Page 2 of 5 [ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Rockymtchris
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

22 Dec 2015, 6:00 am

After reading recent posts, I gotta add a couple of beverages to my "hate" list...
1. BOTTLED water, non-carbonated like Aquafina and other single-serve brands, total waste of money. I like tap water so much better as I can at least taste the minerals. I will buy Aarohead "sparkling" in BIG bottles, as it's from springs.
2. Any juice with "pulp", especially ones sold as "country style" or non pastureised. Odwalla is the worst! Also no peach.

looniverse
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

22 Dec 2015, 9:08 am

I'm not very picky when it comes to food. I think that eating is my primary stim.

I don't really like spicy hot food, though. I've tried it several times. It makes me sweat and I also can't really taste the ingredients after awhile. I generally don't like hot beverages, either. It's not the taste, but the temperature. I think my mouth is more sensitive to heat than the average person. I prefer cold beverages. Room temperature water is not very appealing to me.

I tend more to have preferences when it comes to combinations of foods. I would rather eat a lot of things separately than mixed together.

Mango makes me think of pine needles.

There's a lot of food I used to hate but got used to after trying them more gradually.
I hated tomatoes as a kid, now I love them
I hated green pepper in omelets or on pizza, now I tolerate it at least. Red/orange/yellow peppers are much better.
I believe in mind over matter, so I realize that a lot of food preference is simply psychological. If I think something will be gross it will be gross. If I suspend judgment, it might not be so bad. If I think it will be delicious, it's way more likely to be good.

BirdInFlight
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2015, 9:19 am

Someone mentioned muscle meats and I had a huge problem with the lamb my mother used to make. Something about the taste of it made me feel unwell though it wasn't about her cooking; she was a good cook and everyone else loved it. It did odd things to me. I now don't eat meat.

Orange juice -- it's way too intense for me. I can drink it if I water it down but on its own it's too much for my taste buds.

Same with very spicy foods. I can't stand hot spicy food; it's way too intense an experience for my taste buds. Mild is just about okay but even then it's too "hot" for my liking.

Alcohol -- I don't like the taste of alcohol. To fit in socially I will accept a glass of wine or a bottle of beer, and I can sip it without causing problems, but I can never ever LOVE it. It tastes nasty to me.

People mock and chide people who don't like spicy foods as if it's just a choice or a failing. "Oh the hotter the better!" Like that makes them a better person because they chew jalapenos for breakfast and you're a wimp if you don't order the hottest dish. But it's actually to do with your physical taste buds and I literally physically can't tolerate some of these things.

If you have a problem with something I post, something I believe, something I do or say, something in my sig, or something I am stupid enough to share that I'm struggling with and being caused pain by -- TELL ME TO MY FACE so that I can defend myself, instead of see you make a mockery of or a dig about it later.

On the other hand, friends will never need an explanation, and enemies bent on disliking me will never accept one.

ASD Level 1, PTSD. Plus anxiety with panic attacks, mild sub-clinical situational depression -- and a massive case of sheer freakin' BURNOUT.

~ ~ ~

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2015, 9:53 am

Most kinds of fish
Seafood (clams, mussels, scallops, oysters, shellfish)
Corned beef
Turnips
Cabbage
Onions (unless they're chopped up into very tiny pieces)
Tomatoes (except for those little cherry tomatoes which are very sweet tasting)
Grapefruit
Liver (I fail to see how anyone can enjoy eating an organ that makes bile and tastes like dog food.)
Lamb
Wild game (deer, rabbit).

Any alcoholic beverage.
Strong coffee.
Grapefruit juice
Cranberry juice (unless it's mixed with a sweeter tasting fruit juice)
Prune juice (I once tried it, thinking how bad can it be, it's only prunes?...Ugghh!)
Coca-Cola (but I like Pepsi)
Any juice that has a bitter taste makes me want to throw up. :(

TheAP
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2015, 12:34 pm

Foods: Pickles. Black olives. Black licorice. Onions. Pineapple. Celery (the strings gross me out). Cherry tomatoes. White rice with no sauce.

Drinks: White milk. Iced tea. Most juices. Beer/wine.

