Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

zeldapsychology
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2015, 2:13 pm

I knew about Half Blood Prince and Deathly Hallows and who died in those weeks before reading the books.

Doctor Who an episode leaked on DVD earlier than was on t.v. again read OMG! a character returns as a spirit IMO fine can't wait to see the context of what LEADS to this spirit

just as with Potter HOW/WHO kills *insert character???*

Yet the internet world is freaking out OMG! Force Awakens spoilers! This weekend. Some or all of the original cast could die for all I care or one of them or some newbie character that we like by movies end that we get attached too or some awesome lightsaber battle between X and Y character! OMG!

Yet I'm excited to see what LEADS UP to *insert death or lightsaber duel*

Can anyone relate? I'll be HAPPY to read spoilers this weekend. Excited to see that part of the story play out on the big screen as I'm watching the movie knowing anticipating X dies IMO it'll be just as amazing as NOT KNOWING! :-)

For me anyways.

KyleTheGhost
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2015, 2:25 pm

Oh, yes. I eat spoilers for breakfast. I still get to find out how it is all presented and that is enough of a surprise for me.

Jory
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2015, 2:29 pm

Reminds me of something a stand-up comedian said. "Someone said to me, Jesus died for your sins. I said, Dude! He dies? I was reading that book!"

Funny how people watch biopics like Steve Jobs and other films based on true stories and never have a problem with knowing what's going to happen. Same with movies they've seen a million times before. But with new stories, they want everything to be a surprise?

Then again, movie fans never seem to know what they want. They complain incessantly about the lack of originality in Hollywood, but when an original movie comes along, nobody sees it. All they really want is Star Wars 7, Captain America 3, etc.

People like being outraged on the internet, or at least narcissisticly pretending to be outraged, and complaining about spoilers is a quick, easy, and lazy way for people to get their outrage fix.

Aspiegaming
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2015, 5:04 pm

Spoilers are always nice for something that I may take a lot of time before I get around to seeing it or I may never get to it at all due to low availability.

If my darkness or eccentricness offends you, I don't really care.

I will not apologize for being me.

Quill
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2015, 5:14 pm

Sometimes I like spoilers and sometimes I don't. If I'm worried that my favorite character is going to die or something, I would rather read spoilers first so it's not such a big shock when it happens, or so I can feel relieved that they're not going to die and can relax and enjoy watching without worrying. I'd rather be prepared. However, I usually don't want to know the whole story ahead of time, because then it's not as enjoyable.

Earthling
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2015, 5:58 pm

Only if I'm 100% certain that I won't actually watch/read the title am I interested in spoilers.
But it's not that black and white, a preview can be okay as long as it doesn't reveal the key elements of the story too early.

Butterfly88
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2015, 3:06 pm

I don't like spoilers. I saw one the other day by mistake for a show I was going to watch. It would have been more enjoyable if I didn't see the spoiler.

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2015, 6:27 pm

Spoilers don't bother me because no.1, just like the OP said, I still get to see HOW "whatever" happens; and no.2, I'll, most likely, forget what the spoiler said, before I see it; so, I always read spoilers. I'm like a kid, that way----whatever I'm told NOT to do, is the exact thing I WANT to do! LOL

Another example is: When I "watch" TV, I'm often really just listening----because I like to play chess, or do something else, at-the-same-time----but, when they say something like, "Warning, this may be disturbing to some viewers and you may not want to see this", I IMMEDIATELY quit whatever else I'm doing, and I'm all eyes and ears!! It might be my ego, or something----like: "Oh, I ain't scared of nothin'! !"; so, I have to watch it, to PROVE it!! LOL

Rockymtchris
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

18 Dec 2015, 6:35 pm

Yes. I usually prefer knowing the WHOLE story pryor to imbibing myself into the little details of it.

littlecatinthewindow
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2016, 7:38 am

It depends. If it's something that's been out for a while, then I don't really mind. However, if it's something new, then I will try to avoid spoilers as much as I can.

However, even if something is spoiled for me, if it's a show or film, I prefer not to see any images from it, so at least I don't know what it looks like. Otherwise that will ruin it for me even more.

Simmian7
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2016, 1:45 pm

to me... spoilers only make me wanna see it. reading about it and then seeing it in motion, are two totally different things for me. example... i read the spoilers about The Sixth Sense...and I still went to see the movie, and it was the first DVD I bought for my own personal collection (seperate from the family collection)...and I watch it often still. Spoilers didn't ruin the movie for me.

and spoilers for Subscription boxes like Loot Crate...let's me know if I should get or pass on it. so I don't waste my money.

as for the Star Wars spoilers. I just stayed away from anything about it until I saw the movie. the "spoilers war" for it was starting to feel just a bit to "violent" and people were actually getting mad so I just stayed neutral. LOL

It's like someone's calling out to me. Writing it all down...it's like I'm calling back to them.
(quote from August Rush; but used as a reference to my writing)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
My ASD AQ score is 42
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
#DemandCartoonDiversity