment.

I could write a nice screenplay about how any number of things could wipe out humanity in realistic and gratuitous ways, but if I did that, I would be causing a panic, and that would make me an a#$#@$. I think the people who made Threads might have been a@$%$#s.

You might prefer this movie: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0120885/

Last edited by Nebogipfel on 30 Nov 2015, 10:33 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2015, 8:30 pm

If you are certain that it will happen, then tell us the date.

If you don't know the date, then you can't be certain that it will happen.

Prophesy is faith-based, and faith proves nothing.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2015, 8:39 pm

0_equals_true wrote:
There have been farce worse incidents .

AND worse moments of slapstick as well! :D

shlaifu
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2015, 9:17 pm

Signs are not pointing at nuclear war. Jesus. Things are a mess, but terrorist attacks have gone down over the last 40 years, and Russia and Turkey won't talk to each other for a while and that'll be it. And russians won't go on holiday to turkish all inclusive resorts.

Media and memory are playing tricks one one's mind.

AspE
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2015, 9:28 pm

Ferrus91 wrote:

Stop watching the news, you'll be fine. I mean, I read the news, don't get me wrong, it's just that reading it can be far less sensationalized, especially if it is an intelligent news outlet, like a good newspaper.

VIDEODROME
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2015, 9:38 pm

I think Putin has a lot of disdain for Obama. All he has to do is wait and Obama will be gone when we have the election.

During this time, he'll probably make a lot of calculated moves against Turkey, but I doubt he'll attack directly and escalate this to war.

Inventor
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2015, 10:34 pm

The Turks are doing it for Putin, they invaded Iraq today.

150 men with tanks reached the area of Mosul. The Turks have said they are sending in 1200.

Iraq told them to leave, and requested Russian air support.

Iraq has also rejected Obama putting boots on the ground.

Turkey has invaded their ISIS oil delivery route, from Iraq to Batman refinery.

Turkey has said they will not allow a defacto Kurdish State on their border, and they just invaded it.

ISIS is very weak, everything bombed, being pushed back everywhere. Now their supporters and supply lines are cut off.

Turkey, a NATO Member, has invaded two countries in a week. Both times was in support of their terrorist partners.

Turkey is the new Georgia, and the outcome will be the same.

Aspie202
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

04 Dec 2015, 10:36 pm

Even worse, I think the doomsday clock will be set for 1 minute till midnight next year.