Page 2 of 3 [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Rollo
Raven
Raven

11 Dec 2015, 9:34 am

GGPViper wrote:
Rollo wrote:
GGPViper wrote:
It sure is hard to choose among 3 candidates... when one of them saved the free world.

/sarcasm

"Saved the free world"? By helping to hand over half of Europe to Communism? Lol. What a joke.

At first I was going to make some snide reply about you having little grasp of history and the role the US played in bringing down Nazi Germany and preserving the market economies of Western Europe through the Marshall Plan.

... but then I looked at your post history...

I looked at your post history too, and saw this...

GGPViper wrote:
My father is a pureblood blond blue-eyed Aryan Dane.

He married a dark-as-night African woman...

No wonder Europe means little more to you than "market economies".

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2015, 11:40 am

Rollo wrote:
GGPViper wrote:
Rollo wrote:
GGPViper wrote:
It sure is hard to choose among 3 candidates... when one of them saved the free world.

/sarcasm

"Saved the free world"? By helping to hand over half of Europe to Communism? Lol. What a joke.

At first I was going to make some snide reply about you having little grasp of history and the role the US played in bringing down Nazi Germany and preserving the market economies of Western Europe through the Marshall Plan.

... but then I looked at your post history...

GGPViper wrote:

Okay, I'll ask for viper: What the hell is that supposed to mean?

GGPViper
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2015, 1:23 pm

Rollo wrote:

GGPViper wrote:

Oh noes! You left out the best part...

From the full post: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=300222&p=5968774#p5968774

GGPViper wrote:

As a result, I have only one question to Hitler, Himmler and Heydrich...

U Mad?

... Yep. They Mad.

Looks like Rollo is just as mad as his WWII friends... Poor Rollo...

Rollo
Raven
Raven

11 Dec 2015, 2:26 pm

GGPViper wrote:
Looks like Rollo is just as mad as his WWII friends... Poor Rollo...

Quit projecting.

Quote:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1448064/

Health and Behavior Risks of Adolescents with Mixed-Race Identity

Objectives. This study compared the health and risk status of adolescents who identify with 1 race with those identifying with more than 1 race.

Methods. Data are derived from self-reports of race, using the National Longitudinal Study of Adolescent Health (Add Health), which provides a large representative national sample of adolescents in grades 7 through 12. Respondents could report more than 1 race.

Results. Mixed-race adolescents showed higher risk when compared with single-race adolescents on general health questions, school experience, smoking and drinking, and other risk variables.

Conclusions. Adolescents who self-identify as more than 1 race are at higher health and behavior risks. The findings are compatible with interpreting the elevated risk of mixed race as associated with stress.

Quote:

http://www.theguardian.com/society/2014 ... tal-health

Mixed-race children 'are being failed' in treatment of mental health problems

Children of mixed race are at greater risk of suffering from mental health problems and are not getting the support they need, says a report.

Despite mixed-race children belonging to the fastest-growing ethnic group, the research, backed by the National Children's Bureau, found that they faced "unrealistic" expectations from teachers and other adults who did not understand their backgrounds.

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2015, 2:35 pm

Eleanor. She was freakin' hot!

Oscar Meyer Lansky

GGPViper
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2015, 3:09 pm

Rollo wrote:
Quote:

Objectives. This study compared the health and risk status of adolescents who identify with 1 race with those identifying with more than 1 race.

Methods. Data are derived from self-reports of race, using the National Longitudinal Study of Adolescent Health (Add Health), which provides a large representative national sample of adolescents in grades 7 through 12. Respondents could report more than 1 race.

Results. Mixed-race adolescents showed higher risk when compared with single-race adolescents on general health questions, school experience, smoking and drinking, and other risk variables.

Conclusions. Adolescents who self-identify as more than 1 race are at higher health and behavior risks. The findings are compatible with interpreting the elevated risk of mixed race as associated with stress.

Ahh, you think *science* is your ally? But you merely cherry-picked the science. I was trained in it, moulded by it...

