ADHD social issues vs. ASD social issues

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

DevilKisses
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2015, 6:53 pm

What's the difference between social issues caused by ADHD and social issues caused by autism? I've heard that people with ADHD and no autism can still have social issues. How do they differ from autistic people?

QuiversWhiskers
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2015, 11:51 pm

This guy explains ADHD very well. I have been told twice now by two different professionals that I have ADHD and I can really relate to this guy. It's like he is describing me.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_kt_hn5jRQ0

I know you were really into Jewish stuff for a while and this guy happens to be Jewish as well. I don't know if you were trying to stop your interest in Judaism. I remember posts to the effect that you were embarrassed or worried it was weird. I am saying this in case you want to avoid the "trigger" and restart your fascination. I don't mean fascination in a bad way. I don't know how else to describe it.

Defies categorization. A mixed bag.

DevilKisses
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2015, 4:01 am

QuiversWhiskers wrote:
This guy explains ADHD very well. I have been told twice now by two different professionals that I have ADHD and I can really relate to this guy. It's like he is describing me.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_kt_hn5jRQ0

I know you were really into Jewish stuff for a while and this guy happens to be Jewish as well. I don't know if you were trying to stop your interest in Judaism. I remember posts to the effect that you were embarrassed or worried it was weird. I am saying this in case you want to avoid the "trigger" and restart your fascination. I don't mean fascination in a bad way. I don't know how else to describe it.

I'll watch the video. Does he have autism as well or just ADHD? I'm just wondering what the social issues are for non-autistic ADHDers.
It's already been restarted a bit. Luckily it seems to be in control. I'm not too worried about converting to Judaism or acting weird around Jewish people anymore. Those were my main worries. I don't want my obsession to be visible. I don't care if I just think about Jewish people more than average. No one can tell.

DevilKisses
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2015, 4:20 am

I just watched the video. He reminds me a lot of my ex-boyfriend. He was also Jewish and had ADHD. It also explains some of my mom's issues. I'm definitely hyper, but I don't have amazing focus like him. I'm scattered and unfocused most of the time.