Page 3 of 3 [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Nebogipfel
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2015, 1:25 am

AJisHere wrote:
Given how Lucas did with his last three attempts I'd call this an upgrade and won't look a gift horse in the mouth.

They are flawed, yes. But, I think that audiences sometimes perceive things that are odd as randomness or as mistakes, when actually they are subtly communicating something important.

In the future these films will be more respected, I think.

Last edited by Nebogipfel on 31 Dec 2015, 2:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

AJisHere
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2015, 1:46 am

Nebogipfel wrote:
I don't know, the prequels have definitely grown on me. They are flawed, yes. But, I think that audiences sometimes perceive things that are odd as randomness or as mistakes, when actually they are subtly communicating something important.

Possible, and it's really down to personal preference. I just don't think Lucas actually knows how to do Star Wars without the input of the people he had for the original trilogy. It was time for him to hand the thing off, and I think it's a good thing that he did so.

progaspie
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2015, 5:40 pm

AJisHere wrote:
Nebogipfel wrote:
I don't know, the prequels have definitely grown on me. They are flawed, yes. But, I think that audiences sometimes perceive things that are odd as randomness or as mistakes, when actually they are subtly communicating something important.

Possible, and it's really down to personal preference. I just don't think Lucas actually knows how to do Star Wars without the input of the people he had for the original trilogy. It was time for him to hand the thing off, and I think it's a good thing that he did so.

Strange comment about the creative force behind the Star Wars movies, without whom there wouldn't be Star Wars. J.J. Abrams isn't even an artist.

AJisHere
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2015, 11:03 pm

progaspie wrote:
Strange comment about the creative force behind the Star Wars movies, without whom there wouldn't be Star Wars. J.J. Abrams isn't even an artist.

Of course there would be no Star Wars without Lucas. But there would be no Star Wars series without the many people who helped him on the original trilogy. It would have been one bad movie, and then nobody would have taken him seriously anymore. But there were people going over it all, helping Lucas bring the good ideas to life and leave the bad ones behind.

By the time the prequels rolled around, a lot of these people had long since moved on.

Also going to point out that Lucas only directed one film in the original trilogy.

littlecatinthewindow
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2016, 7:18 am

I'm not a huge fan of Star Wars, but I do enjoy the films, and yes, I went to see the new one. In fact, in the days before that, my Mum and I watched the original trilogy. You only need to see the prequels once, if that. They can be quite boring after a while.

So yes, I saw the new film, and it was good. I liked how in the other 6 films, they sometimes used wipes to transition between scenes, and they still used them in this one. We saw the film in 3D. Ironically, this was because 2D filled up too fast X) I can't wait for the next film, this one left so many unanswered questions. But I don't think it will be out until 2017 =(

AJisHere
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2016, 8:55 pm

littlecatinthewindow wrote:
We saw the film in 3D. Ironically, this was because 2D filled up too fast X) I can't wait for the next film, this one left so many unanswered questions. But I don't think it will be out until 2017 =(

I actually had trouble finding a theater with enough showings in 2D for me to actually go. I don't feel like spending more money on tickets for a film that doesn't seem like it really needs to be in 3D. Kind of annoying, really.