How can I exercise for attractiveness?

Page 2 of 2 [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Kurgan
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2016, 1:37 pm

LKL wrote:
Again without the 'most women' thing without data. I'm glad that you and your girlfriend find each other mutually attractive, but nothing you've described has ever been attractive to me, even when I was young and hot. And I don't think I'm unusual in that respect.

It's great to be healthy, but guys, don't despair or drug yourselves if you are unable to look like VinDiesel. There are plenty of women out here who find a more normal physique more attractive. The trick is to find someone with mutual attraction.

Even if most women don't find the muscular look attractive, there are far more women who do than there are men who are muscular. Furthermore, women who like physically fit men (as opposed to women who consider partying more important than everything else) are less likely to care about social skills. So by bulking up, there will never be a shortage of women.

skramle
Butterfly
Butterfly

03 Jan 2016, 4:19 pm

Alot of arguing about what makes women attracted to men, and im gonna jump firmly in the "that is like asking what the best kind of music is" - camp.
But if you wish to be attractive to as many people as possible, i would guess that's the athletic body type, personified in professional swimmer.
To obtain a body like that the most important criteria is going to be dropping your body fat %. It doesn't matter how many push ups or free weight exercises you do if your fat % is too high you will not have any noticeable muscle definition at all. (Ím not saying you cannot be strong and "fat" at the same time, strong men will outperform body builders any day, but they dont fall in the "hotness" category.)

Cardio is your friend, especially the HIIT type (High intensity interval training) which will boost your metabolism for hours after exercising, due to whats called the afterburn effect.
Dont overlook strength training, as building muscle mass consumes fatcells, and each pound of muscle you gain will noticeably increase the amount of energy you burn everyday (your BMR (Basal metabolic rate)).

It takes time though, and in the end it may not make a jack of difference, because here is the real down low:
"Confidence is the ****ing key to everything and confidence is the key to ****ing everything".
What you see when you look in the mirror makes alot more difference than what everyone else sees when they look at you.

Kurgan
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2016, 4:44 am

Keep in mind that abs on a skinny guy are like tits on a fat chick: they don't count. Therefore, be sure to gain some lean mass. To have visible abs, most guys need 8% body fat or less.

skramle
Butterfly
Butterfly

04 Jan 2016, 3:23 pm

Kurgan wrote:
Keep in mind that abs on a skinny guy are like tits on a fat chick: they don't count. Therefore, be sure to gain some lean mass. To have visible abs, most guys need 8% body fat or less.

While i agree that lean mass should not be overlooked, one should keep in mind that the actual abdominal muscles are tiny compared to the mass in other areas of your body (biceps for example), which also leads to the rule of thumb:
"Abs are made in the kitchen, not the gym" since it really is all about body fat %, and its not hard to gain the lean mass required to "display the washboard" once the fat percentage dips (i would say most can expect them to show up at around 11% or so though?)

Kurgan
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2016, 6:12 pm

skramle wrote:
Kurgan wrote:

While i agree that lean mass should not be overlooked, one should keep in mind that the actual abdominal muscles are tiny compared to the mass in other areas of your body (biceps for example), which also leads to the rule of thumb:
"Abs are made in the kitchen, not the gym" since it really is all about body fat %, and its not hard to gain the lean mass required to "display the washboard" once the fat percentage dips (i would say most can expect them to show up at around 11% or so though?)

Depends on genetics. The middle section will typically be visible at 12%, and I've seen people with chiseled six-pack abs visible cold (not flexing) at anywhere between 11 and 6% (8% being the most widely reported), depending on where the fat is distributed (note: some may only have a four-pack, regardless of fat levels).

structrix
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2016, 2:14 pm

nurseangela wrote:
LKL wrote:
Do you have any data on that being what 'most' women want? It seems more like what 'most' men like to see in other men, to me - not as a sexual thing, just as what men think 'manly men' should be.

I've never met a single woman who thinks that the guys (or the women) on muscle magazines are attractive, or even close to attractive; I've met more than a few who think they're repellant.

Shaun T. and Vin Diesel. Va va va vooooom!! :mrgreen:

I think some sort of muscle is good than just flabby or skinny and flabby on a man.

I am an Aspie!
Diagnosed as an adult

LKL
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2016, 7:05 pm

Of course some muscle is good, but there is such a thing as too much of a good thing.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/postever ... n-love-it/
https://www.theodysseyonline.com/dad-bod
http://www.nydailynews.com/life-style/w ... -1.2214449

Those articles fit pretty well with why I like this 'look.' Of course, if we start seeing guys obsessing over maintaining a 'perfect dad bod,' it will completely lose its attraction.

izzeme
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2016, 3:22 am

OP, you should start by finding out which body is desired by the type of women you are interested in, and then re-ask your question based on that specific body type.

In the meantime, at least get fit, almost noone is physically attracted to the 'couchpotato' build; do some cardio to make sure that you do not have a beer belly and light powertraining to get a slightly visible muscle definition (not so much that you can see it trough a dress shirt, but enough that you can see it while wearing swimming trunks without having to flex).

At that point, you have achieved a certain "base level" which will (slightly) increase attraction in all broad 'types' of women.
From there, you can start training into a specific body type, or keep the same base training on a medium level to stay in the base level (which is what i am doing at the moment)

green0star
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2016, 9:05 am

Such shallow beliefs are only going to lead to significant failure in the area of maintaining an exercising regiment ...