Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Kyle Katarn
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2015, 4:51 pm

Similar to the NT/AS open hotline in the general section, this is to facilitate direct communication between straight and LGBT people.

dcj123
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2015, 6:19 am

Hey I am a straight mostly asexual male, you guys can ask me anything and I'll try to answer.

Facts about me

1. I used to consider myself asexual when I was virgin.

2. When I loss my virginity I loss interest in labels but I still consider myself mostly asexual.

3. I sometimes considered myself bisexual during the time period I was trying to figure out my orientation, but ultimately chose asexuality cause I have little interest in either gender. However, I would not be opposed to sleeping with another male if it was someone I cared deeply about.

4. I don't have any problem with homosexuality as an idea but I have had many homosexuals in person treat me like I am just someone to come on to and not respect my boundaries. Still I don't have any hatred towards any sexual orientation but felt its worth mentioning.

5. I don't really subscribe to labels, I personally feel like sexual orientation isn't something written in stone for anyone but I suppose thats not a popular theory so I'll shut up about it.

Thats all I can think of, hopefully I didn't offend anyone. Its not my intention, just my view on the topic.

Kyle Katarn
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2015, 11:17 am

You're asexual but you lost your virginity? :?

dcj123
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2015, 6:24 pm

Kyle Katarn wrote:

Well AVEN states that some people who are asexual have had sexual encounters and that asexuality merely means you don't have an interest in the act. However, as I said I don't really buy into labels, if you go by what I have done and not what I feel than I am bisexual. Plus circumstances, I wasn't raped per say as an adult but my sexual encounters were not really my idea. It just kinda happened and it is what it is. If I had it my way I would never be sexual but things didn't really turn out that way.

Roach
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

05 Jan 2016, 6:31 pm

Kyle Katarn wrote:

Many asexuals can be sexual for a variety of reasons. Some asexuals are sex repulsed and are actively opposed to themselves being sexual, and some asexuals just aren't interested in sex and might do it if their partner wants them to or if they are just really bored. That's probably a bad explanation but I wanted to say something. I'm not sure if I myself an asexual or not, but I have done lots of research over several sexual orientations.

Evam
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

27 Jan 2016, 12:59 am

Roach wrote:

I'm not sure if I myself an asexual or not, but I have done lots of research over several sexual orientations.

1. Do you have a theory about the link between asexuality and AS?

2. What is your guess: what percentage of people who are asexual are on the spectrum?

3. Any other interesting idea on the links between other minority sexual orientations and AS?

Evam
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

27 Jan 2016, 1:09 am

dcj123 wrote:
Hey I am a straight mostly asexual male, you guys can ask me anything and I'll try to answer.

I would be also interested in your opinion on my questions above.

Plus:
You probably dont think there is a gender difference for asexuality, do you?
Do you feel comfortable with your body? the way you move (including mimics and gestures)?
Do you have any anxieties that might play a role in your asexuality?

Kuraudo777
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2016, 10:59 am

I'm an asexual lesbian.

A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? That's why sometimes it can be mistaken and a different thing. But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel.” Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII