Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

androbot01
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2015, 5:11 pm

Toronto Star

Quote:
Hung jury in Freddie Gray trial of police officer charged in his death
Jurors were deadlocked on the charges for William Porter, one of six officers charged in connection to the death of Freddie Gray in April.

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2015, 6:22 pm

I'm holding my breath that we don't experience all that we did in April, with the riots and fires and such. The number of people in the street, protesting, grows and grows..... Though, I don't know what they're protesting, cuz the officer can be re-tried----it doesn't mean he's been acquitted.

HisMom
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2015, 6:48 pm

Police gun down "suspect" in hale of bullets

WARNING, the video is graphic and left me in tears.

The reason I post this is that people who do this -- no matter what the alleged provocation -- are not human at all. Even if Freddy's assailants walk free, they have to live with their crime on their conscience (and with the distrust and hatred from the community that they have chosen to "serve") for the rest of their lives. That's a pretty heavy thing to have to deal with FOREVER. As for this incident, this man was backed up against a wall, and the police did not know for sure that he was the person they were looking for.

But the police chief wants everyone to believe that he had a knife in his hands and was moving towards officers with it -- he even cites this video as "proof" of his claims. My vision is not the best, but the poor man was trying to move AWAY from officers and was shot at point blank range. I also don't see him holding anything in his hands, although I can hear a voice screaming, "Just drop it". In any event, he was ONE man, and there was no justification to fire so many bullets at him.

His mother -- like any mother whose child was brutalized and murdered -- seeks justice. I hope and pray that she finds it.

At least I'm sure it may be so in "Denmark".

-- Hamlet, 1.5.113-116

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2015, 7:57 pm

Baltimore police shot a man in the leg tonight who is expected to survive. Appearently unrelated but timing sucks.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman