Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

smenon3
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

17 Dec 2015, 2:21 pm

Hello all,

Would it be possible to build a Windows 10 Pro-based gaming tablet from laptop parts and a custom 3D printed shell/body/case?

I am thinking about attempting such an endeavor, since from my observations it is theoretically possible.

radiooperator
Butterfly
Butterfly

17 Dec 2015, 3:50 pm

Hi,

Ave you considered using raspberry pi or arduino for your tablet based games system? You may find the parts cheaper and it could be more lightweight.

Kind Regards
Radiooperator

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2015, 4:15 pm

Pretty certain it would be possible, but I have no idea how to go about it. It could certainly prove to be interesting though.

Edenthiel
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2015, 10:54 pm

smenon3 wrote:
Hello all,

Would it be possible to build a Windows 10 Pro-based gaming tablet from laptop parts and a custom 3D printed shell/body/case?

I am thinking about attempting such an endeavor, since from my observations it is theoretically possible.

Yes. Most laptops will boot & run without the keyboard if the BIOS option exists, so all you would need to start from is a Win10 laptop of good enough specs for gaming that has a touchscreen, a 3d printer and a case plan. Pretty much a convertible tablet/laptop minus the screen back & main case top + keyboard. Just pay close attention to how the particular model's cooling is designed, some run close to the edge of the thermal envelope in stock form.