Do you ring up tarot? 25%  25%  [ 1 ]
Do you text mediums? 25%  25%  [ 1 ]
Are you an occult follower? or.. member of a cult? 50%  50%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 4

Empathy
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2015, 4:23 pm

If you’re socially into this and wonder what the hell is going on with the cosmos or tarot readers and the like then read on to discover how this does and doesn’t work.

Ok, so sceptics of today don’t really interpret dreams as any real benefactor in their daily lives but,
I actually think, or believe they are wrong.
If you have any sort of premonition that happens months or years before an actual event or ’sign’ takes place, even just a visual place in a happy atmosphere, then maybe it means you need to strive for a better way forwards.. into a different realm, as the present one is obviously not working.
By simply listening to your dreams, especially if you’re a perceptive intuitive individual, then a time release strategy which deals with the now, rather than the there after can backdate feelings of a negative source and regroup healthier ideals in a misguided often narrow minded world, who can’t take on normal/fake concepts of a person or place. The manner in which you perceive these events or peoples, can bring on healthier ideals as time wares on and the past is healed and gone through the bespoke passage of time.
If everyone just relied on their inner strength and feeling without fear of being used for the power they themselves can harness, then fake timewasters such as mediums or tarot could just shunned.
For a basic reading offers no actual truth, the reality often comes from supernatural sources that actually present themselves into someone s sub conscious, but if people really want to spend their money charging for an active belief they don’t already possess, then filter through the right channels and not just ring up any psychic 'sidekick,' line.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2015, 5:48 pm

Your poll is biased toward belief in psychic phenomena.

There is no valid empirical evidence to support any claim of psychic ability.

Dreams are a purely mental phenomenon arisising from random synaptic firing during sleep.

Only this, and nothing more.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

izzeme
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2015, 4:30 am

It is *very* easy to explain a dream you had a few days/weeks/months/years ago as a premonition to what happened today, i can do that with any dream/event combo.

You go and make a prediction based on a dream you had, including the approximate date (just month and year is accurate enough), write it down and see if you were correct.

If these premonitions were real, psychics would be winning lotteries left and right, but they dont. so yeah...

Amity
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2015, 5:06 am

As a child I had a recurring dream about walking on a path through a garden, it was sloped, with railway sleepers used for terracing and purple heather flower beds along each terrace, the path led to a cottage.

It turned out to be over 100 miles away from me, and in private back garden, I had never been there before, and it was quite random that I went there too, the family I was staying with while on a camp brought me over to their neighbors house, and the garden was exactly the same as in my dream.

I was moving through it as I did many times before in my sleep, and I stopped in my tracks because when I replayed the imagery from this dream it matched this garden exactly. It was like a déjà vu experience!

Empathy
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2015, 7:12 am

Did I just a feel a vacuum? Must be that black hole everyone is being sucked into these days. :o

Fnord wrote:

There is no valid empirical evidence to support any claim of psychic ability.

Dreams are a purely mental phenomenon arisising from random synaptic firing during sleep.

Only this, and nothing more.

When you base your jurisdiction on less than popular references you end up looking like a defeated mass.
So how about, you reduce your point scoring to target no ones terms and ethos and let grown up people manage their own Navy seal costumes when they’re faced with an unprecedented tide.

The poll is just a branch and leaf formula to creating a message that none of us need to feel bad about.
If you feel strongly about opposing long held beliefs in self karmic terrain then all you can do is stay out of it and do not preach widely your beliefs on others.

There is a religious topic for this Fnord as you well know.

Please fill in the poll before you leave if you came to address it, unless there was a further void you wished to duplicate. Science won’t duplicate your feelings and is not always pre meditated as well as amore that is usually unpremeditated and wears off after.

I think I’ll brace myself for the responses if people choose to stay on topic relating to anything such as a past or present experience, or pure sabbatical re incarnation.

The land belongs to our forefathers
The ground belongs to Mother Earth
And..
Dreams are our karmic life force which resides within us

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2015, 7:19 am

I will respond to your poll when it includes an option for "'Psychics' are frauds", or "Keep banning 'psychic' spammers".

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

nerdygirl
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2015, 7:39 am

I cannot answer the poll. I have never used tarot cards or visited a medium or called a psychic.
But I have had "premonitions" aplenty.
Most of the time, I do not know the exact details involved. I only know general timelines.
Other times, I have known exact details, like one time I knew the car I needed to buy was going to be white.

I have many dreams.
Most of my dreams are nonsense and are just my mind making up a story from bits of things that have happened over the last week.
BUT, I have had other dreams that have *NO* elements from my life. These dreams are so different from the regular ones that I know they have meaning.

A couple of years ago, I had an extremely strange and somewhat disturbing dream that has impacted me so much that I wrote it down and what I believe the meaning is. I also had a premonition as to when this would all happen, and I am still waiting for that time period to come (my premonition was pretty far in advance.)
I don't know yet if this is going to come "true", but I have reason to think so because of my experience with all the other premonitions I have had.

