Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Kyle Katarn
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2015, 1:57 pm

In another part of the board I said that it sucks to be an aspie and someone took offense at it. Seriously?

neilson_wheels
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2015, 2:08 pm

I'm offended that you have posted this in PPR.

ClaraFTW
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

22 Dec 2015, 7:10 pm

We're all offended by different things. I'm offended by my friend's constant "Now go make me a sandwich" comments, but I'm not offended by someone questioning my personal beliefs or my sister joking that I feel like a failure for being older than someone more successful than me. It all feels kind of random which things are offensive to which people.

the26thangel
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

22 Dec 2015, 11:34 pm

Why do we clean our homes regularly or brush our hair....because handling a situation a little at a time keeps it from getting out of hand. We get things under control before they get out of control....and most of the people who offend others do not realize they are offending and need the education. If you were fat, fat jokes would offend bcuz you would know how hard it is to lose weight. Ugly jokes offend the ugly bcuz of the hard times they have had and they can't just "become" pretty bcuz they wish it. Likewise, aspies have hard times (extensively) and do not need to relive pain while another person jokes about it haphazardly. Again, we catch things as we go, in order to try and improve society and keep the ignorant and bullies from running rampant and making messes of a lot of stuff. I wish we could keep more of them thinking instead of speaking recklessly.

o0iella
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

28 Dec 2015, 4:08 pm

It's a sign of our tired and reactionary culture