Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2015, 8:26 pm

I wanted to clean today, my cat made a big mess with my toilet paper. I was getting ready to clean then I was hyperventilating & couldn't stop. I never hyperventilate with cleaning before my 40s. I was afraid if I clean, I would make it worse. Why am I hyperventilating when I want to clean?

Noca
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2015, 9:08 pm

Maybe you are getting overwhelmed by the size of the job? Maybe split the job of cleaning up into smaller jobs, like just focus on one room at a time rather than your entire living space. Each room you clean, you can acknowledge your hardwork, which should motivate you to keep going or take a break after each room.

edit: fixed typos

Last edited by Noca on 18 Dec 2015, 10:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2015, 10:10 pm

Noca wrote:
Maybe you are getting overwhelmed by the size of the job? Make split the job of cleaning up into smaller jobs, like just focus on one room at a time rather than your entire living space. Each room you clean, you can acknowledge your hardwork, which should motivate you to keep going or take a break after each room.

I'm actually doing this now. After taking that accelerated class where all I did was study and go to work for 2 months, nothing got cleaned. The job of cleaning was so overwhelming that I'm taking one room at a time - bathrooms are first, then I cleaned out the closet and donated a lot of clothes to Goodwill and now it's The Waldo Room. What I did do was I ordered a bunch of Swiffer cleaning supplies from Drugstore. com along with clorox bleach wipes and shower and toilet cleaners (things I use the most) that will be delivered monthly with free delivery so I never run out - I hate always having to make trips to the store for cleaning supplies.

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 83 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 153 of 200 You are very likely neurotypical
Darn, I flunked.