The first time I vividly remember having something like this happen, I was 9. I came home from school and my mother told me my cousin was in the hospital with encephalitis. I cried and flopped on the bed and told her to give my Cabbage Patch doll to her. My mother just stared in unbelief and asked me how on earth I knew she had bought a Cabbage Patch doll for me. It was to be a Christmas present (and, no, I had not sneaked around nor had I overheard anything about it.)

I think I have some sort of "gift", but I am not involved in the occult. I am a Christian.
I believe most of these premonitions are messages for me, personally. Maybe it is a way God shows his love for me, giving me advance notice about things which is so nice.

I have never had a premonition about world events and rarely have I had premonitions about things that would affect other peoples' lives. I guess sometimes I have a "gut feeling" when someone tells me something or tells me about a decision they need to make. But I feel very uncomfortable sharing my gut feelings because I don't want to be wrong and have someone not trust me or, even worse, be turned off from God or spiritual things because I made an error.

I also get very strong "gut feelings" when I meet people. But, I tend not to listen to them because I don't want to be overly judgmental. I don't want to brush people off because of my first internal reaction. However, most of the time, my initial gut feeling ends up being correct.

izzeme
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2015, 7:45 am

I cannot answer a poll if the relevant answer isn't there...
Even a "none of the above" would have been sufficient; and is an option which every poll should include.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2015, 8:41 am

My premonitions are usually wrong.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2015, 9:15 am

izzeme wrote:
Even a "none of the above" would have been sufficient; and is an option which every poll should include.
Even an option of "Other" would have made the poll less biased.

The OP should have planned ahead for that.

Amity
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2015, 10:12 am

Amity wrote:
As a child I had a recurring dream about walking on a path through a garden, it was sloped, with railway sleepers used for terracing and purple heather flower beds along each terrace, the path led to a cottage.

It turned out to be over 100 miles away from me, and in private back garden, I had never been there before, and it was quite random that I went there too, the family I was staying with while on a camp brought me over to their neighbors house, and the garden was exactly the same as in my dream.

I was moving through it as I did many times before in my sleep, and I stopped in my tracks because when I replayed the imagery from this dream it matched this garden exactly. It was like a déjà vu experience!

Also to add that I have never used any form of tarot/psychic services/cult etc. Why is your poll so specific?

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2015, 10:30 am

In the real world, limiting the number of choices implies special interest in one specific outcome.

For instance, being offered only the choices of "Diet Coke", "New Coke", and "Old Coke" has more to do with getting people interested only in Coke products than in giving them any real freedom of choice.

Thus, it may be safely assumed that by offering only those options that favor a belief in psychic phenomena, the OP may have been more interested in getting people talking about fortune-telling and the occult than in giving them any real chance to express a wider range of opinions on the subject.

Adamantium
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2015, 11:46 am

Empathy wrote:
If you have any sort of premonition that happens months or years before an actual event or ’sign’ takes place, even just a visual place in a happy atmosphere, then maybe it means you need to strive for a better way forwards.. into a different realm, as the present one is obviously not working.

Eh? It walks like a syllogism and talks like a syllogism, but it parses like word salad. Does this mean anything at all?

If you have any sort of premonition, then you need to strive for a better way forwards.. into a different realm, as the present one is obviously not working.

Would it be possible to rewrite this in a way that made some kind of sense?

Empathy
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2015, 2:37 pm

Fnord wrote:
izzeme wrote:
Even an option of "Other" would have made the poll less biased.

The OP should have planned ahead for that.

Thus, it may be safely assumed that by offering only those options that favour a belief in psychic phenomena, the OP may have been more interested in getting people talking about fortune-telling and the occult than in giving them any real chance to express a wider range of opinions on the subject.

I will respond to your poll when it includes an option for "'Psychics' are frauds", or "Keep banning 'psychic' spammers".

:idea:

To be honest, all you are doing on here and elsewhere is spreading negative vibes and showing yourself up like all your male heretics usually do and are not well prepared for.
You don’t own this site or other people- so get used to it.

If you don’t dream, your conscious state is critically over consulted here and may wish to overcome that.

I think if you are seeking some kind of occult logic to the opinion poll, you would both do well to enhance it
yourself and refrain from approaching it via a make or break charter.

I’m encouraging people to talk openly about their experiences and not try to stamp anyone down.

You’re outspoken jealousy and self denial is a burgeoning sign of a mad scientist.

OTHER : Your philosophy is counter productive and would go along with other sexist remarks from others to tell tale all in another all male sub forum.

In a continued text, people can choose to vote placidly, but no one can ignore the signs they know they have had and can choose to create a new one, within a similar field of knowledge, I really don’t mind.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2015, 3:03 pm

Male heretic? Jealousy? Self-Denial? Mad Scientist? Sexist? Obviously, you don't know me at all.

I'm also curious to read more personal accounts. Please continue ...

Last edited by Fnord on 07 Dec 2015, 3:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BenderRodriguez
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2015, 3:07 pm

For someone calling themselves "Empathy" and speaking of bad vibes, there's a surprising amount of hostility in your posts 8O