LocksAndLiqueur
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

23 Dec 2015, 1:41 am

I don't like the texture of chicken gizzards. The flavor is nice. It tastes just like most other pieces of chicken you might eat, but the texture of the gizzard is like eating a piece of cartilage unless it's prepared VERY carefully. That's why I don't like them except when prepared in very specific ways that fix this problem.

Britte
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2015, 5:44 am

Mushrooms
Cauliflower
Brussels Sprouts
Lobster
Sea Urchin

Tequila (absolutely wretched)
Schnapps
Sweet Drinks in general

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2015, 9:45 am

Ever noticed in Anime the foods characters always hate the most is green bell peppers and carrots? And in western animation it's usually broccoli or anything that's a vegetable.

My mom hated carrots as a kid, they would make her sick, and my dad doesn't like peas. But I like them both. In fact one of my favorite snacks as a kid was carrot sticks. I like broccoli too, but sometimes I wonder if it's just the fact they look like little trees. :)

My brother will eat just about anything that's put in front of him, even if he's not crazy about it, and when we were younger he'd tease me for not liking onions. He would put big thick slices of them in the food when he was cooking and called them "hunkyions". And I would called them "blow chunkyions". Yuck. :eew:

cathylynn
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2015, 9:36 pm

b9, you reminded me that i, too, don't like papaya. i find it sickeningly sweet.

Britte
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2015, 9:43 pm

I don't like it, either. Nor do I like Mango (unless it is dried).

Happy Holidays, by the way! : )

cathylynn
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2015, 9:46 pm

happy holidays, britte and all my WP friends, and even frenemies.

MjrMajorMajor
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2015, 10:25 pm

Happy Holidays to you, too!

I don't like mushrooms, but I tried truffle oil and it wasn't bad. I won't eat anything still moving.

Aprilviolets
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2015, 10:35 pm

Foods that I don't like are.

Brussell sprouts.
peas.
quiche
Baked Beans.
Eggplant.

Drinks.
creaming soda
Kirks ginger beer.

Britte
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2015, 1:32 am

cathylynn wrote:
happy holidays, britte and all my WP friends, and even frenemies.

: ) thank you

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2015, 1:46 am

As a kid I was pretty bad as picky eaters go but now I'll try just about anything unless it involves bananas. Apart from that I think I just have some reflexes around texture such as being unable to eat pudding. I just wretched a little even thinking of it...

-Gem Tos :mrgreen:

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2015, 3:41 am

It varies on the flavor and it's mixes, and texture all together than just one of it... :?
Some I don't dislike or like, some very few I like, some I dislike but I can bear with it, and many I dislike that I refuse to eat it.

For example, I like bread, and cheese. But I don't like cheese bread or cheese cake... That includes all kinds of pizza no matter what toppings. There's too many of these to mention.

But here's a very specific ones that I know of so far:
Marsmallows because of it's sweet-bland flavor over an overly chewy and dry-like texture. It reminds me of chewing fat meat than a candy. Not a good feeling for me even one would coat it with chocolate.

Alcoholic drinks tastes like it burns. Even one mixed it with a fruit flavor. It's overwhelming in each I tried to taste so far. Yes, I'm a beginner and I dislike it.

Most fruits overwhelm me (except oranges. ironic right? sometimes bananas), which few bites or sips would do before I stop. Yet I dislike cherries the most regardless of it's form as a fruit, as a candy, as a flavor for anything at all.

Most leafy vegetables flavor are still something I couldn't handle yet. I could eat them as a broth, but never directly or in any other cooking method. The flavor for me is too strong and the texture together want me not to swallow it. But mostly because of the texture.

I don't drink tea. Especially when mixed with milk.

Nor iced tea.

Nor rootbeer. Hell, even rootbeer tastes too strong for me.

I can only bear spicy food in certain type of flavors and textures. Best at anything crispy. But never as a sauce or anything too soft or chewy.

ANYTHING THAT DOESN'T INVOLVED EATING SOMETHING THAT FEELS RAW AND TOO BONY AT THE SAME TIME. Please do not guess which food I'm implying...

Pizza. :| Because anything else written above.