Lohmueller, Kirk E. et al. (2008) wrote:
Quantifying the number of deleterious mutations per diploid human genome is of crucial concern to both evolutionary and medical geneticists. Here we combine genome-wide polymorphism data from PCR-based exon resequencing, comparative genomic data across mammalian species, and protein structure predictions to estimate the number of functionally consequential single-nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) carried by each of 15 African American (AA) and 20 European American (EA) individuals. We find that AAs show significantly higher levels of nucleotide heterozygosity than do EAs for all categories of functional SNPs considered, including synonymous, non-synonymous, predicted 'benign', predicted 'possibly damaging' and predicted 'probably damaging' SNPs. This result is wholly consistent with previous work showing higher overall levels of nucleotide variation in African populations than in Europeans4. EA individuals, in contrast, have significantly more genotypes homozygous for the derived allele at synonymous and non-synonymous SNPs and for the damaging allele at 'probably damaging' SNPs than AAs do. For SNPs segregating only in one population or the other, the proportion of non-synonymous SNPs is significantly higher in the EA sample (55.4%) than in the AA sample (47.0%; P < 2.3 times 10-37). We observe a similar proportional excess of SNPs that are inferred to be 'probably damaging' (15.9% in EA; 12.1% in AA; P < 3.3 times 10-11). Using extensive simulations, we show that this excess proportion of segregating damaging alleles in Europeans is probably a consequence of a bottleneck that Europeans experienced at about the time of the migration out of Africa.
Joshi, Peter K., et al. (2015) wrote:
Homozygosity has long been associated with rare, often devastating, Mendelian disorders, and Darwin was one of the first to recognize that inbreeding reduces evolutionary fitness. However, the effect of the more distant parental relatedness that is common in modern human populations is less well understood. Genomic data now allow us to investigate the effects of homozygosity on traits of public health importance by observing contiguous homozygous segments (runs of homozygosity), which are inferred to be homozygous along their complete length. Given the low levels of genome-wide homozygosity prevalent in most human populations, information is required on very large numbers of people to provide sufficient power. Here we use runs of homozygosity to study 16 health-related quantitative traits in 354,224 individuals from 102 cohorts, and find statistically significant associations between summed runs of homozygosity and four complex traits: height, forced expiratory lung volume in one second, general cognitive ability and educational attainment (P < 1 × 10(-300), 2.1 × 10(-6), 2.5 × 10(-10) and 1.8 × 10(-10), respectively). In each case, increased homozygosity was associated with decreased trait value, equivalent to the offspring of first cousins being 1.2 cm shorter and having 10 months' less education. Similar effect sizes were found across four continental groups and populations with different degrees of genome-wide homozygosity, providing evidence that homozygosity, rather than confounding, directly contributes to phenotypic variance. Contrary to earlier reports in substantially smaller samples, no evidence was seen of an influence of genome-wide homozygosity on blood pressure and low density lipoprotein cholesterol, or ten other cardio-metabolic traits. Since directional dominance is predicted for traits under directional evolutionary selection, this study provides evidence that increased stature and cognitive function have been positively selected in human evolution, whereas many important risk factors for late-onset complex diseases may not have been.

http://www.nature.com/nature/journal/v4 ... 06611.html
http://www.nature.com/nature/journal/v5 ... 14618.html

Or more concisely:
- There are more deleterious alleles in European populations due to lack of biological variation within this population.
- Lack of biological variation within human populations leads to lower height and lower IQ.

The cited studies are also - unlike the one you referred to - based on measurement of actual genetic variation, and not just survey responses.

The biological advantage of heterozygosity (heterosis/hybrid vigor) is well established by scientific evidence, which really shatters your white supremacist world-view.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2015, 7:21 pm

GGPViper wrote:
Rollo wrote:
Quote:

Ahh, you think *science* is your ally? But you merely cherry-picked the science. I was trained in it, moulded by it...

