Page 1 of 2 [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Kyle Katarn
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2015, 11:28 am

Seriously? Why are people offended by this? It's Starbucks problem what they do with their cups. What's wrong with them being red?

GoonSquad
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2015, 11:38 am

It pisses off the baby Jesus.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2015, 11:41 am

It's the PC crap again. They didn't put Merry Christmas on it or any holiday greeting and people were offended by that. Really?

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2015, 11:59 am

Kyle Katarn wrote:
Seriously? Why are people offended by this? It's Starbucks problem what they do with their cups. What's wrong with them being red?
I like green cups. THAT's what's wrong with it!

:wink:

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

0_equals_true
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2015, 4:56 pm

Chances are the decision was purely down to economics.

AntDog
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2015, 12:32 am

Because the plainness is representative of an irreligious society, there's no fun, no tolerance for belief, no allowance of celebration other than for founders of communism (red) that forces the atheism and totalitarianism upon said society that was splintered to the point of such takeover to where said totalitarianism was created and different beliefs were lost or forced out.

izzeme
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2015, 6:36 am

They are red around christmas time -> they are red to celebrate christmas
Now they celebrate christmas without and seasonal greetings, which is bad.

Of course, this is america, so if they said "merry christmas", they'd be attacked for singeling out christians; there's no winning the PC battle, which is why i myself don't even play.

Kyle Katarn
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2015, 7:26 am

Americans being Americans.

Aspie202
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

14 Dec 2015, 7:30 am

2015- the year every American was offended by absolutely everything.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2015, 8:19 am

Aspie202 wrote:
2015- the year every American was offended by absolutely everything.

I'm offended by this comment!

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2015, 11:31 am

Well apparently its an attack on Christmas, that the Starbucks cups aren't very 'festive' and don't say 'merry Christmas'. :roll: The thing is though I don't think most people care one way or another what Starbucks does with their cups but some christian group got all up in arms about it and is very offended they didn't decorate their cups a certain way.

I'd think they'd have more important things to do around this time of year than complain about what's printed on starbucks cups but whatever.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2015, 11:32 am

AntDog wrote:
Because the plainness is representative of an irreligious society, there's no fun, no tolerance for belief, no allowance of celebration other than for founders of communism (red) that forces the atheism and totalitarianism upon said society that was splintered to the point of such takeover to where said totalitarianism was created and different beliefs were lost or forced out.

Is this actually what they believe? lol

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2015, 11:37 am

izzeme wrote:
They are red around christmas time -> they are red to celebrate christmas
Now they celebrate christmas without and seasonal greetings, which is bad.

Of course, this is america, so if they said "merry christmas", they'd be attacked for singeling out christians; there's no winning the PC battle, which is why i myself don't even play.

I actually don't think very many non-christians would really give a crap if the cups said merry Christmas, i certainly wouldn't care. Of course I know this group assumes everyone is so offended by the word christmas, and that must be the reason or maybe starbucks just didn't care to print up festive cups who cares? Or maybe starbucks isn't ran by people who celebrate Christmas...that's a possibility to. Just an example of people making a non-issue into an issue.

shlaifu
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2015, 11:37 am

It's good design.
Starbucks shows that a colour theme is all that's needed. I think it's brilliant minimalism.

The rest is to fill the pauses between commercials, so people keep watching until the next block of comnercials comes up.
You know, the bits between the advertising is where the tv channel hemorrhages money, right?

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2015, 11:43 am

Haven't people ever heard of a sharpie marker? one can always bring one of those with and write/draw whatever the hell they want to on their coffee cup.

For instance

But for the angry Christians they can write merry Christmas, and instead of doing a satanic goats head pentagram they can turn the Starbucks symbol thingy into a Christmas tree or something instead.

mr_bigmouth_502
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2015, 12:10 pm

AntDog wrote:

Why would a large corporation such as Starbucks advocate for communism? :P Frankly, I don't see what the big fuss is about, and honestly, it just pisses me off that people are so offended by it. I'm no fan of the left-wing PC brigade, but I'm also not a fan of the right-wing "moral majority". They both need to chill the f**k out and get a grip.

Anyway, I just thought I'd share this:
Personally, I think the Starbucks cup is more festive looking. ;) It's got all the right colors after all. Merry Yule!