Page 4 of 4 [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

em_tsuj
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2015, 1:00 pm

Original poster, are you looking to get into the workforce? If so, Voc Rehab might be a good resource to get testing. They pay for it.

btbnnyr
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2015, 2:30 pm

CBT can work well for many people.
Some people I know benefited from CBT.
I did myself, even though I did not completely believe in it.
But it did help me think differently in several ways, and I am a more mentally healthy, zen person because of it.

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2015, 5:16 pm

Angnix wrote:
I also do not have my own car, and when I tried calling for doctors in the major city out of county they wouldn't take me. Now that I remember, there is another clinic, but they don't take away patients from the other one.

Try not to focus on what they're getting from you. Ask your current clinic to send your records to the other one maybe...

-Gem Tos :mrgreen:

Angnix
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2015, 5:20 pm

em_tsuj wrote:
Original poster, are you looking to get into the workforce? If so, Voc Rehab might be a good resource to get testing. They pay for it.

Every time I go into voc. Rehab I have a setback in my mental health and they drop me. Today even, my moods were all over the place, ranging from extremely depressed in the morning to really happy later.

And the other clinic has a policy not to accept people that are already clients of the other one. Also out of county clinics have similar policy or any won't see people from out of county.

Avatar: A Shiny from the new Pokemon Pearl remake, Shiny Chatot... I named him TaterTot...

FINALLY diagnosed with ASD 2/6/2020

BeaArthur
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2015, 5:50 pm

I got some value out of DVR in that they purchased some furniture and a scooter for me, but I was already employed at the time. My daughter who is a little less high functioning started a couple of jobs through them but failed at both. For now at least, she is better off just maintaining her health on her SSI check, subsidized housing and Medicare.

I'm sorry about your mood swings, Angnix. Is that typical for you? Do you know what causes it? For some people the holidays themselves are enough of a factor to mess them up.

Angnix
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2015, 6:15 pm

BeaArthur wrote:
I got some value out of DVR in that they purchased some furniture and a scooter for me, but I was already employed at the time. My daughter who is a little less high functioning started a couple of jobs through them but failed at both. For now at least, she is better off just maintaining her health on her SSI check, subsidized housing and Medicare.

I'm sorry about your mood swings, Angnix. Is that typical for you? Do you know what causes it? For some people the holidays themselves are enough of a factor to mess them up.

Mood swings made worse when husband is sick. They gave up on changing my bipolar meds and call it all a personality disorder.

Avatar: A Shiny from the new Pokemon Pearl remake, Shiny Chatot... I named him TaterTot...

FINALLY diagnosed with ASD 2/6/2020