Lohmueller, Kirk E. et al. (2008) wrote:
Quantifying the number of deleterious mutations per diploid human genome is of crucial concern to both evolutionary and medical geneticists. Here we combine genome-wide polymorphism data from PCR-based exon resequencing, comparative genomic data across mammalian species, and protein structure predictions to estimate the number of functionally consequential single-nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) carried by each of 15 African American (AA) and 20 European American (EA) individuals. We find that AAs show significantly higher levels of nucleotide heterozygosity than do EAs for all categories of functional SNPs considered, including synonymous, non-synonymous, predicted 'benign', predicted 'possibly damaging' and predicted 'probably damaging' SNPs. This result is wholly consistent with previous work showing higher overall levels of nucleotide variation in African populations than in Europeans4. EA individuals, in contrast, have significantly more genotypes homozygous for the derived allele at synonymous and non-synonymous SNPs and for the damaging allele at 'probably damaging' SNPs than AAs do. For SNPs segregating only in one population or the other, the proportion of non-synonymous SNPs is significantly higher in the EA sample (55.4%) than in the AA sample (47.0%; P < 2.3 times 10-37). We observe a similar proportional excess of SNPs that are inferred to be 'probably damaging' (15.9% in EA; 12.1% in AA; P < 3.3 times 10-11). Using extensive simulations, we show that this excess proportion of segregating damaging alleles in Europeans is probably a consequence of a bottleneck that Europeans experienced at about the time of the migration out of Africa.
Joshi, Peter K., et al. (2015) wrote:
Homozygosity has long been associated with rare, often devastating, Mendelian disorders, and Darwin was one of the first to recognize that inbreeding reduces evolutionary fitness. However, the effect of the more distant parental relatedness that is common in modern human populations is less well understood. Genomic data now allow us to investigate the effects of homozygosity on traits of public health importance by observing contiguous homozygous segments (runs of homozygosity), which are inferred to be homozygous along their complete length. Given the low levels of genome-wide homozygosity prevalent in most human populations, information is required on very large numbers of people to provide sufficient power. Here we use runs of homozygosity to study 16 health-related quantitative traits in 354,224 individuals from 102 cohorts, and find statistically significant associations between summed runs of homozygosity and four complex traits: height, forced expiratory lung volume in one second, general cognitive ability and educational attainment (P < 1 × 10(-300), 2.1 × 10(-6), 2.5 × 10(-10) and 1.8 × 10(-10), respectively). In each case, increased homozygosity was associated with decreased trait value, equivalent to the offspring of first cousins being 1.2 cm shorter and having 10 months' less education. Similar effect sizes were found across four continental groups and populations with different degrees of genome-wide homozygosity, providing evidence that homozygosity, rather than confounding, directly contributes to phenotypic variance. Contrary to earlier reports in substantially smaller samples, no evidence was seen of an influence of genome-wide homozygosity on blood pressure and low density lipoprotein cholesterol, or ten other cardio-metabolic traits. Since directional dominance is predicted for traits under directional evolutionary selection, this study provides evidence that increased stature and cognitive function have been positively selected in human evolution, whereas many important risk factors for late-onset complex diseases may not have been.

Or more concisely:
- There are more deleterious alleles in European populations due to lack of biological variation within this population.
- Lack of biological variation within human populations leads to lower height and lower IQ.

The cited studies are also - unlike the one you referred to - based on measurement of actual genetic variation, and not just survey responses.

The biological advantage of heterozygosity (heterosis/hybrid vigor) is well established by scientific evidence, which really shatters your white supremacist world-view.

Racial purity has done nothing but bring about inbred populations practising stagnant cultures. And the rejection in practice of such purity is the secret of America's success - - muttdom.

Rollo
Raven
Raven

12 Dec 2015, 7:32 am

GGPViper wrote:

Am I supposed to be impressed?
GGPViper wrote:

Or more concisely:

1. I was making a point about the angst felt by many mixed-race people who feel unable to identify with either of their parents' races and who grow up in a society that they know has been built by people racially different from them. Survey responses were quite adequate for the point I was making. How a person's genetic makeup directly influences their phenotypic characteristics is a separate issue, but since you've brought it up, I'll carry on...

2. You seem to have made the typically false assumption that people like me must be primarily interested in IQ and other phenotypic characteristics. That's not the case. I am interested in seeing the races preserved, and then seeing humanity improved within that framework, not in seeing the races of mankind blended out for the sake of making human beings 1cm taller or whatever. However, in my ideal world there would also be some Half-Caste-Stans where mixed race people can bask in their superiority as much as they like.

3. Even if intelligence were my primary concern, I could point out that European intelligence is responsible for virtually all of the modern technology you see around you, as you well know. We've gotten along just fine with our homozygosity and deleterious alleles, thank you. And those Dutch and Serbs are pretty tall.

4. Your concise summary is just vague fluff. What does it even mean? Are we supposed to conclude that the average European is shorter than the average non-European (including those 2 billion or so Orientals)? Are we expected to believe that a Dutch man has a better chance of having a tall child with a Pygmy than with a Dutch woman? Are we expected to believe that if race A who have an average IQ 100 engages in panmixia with race B who have an average IQ of 70, the resulting population will have an average IQ over 100? Somehow I think there's enough variation within whole ethnic groups (European or otherwise) to prevent any major widespread problems, as long as Middle-Eastern- and South-Asian-style cousin marriage is largely avoided.

GGPViper wrote:

The concept of hybrid vigour does not shatter my worldview in the slightest, but you wouldn't realise that since you've made a typically wrong-headed assumption about what my worldview is.

However, it's interesting to see a mulatto-supremacist indulging in the sort of rhetoric that people like me are usually expected to indulge in (even though I don't).

Last edited by Rollo on 12 Dec 2015, 7:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rollo
Raven
Raven

12 Dec 2015, 7:35 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
Racial purity has done nothing but bring about inbred populations practising stagnant cultures.

