Veteran

31 Dec 2015, 10:04 pm

Kitty4670 wrote:
babybird wrote:
Kitty4670 wrote:
I hate my sister! :D

I hate your sister too. :D

Why?

I confess I got MEGA pissed about my dad's sibling rivalry with his sister. He tries to drag everyone else into it. He demeans her opportunistically and clearly that has a lot to do with their codependent money problems so I just snapped. Trust me there's no way you've got it that bad...

-Gem Tos :mrgreen:

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2015, 10:17 pm

cberg wrote:
Kitty4670 wrote:
babybird wrote:
Kitty4670 wrote:
I hate my sister! :D

I hate your sister too. :D

Why?

I confess I got MEGA pissed about my dad's sibling rivalry with his sister. He's tries to drag everyone else into it. He demeans her opportunistically so I just snapped. