How do you feel when you unexpectedly see your obsession?

Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 

ZombieBrideXD
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2015, 11:09 pm

I was watching a review of Jingle All The Way and in the background i saw Sonic The Hedgehog and i FREAKED OUT. i still feel jittery! I always loose it when i see Sonic when i don't expect it, and my family finds it hilarious. Sometimes i even flap my hands and jump up and down. When i saw sonic in the trailer for Wreck it Ralph i almost cried.

And dont get me started when i overhear people talking about sonic.

A lot of my excitement causes me to laugh, scream, jump up and down, yell "I SEE SONIC", flap my hands and sometimes even cry.

How do you react when you see your Special Interest in unexpected places?

DA: http://mephilesdark123.deviantart.com

zkydz
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2015, 1:32 am

ZombieBrideXD wrote:
I was watching a review of Jingle All The Way and in the background i saw Sonic The Hedgehog and i FREAKED OUT. i still feel jittery! I always loose it when i see Sonic when i don't expect it, and my family finds it hilarious. Sometimes i even flap my hands and jump up and down. When i saw sonic in the trailer for Wreck it Ralph i almost cried.

And dont get me started when i overhear people talking about sonic.

A lot of my excitement causes me to laugh, scream, jump up and down, yell "I SEE SONIC", flap my hands and sometimes even cry.

How do you react when you see your Special Interest in unexpected places?

Sooooo..don't hold back...do you like Sonic or what? >sarcasm and a good chuckle, because I'm a Batman freak<

RAADS-R -- 213.3
FQ -- 18.7
EQ -- 13
Aspie Quiz -- 186 out of 200
AQ: 42
AQ-10: 8.8

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2015, 1:47 am

Oh only exactly the same way you do. Not sure I've ever mentioned this but I got started on my neighbor's Sega Genesis around the age of three. Same time I began learning computers & ...you know the rest.

-Gem Tos :mrgreen:

TheSilentOne
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2015, 9:23 pm

I get really, really excited and sometimes will start making noises or flapping my hands. I try to calm myself down, but it is hard when seeing Doctor Who stuff makes me so happy :D

LtlPinkCoupe
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2015, 11:36 am

It's thrilling! :) When I see something related to my special interests, I tend to make small happy noises like "yee!" or "yaaas!" wriggle all over and bounce up and down a little bit. When Finding Nemo came out in 2003 (one of the longest-enduring, most intense special interests I've ever had) I did this all the time. Nemo stuff was everywhere - the supermarket, McDonalds, bookstores, Target, etc. Since I was only 11 back then, I was probably a little more "overt" in expressing my joy over all things Nemo than I am now re: my current interests.

"IT'S NOT FAIR!" "Life isn't fair, Calvin." "I know, but why isn't it ever unfair in MY favor?" ~ from Calvin and Hobbes

skibum
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2015, 1:13 pm

That is so cute ZombieBride. I can picture you getting all excited. That is awesome. I don't get excited like that. I think it is because I am super protective of my special interests, skiing especially. It is very sacred for me so I tend to be very internal and almost very zen about it. But if you get me talking about it I can go on for hours and hours. :D But I think it's very sweet that you get so outwardly excited. I love hedgehogs too by the way. I think they are adorable.

Wreck It Ralph

Lillikoi
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2015, 2:31 pm

I would most definitely freak out if i encountered one of my special interests. Unfortunately a lot of the things I like are pretty obscure so that doesn't happen too often. :?
But like when I found out there was a new Pokemon Mystery Dungeon coming out this year,
I totally flipped out.

I could not stop grinning for like two minutes.

A lot of times I do this when looking at my phone/laptop, and my family will look at me like there's something wrong with me. :lol:

I know a lot of NTs "fanboy" and "fangirl" over things that they like, but I think it may be more intense for "us" because our interests are more intense. :D

Muziek
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

22 Dec 2015, 6:29 pm

Haha, just like Lillikoi, I too get a big smile on my face when I hear my current obsession -- 80s pop/dance music. I start playing an imaginary bass guitar and make swing like movements. :mrgreen: I don't sing along because I will get in trouble if doing so. :mrgreen:

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

25 Dec 2015, 10:50 pm

When I had special interests I wouldn't make a big deal out of noticing them unexpectedly. I never been an excitable person.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Alexanderplatz
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2015, 12:54 am

At almost 60, I still get a gleeful zing about stumbling on my special interest - it's just like a kid feels about seeing a fire truck or something.

Quill
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2015, 1:07 am

skibum wrote:
That is so cute ZombieBride. I can picture you getting all excited. That is awesome. I don't get excited like that. I think it is because I am super protective of my special interests, skiing especially. It is very sacred for me so I tend to be very internal and almost very zen about it. But if you get me talking about it I can go on for hours and hours. :D But I think it's very sweet that you get so outwardly excited. I love hedgehogs too by the way. I think they are adorable.

I'm kind of the same, although for different reasons. I keep my special interest to myself, and usually only express a surface-level interest in it to other people if they mention it. I do talk it about it elsewhere online, but I would feel really weird letting anyone I know in real life find out just how obsessed I am with it. It feels too personal to me. Also, as a kid my dad made me feel like I wasn't allowed to like anything "too much" so I have always tended to keep my special interests to myself if I can help it. However, I do get really excited internally when I see my current special interest somewhere! Makes me smile! :D

StarTrekker
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2015, 1:02 pm

I get super excited seeing my special interests in unexpected places. If I see dinosaur toys or posters in shops, I hum excitedly and flap, bouncing on my toes, and I can't stop smiling. Same goes for Star Trek, only more so, because it's less common to see starships, Borg and Vulcans arbitrarily in shops and around town. The weeks before and after the releases of the JJ Abrams Star Trek films were some of the happiest of my life, and I still get super excited when I see new stuff for The Good Dinosaur being sold. When I saw the teaser trailer for that film back in June, I freaked out, and went to see it the day it came out. I'm already counting down the days before it comes out on DVD!

Thanks to Olympiadis for my fantastic avatar!