"Makeup" vs. "Natural Look" Which Do You Prefer On Women?

Page 1 of 3 [ 34 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2015, 4:25 pm

MEN: Do you like women to wear makeup or do you prefer the "natural look"?

WOMEN: Is wearing makeup important to you?

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 83 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 153 of 200 You are very likely neurotypical
Darn, I flunked.

Earthling
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2015, 4:32 pm

Put little bit of makeup, look natural with makeup sounds good. 8)
If I can see the powder mask from 100 miles away, that's kinda a turnoff, because I think "Oh my, what is she hiding behind that?". 8O That's a kinda obvious cheesy thing to say though.
But I mean it's acceptable to cheat a little with low-maintenence stuff.

I think it also depends on what you're looking for.
For hookup probably more makeup, for relationship less. I think if you're going for something long-term you don't want to be too imposterous.

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2015, 4:43 pm

I don't wear makeup.
Maybe I should start.
Look more 'girly'.

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2015, 6:04 pm

I don't wear makeup, my mom used to tell me that I'm a natural beauty without makeup. I don't feel like I need makeup if I put on makeup, I would put on lipstick or lipgloss.

Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2015, 6:34 pm

I like plain Jane.

Makeup makes people look scary.

probly.an.aspie
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2015, 6:54 pm

I like to wear a little makeup if i am going away. At home i usually don't. Usually a little eye shadow for the dark circles, maybe some mascara. Enough to look like i care, but nothing overwhelming for me or the people who have to look at me. I could get by without it and look ok, but it makes me feel more put together.

and his pride won't let him
do things to make you think he's right."
-Ed Bruce

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2015, 8:08 pm

It depends.

A face full of makeup and a bathing suit looks odd.

No makeup and a formal gown also looks odd.

Most women look better without makeup, anyway; but most also seem insecure with presenting an honest appearance ...

(Story Time)

I was working at a phone center overseas, where students and tourists could purchase time to call home. I overheard one girl arguing with someone, and eventually her voice became loud enough for me to hear what she was saying.

"Mom! Please send all of my makeup! Yes, all of it! There's a cute boy over here, and I want him to see how I really look!"

:lol:

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2015, 9:12 pm

That's funny Mr. F!

Actually, I don't feel comfortable leaving the house without any makeup. However, one time (during the winter when I had my SAD going on and I really didn't give a darn what I looked like) I had a couple of "things" that really needed to get done ASAP so I just jumped out of bed and put my coat on not even bothering to look in the mirror and ran out the door. You know what happened? I got hit on at the car dealership twice! I think it had to be because I looked less threatening when I looked like crap and when I have makeup on I look more intimidating and unapproachable. I told my brother that I need to go out more looking ugly! The guys seemed to like the "a la natural" look - I wonder if they would also like the "a la natural" smell too!! :mrgreen:

Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 153 of 200 You are very likely neurotypical
Darn, I flunked.

Nambo
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2015, 9:35 pm

You can tell when a Woman with a natural look is beautiful, but what horrors might makeup be hiding?
A little bit around the eyes and lipstick for special occasions, otherwise, natural is sexy.

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2015, 11:21 pm

I don't understand why women need tons of makeup or fake boobs, fake nails & more fake stuff.

More than once, I was hit on with no makeup on, men were attractive to me like bees to honey, but I was skinnier back then. They were other times where men were attractive to me, once I got hit on cuz he liked my legs. There were more times, but not for a very long time now. :(

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

03 Dec 2015, 11:29 pm

I'd rather natural.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2015, 11:54 pm

I don't understand how most of the guys could be saying the natural look. How come then all of the models are ogled all the time - I'm sure the Victoria Secret models aren't "natural" in any sense of the word. :roll: It seems guys say they want one thing, but chase after another.

Darn, I flunked.

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2015, 2:13 am

perhaps the people who have replied are precisely those that aren't spending their time chasing models or ogling them, as much as anyone else. i don't

Fnord wrote:
I was working at a phone center overseas, where students and tourists could purchase time to call home. I overheard one girl arguing with someone, and eventually her voice became loud enough for me to hear what she was saying.

"Mom! Please send all of my makeup! Yes, all of it! There's a cute boy over here, and I want him to see how I really look!"

:lol:

interesting workplace.

i think some can pull off the formal wear with no makeup look just fine. i mean, if guys can...

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

Nambo
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2015, 3:05 am

nurseangela wrote:
I don't understand how most of the guys could be saying the natural look. How come then all of the models are ogled all the time - I'm sure the Victoria Secret models aren't "natural" in any sense of the word. :roll: It seems guys say they want one thing, but chase after another.

When we "ogle" Victoria Secret models, we are not really looking at their face.

blue_bean
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2015, 4:07 am

How about preferring "natural looking makeup"?

Lately I've been opting for a BB cream with a little powder to take the shine away, plus some simple tinted lip balm.

underwater
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2015, 5:16 am

You know, when I was younger I asked guys about this and asked them to use real women as examples. What quickly became apparent is that most guys can't see it when makeup is applied subtly - they think that women wearing only a little makeup are in fact barefaced.

That said, I guess that here at WP you can find more of the guys that actually prefer barefaced than in the general population.