Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Kyle Katarn
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2015, 1:53 pm

The thread "We love Feyokien" in Off The Wall. I don't care too much, but I'm curious as to why it got locked.

DeepHour
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2015, 2:11 pm

It's not immediately obvious to me why it was locked.

But you do seem to produce an awful lot of these sort of threads (as did a member going by another name, before he disappeared a few weeks ago). Have you ever considered that some of the people concerned might feel uncomfortable seeing their name suddenly appear in the title of a thread like this?

Kyle Katarn
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2015, 2:12 pm

So I guess Feyokien was uncomfortable with it and asked to have it locked.
I noticed the trend of the "We love x" threads in Off The Wall and decided to start a few about the members I like, but now that I realized it causes discomfort to them, I won't make any more.

DeepHour
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2015, 2:18 pm

No evidence for that at all. I was simply expressing my own sense of unease about these types of threads. Some people in the Off The Wall community (maybe most of them) clearly enjoy this sort of stuff and use the threads for general chat, but you can't just assume everyone would take that approach.

Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2015, 3:26 pm

The following activities are unacceptable on WrongPlanet:

[...]

3. Other inappropriate content and behavior prohibited on Wrong Planet:
This includes copyrighted material, serial codes, and posts made to promote a website, group or product, particularly if made repeatedly and without other participation in the WP community (spamming). This also includes discussion of locked topics, discussion of banned members and why they were banned and anything else that purposely causes conflict with other members.

viewtopic.php?t=12459

love you and miss you, dear boy

Stop the wolf kills! https://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeact ... 3091429765