Americans have somewhat worse teeth then the British

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2015, 11:38 am

http://www.techtimes.com/articles/117207/20151217/american-teeth-not-better-than-british-teeth-study.htm

The study involved adults over 25 who go to the dentist. I wonder how the very different health care systems and other factors affect how many people in each country go to the dentist. I would assume those that do not go to the dentist have worse teeth

I am guilty guilty guilty of dental neglect.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2015, 11:55 am

My teeth aren't all that wonderful enamal or whatever is worn in the center of them because I had braces considering that is the spot they were they where.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2015, 7:53 pm

In Canada we makes less of a big deal over having a perfect smile, but I've been told I have good teeth. One time the dentist even asked me if I had bleached them, which I hadn't. :D

I used to brush daily with one of those whitening toothpastes because I was worried about getting tea stains on my teeth, but the stuff made my entire mouth raw. Eating anything spicy, sour or salty was very painful, my taste buds would swell up, and my dentist told me it was from the toothpaste.

I find this interesting since Americans stereotype people with bad teeth as being uneducated or living in poverty, and every other ad I see on American networks is for toothpaste whitening teeth, which they seem to think is more important than not having cavities. But I have to be honest. I don't think people with really bad teeth are poor or uneducated, but I do find them hard to look at. On the other hand, an unnaturally white smile is just creepy.