I wish we could have a card like minorities do..

Page 3 of 3 [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2016, 9:06 am

We don't need any sort of "card."

I don't like to feel victimized. I like to try to prevent it at all costs.

I could bemoan the fact that millions of "my people" died in the Holocaust, and have been discriminated against in many places for quite a long time. It's a fact...and we should never lose sight of the fact that it happened.

Just like the fact that millions of slaves were imported into the Americas over three centuries.

Just like European diseases caused the deaths of about 3/4's of the Native American population who came in contact with Europeans.

Just like the fact that millions of Rwandans (and Burundians) were hacked to death in 1994 because they were either Tutsi or Hutu.

However, all that is history. Move on. Make your way in the world as a person, rather than as a member of a "minority" group.

Constantly feeling victimized causes a decrease in the quality and quantity of life.

If one goes into a refugee camp, one finds very few people who feel "victimized." Instead, all these people are trying to find a way out.

KagamineLen
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2016, 9:39 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
We don't need any sort of "card."

I don't like to feel victimized. I like to try to prevent it at all costs.

I could bemoan the fact that millions of "my people" died in the Holocaust, and have been discriminated against in many places for quite a long time. It's a fact...and we should never lose sight of the fact that it happened.

Just like the fact that millions of slaves were imported into the Americas over three centuries.

Just like European diseases caused the deaths of about 3/4's of the Native American population who came in contact with Europeans.

Just like the fact that millions of Rwandans (and Burundians) were hacked to death in 1994 because they were either Tutsi or Hutu.

However, all that is history. Move on. Make your way in the world as a person, rather than as a member of a "minority" group.

Constantly feeling victimized causes a decrease in the quality and quantity of life.

If one goes into a refugee camp, one finds very few people who feel "victimized." Instead, all these people are trying to find a way out.

A-fucking-men to that.