Yes, what did those inbred Europeans ever achieve, apart from building Western civilization of course.

Kraichgauer wrote:
And the rejection in practice of such purity is the secret of America's success - - muttdom.

No, sport, America achieved her position of world domination when she was 90% White and practising de facto racial segregation, and after the other White nations had exhausted themselves in a worldwide war. Being a massive country full of natural resources and with a huge population also helped. Your beloved muttdom is why America will soon be overtaken as a superpower by China.

Like everything you type, your post is just fashionable nonsense.

Rollo
Raven
Raven

12 Dec 2015, 7:36 am

To answer the original question: my favourite Roosevelt is obviously Theodore by default.

GGPViper
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2015, 9:41 am

Rollo wrote:
3. Even if intelligence were my primary concern, I could point out that European intelligence is responsible for virtually all of the modern technology you see around you, as you well know.

I agree completely... Why, in combination, billions of people probably owe their lives to Fritz Haber (co-inventor of synthetic fertilizer), Karl Landsteiner & Richard Lewisohn (inventors of blood transfusions), Ernst Boris Chain (co-inventor of penicillin)...

... but wait... these guys are Jews... and Jews, despite making up approx. 0.2 percent of the world's population, are recipients of approx. 20 percent of all Nobel prizes (and 28, 26 and 19 percent respectively in the hard sciences of medicine, physics and chemistry).
.. and based on your post history you really, really, really, really, really don't seem to like the Jews much... Especially not the Askhenazi Jews, who are very prominent in scientific fields...

So if you were genuinely concerned with advocating the champions of modern technology, you'd start advocating Jewish - not white - supremacy... I'm not holding my breath...

Rollo wrote:
4. Your concise summary is just vague fluff. What does it even mean?

If you don't like the summary... read the *actual* abstract which I included in my post... :roll:

Rollo wrote:
However, it's interesting to see a mulatto-supremacist indulging in the sort of rhetoric that people like me are usually expected to indulge in (even though I don't).

Hmm... As I recall, it was *you* who brought up my ancestry in a thread about Roosevelts to make some sort of point about race... not I.

All I am asking for is some consistency in your supremacist views.

If you are going for biology, then you ought to be cheering for the mutts...
If you are going for technology/science, you ought to be cheering for the Jews...

Yet your enthusiasm for both groups seems to be rather muted...

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2015, 12:39 pm

Teddy had a few good points,but this comment shows he's just another white racist.

"I don't go so far as to think that the only good Indians are dead Indians, but I believe nine out of ten are, and I shouldn't like to inquire too closely into the case of the tenth". (Stannard, Op.Cit.)

Glad to see you are back Viper.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2015, 2:13 pm

Misslizard wrote:
Teddy had a few good points,but this comment shows he's just another white racist.

"I don't go so far as to think that the only good Indians are dead Indians, but I believe nine out of ten are, and I shouldn't like to inquire too closely into the case of the tenth". (Stannard, Op.Cit.)

Glad to see you are back Viper.

I have no doubt that you could find un pc things coming out of TR's mouth, or pen, if you look hard enough for them. Same with every other White male public figure prior to WWII.

But are you sure TR said that particular thing?

The reason I ask is that TR came of age after the era of the Indian wars, and after the Frontier had ended. So why would TR have ever even had the occasion to address the subject of killing Indians? Doesnt quite make sense.

Are you sure you're not thinking of an earlier person (maybe Andrew Jackson, or Tippecanoe Harrison)?

American Indians were among the eagerest guys to join his Rough Riders brigade of volunteers. So in contrast to"Indian fighters" of earlier America (like Benjamin "Tippecanoe" Harrison) TR's experience was fighting alongside Indians rather than against them.

And when TR was president he was the first to racially integrate the staff lunch room of the White House (Blacks and Whites ate together for the first time). When Woodrow Wilson took office Wilson promptly reversed it back to being segregated (kinda like when Reagen tore out the solar cells on the White House roof that Carter had installed).

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2015, 2:46 pm

/\There are enough sources to make me believe he did.
http://www.smithsonianmag.com/history/g ... 117859516/
http://www.historytoday.com/tim-stanley ... -laid-bare

Rockymtchris
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

12 Dec 2015, 3:02 pm

While I don't really have a favourite Roosevelt per se, I'm highly envious of how FDR got to dress as a child...
^I would love to have looked like this as a little boy regardless of what others' might have thought.
FWIW, he passed the shoe style on to his own boys...

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2015, 3:34 pm

Misslizard wrote:

I couldnt imagine a context for him saying it because I dont associate him with the frontier era, but I guess for some reason he did say it.