Page 1 of 4 [ 62 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

What's worse, white pride or white guilt/shame?
white pride 19%  19%  [ 11 ]
white guilt/shame 40%  40%  [ 23 ]
both 40%  40%  [ 23 ]
Total votes : 57

LonelyJar
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2015, 12:30 am

I say both are equally stupid for different reasons.

andrethemoogle
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2015, 2:02 am

Both. I honestly do not get white guilt or shame. Why should I be ashamed of being white? SJWs use that rhetoric like it's some disease I have. I didn't choose to be on the spectrum, neither did I choose my race, my orientation, my gender, etc.

Racial pride is something that I don't care for either, as in the end, it'll end up being some form of supremacy and then lead to racism (history has show this many times).

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2015, 4:51 am

What's worse is trying to make me feel guilt or shame for something someone else did 150 or more years ago.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2015, 11:02 am

White Pride has becoming so associated with excusing and justifying racism it is way way to late for it to regain its literal meaning.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2015, 11:58 am

ASPartOfMe wrote:
White Pride has becoming so associated with excusing and justifying racism it is way way to late for it to regain its literal meaning.
Once you give up, the opposition has won.

"White Pride" to me is all about the accomplishments of my Euro-American ancestors.

"White Shame" is what others try to put on me for someone else's atrocities.

We can also discuss "Muslim Pride / Muslim Shame", "Black Pride / Black Shame", "Aspie Pride / Aspie Shame" and whatever kinds of "Pride / Shame" that come to mind.

Every culture has accomplished good things, while individuals in those cultures have done some very bad things.

Let's focus on the accomplishments, and not the atrocities, for each culture; and let's not give up on cultural pride.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

GoonSquad
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2015, 12:08 pm

so, you want to own Jefferson's contribution to political philosophy, for example. But you refuse to acknowledge his proclivity for child rape?

Way to cherry pick... :roll:

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2015, 12:14 pm

GoonSquad wrote:
so, you want to own Jefferson's contribution to political philosophy, for example. But you refuse to acknowledge his proclivity for child rape? Way to cherry pick... :roll:
I want to acknowledge the contributions that Europeans have made, without being forced to "own" their crimes as well.

It's just like how African-Americans express pride in the accomplishments of other African-Americans without even acknowledging the crimes that some of them have committed. If they can do it, then so can we.

GoonSquad
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2015, 12:30 pm

Fnord wrote:
GoonSquad wrote:
so, you want to own Jefferson's contribution to political philosophy, for example. But you refuse to acknowledge his proclivity for child rape? Way to cherry pick... :roll:
I want to acknowledge the contributions that Europeans have made, without being forced to "own" their crimes as well.

but, YOU didn't do anything on either count. You're not entitled to credit or blame.

Quote:
It's just like how African-Americans express pride in the accomplishments of other African-Americans without even acknowledging the crimes that some of them have committed. If they can do it, then so can we.

That's not really the point of "_____(insert ethnicity here)___" pride.

The point is simply to offset hundreds of years of history, written from the white male point of view--to let blacks, hispanics, asians, women, etc. know that people like them ACTUALLY existed and contributed in the past.

We don't need to emphasize white pride/accomplishments. It's baked into the culture. In America, everyday is white pride day by default.

Inventor
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2015, 12:54 pm

Every day is White Male Pride Day!

We have pulled off some awesome feats of Art, Engineering, Mechanics, Economics, and Warfare.

Somebody else came in second, someone third, they need to work on their game.

Other people have done great things, it was written about in books written by White Males.

It is hard when you are always leading in the polls, and the other candidates can only attack you.

As Bob Dylan put it, "Doesn't want to come up any higher just wants to get you down in the hole that he's in."

The White Male way has to be destroyed, for the Non-White Supremacists to win.

If that happens a destructive force will then run the world.

Are you ready for, The Dark Side?

andrethemoogle
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2015, 1:23 pm

Fnord wrote:
What's worse is trying to make me feel guilt or shame for something someone else did 150 or more years ago.

That's the logic of some I don't get (not referring to you Fnord, just wanting to make that clear).

My ancestry is from Ireland, Poland and Scotland. Why should I feel guilt over something my ancestors had NOTHING to do with?

MDD123
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2015, 1:32 pm

It just seems pointless to take pride in something when you didn't do it. The same way it's pointless to apologize for something you didn't do.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2015, 3:17 pm

Fnord wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:
Once you give up, the opposition has won.

"White Pride" to me is all about the accomplishments of my Euro-American ancestors.

"White Shame" is what others try to put on me for someone else's atrocities.

We can also discuss "Muslim Pride / Muslim Shame", "Black Pride / Black Shame", "Aspie Pride / Aspie Shame" and whatever kinds of "Pride / Shame" that come to mind.

Every culture has accomplished good things, while individuals in those cultures have done some very bad things.

Let's focus on the accomplishments, and not the atrocities, for each culture; and let's not give up on cultural pride.

More like white pride was hijacked by real racists and Neo-Nazi's and progressives took the gift that was handed to them.

I would rather spend my time trying to save the original Aspie idea which has been damaged but might still be salvageable then fighting for a cause that was lost at least a half a century ago.

I don't understand having pride in the group you happened to be born into anyway. Why would you have pride in what others of your group did?. You can use thier accomplishments to say if they can do you might be able to, but pride?

As far as white shame fighting the idea that bieng born white makes you automatically racist and privileged is a good idea. It is probably not to late, but close to enough to bieng too late for my comfort.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2015, 6:30 pm

Im proud of my ancestral heritage, the Celts, both Irish and Welsh on both sides, we were a force to be reckoned with, and even the Romans at times feared us, if it weren't for the Romans all of Europe would be Celts to this day and there would be no Celtic slaves and of course there would be no English Language. The Celts were advanced in their techology at their times despite being barbarians who ran naked into battle with blue face paint, they were the first to come up with iron and the Romans eventually copied the helms and spears and such. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Celts

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2015, 7:12 pm

Some of my ancestors - the Cree and the Cherokee - had the perfect life for thousands of years.

The men hunted, fished, fought, and fathered children. The women cooked, cleaned, gathered food, and bore the children.

Then the White Man came along and thought he could improve on that culture.

(See? I can play both sides in this game!)

MDD123
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2015, 10:37 pm

That's why I don't like the game Fnord, the only option I have is to eat crow and apologize.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2015, 12:17 am

It never occurred to me to be proud to be white until I heard I should be ashamed of being white.