17 Dec 2015, 2:06 am

Alien_Papa
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2015, 1:47 am

Tollorin wrote:
They made a thin Santa wearing costly non-insulating clothes. :(
http://www.nbcnews.com/video/msnbc-quick-cuts/58231562/#58231562
How can he resit the cold without a hat, a coat and a big belly!? This is not a convincing Santa...

That's a farce because it doesn't match the description of Santa in the Bible.

Meistersinger
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2015, 2:30 am

Alien_Papa wrote:

What drugs have you been taking????????????

First, Santa Claus does not appear in the canonical books of the Bible, nor does he appear in the Apocrypha.

Second, Santa is nothing more than a figment of the marketing geniuses at Coca Cola.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2015, 8:36 am

Alien_Papa wrote:
Tollorin wrote:
How can he resit the cold without a hat, a coat and a big belly!? This is not a convincing Santa...

Santa Clause is mentioned in the Bible the same number of times that Britney Spears is mentioned in the Bible. Zero. :lol:

St. Nicholas was an actual person- a Monk in Anatolia (now Turkey) in the Middle Ages who lived a thousand years after the end of the New Testament. Among his deeds were giving little gifts to children. And his official day is on December 6th (close to christmas). So gradually his memory morphed into being that of being a mythical figure who gives gifts to children on Christmas.

Then in the Anglo Saxon world he started to evolve away from being an austere monk-like figure to being jolly portly "Father Christmas". Then in Victorian times he became a fat little eight inch tall elf who could land on roof tops with tiny reindeer, and could fit down chimneys. And around 1900 the Coke company restored him to full human size and gave him a bright red suit.

Edenthiel
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2015, 1:36 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
Alien_Papa wrote:
Tollorin wrote:

Santa Clause is mentioned in the Bible the same number of times that Britney Spears is mentioned in the Bible. Zero. :lol:

St. Nicholas was an actual person- a Monk in Anatolia (now Turkey) in the Middle Ages who lived a thousand years after the end of the New Testament. Among his deeds were giving little gifts to children. And his official day is on December 6th (close to christmas). So gradually his memory morphed into being that of being a mythical figure who gives gifts to children on Christmas.

Then in the Anglo Saxon world he started to evolve away from being an austere monk-like figure to being jolly portly "Father Christmas". Then in Victorian times he became a fat little eight inch tall elf who could land on roof tops with tiny reindeer, and could fit down chimneys. And around 1900 the Coke company restored him to full human size and gave him a bright red suit.

Don't forget about when he was granted creepy superpowers by aliens! In the earlier instances he didn't have the magical ability to spy on children 24/7, in their own homes, in a very godlike / pedophilic-peeping-tom sort of way ("he sees you when you are sleeping, he knows when you're awake. He knows if you've been bad or good"....Did Sting write those lyrics when he was still with the Police?)

Varelse
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

19 Dec 2015, 2:33 pm

The guy's pretty cool and what he's doing is original and amusing. He's donating a dollar to the sick kids fund for every selfie taken with him and posted on social media.

With that out of the way... did anyone else ever try to catch Santa? I mean, sneak out of your room and catch him in the act of filling stockings or dropping off gifts or whatever. I must have driven my parents nuts with that, because I'm a lifelong insomniac and you could never really be sure I was asleep, no matter what time it was.

DailyPoutine1
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2015, 2:39 pm

Varelse wrote:
With that out of the way... did anyone else ever try to catch Santa? I mean, sneak out of your room and catch him in the act of filling stockings or dropping off gifts or whatever.

Thats a felony in North Pole!

InsomniaGrl
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2015, 2:53 pm

I liked Bad Santa, he was a good Santa. Not all mall Santas are wrong uns, he was just a thief.

Alien_Papa
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2015, 1:28 am

Wolfram87
Veteran
Veteran

30 Dec 2015, 1:46 pm

Alien_Papa wrote:

That's not santa, that's professor Badass in December.

Fnord wrote:
"Santa" is just an anagram for ...

(Could it be?)

... SATAN!

Far better: the Scandinavian word for Christmas is still Jul/Jól. One of the many names for Odin is Jólnir. This is not a coincidence.

"Ho ho ho, kids..."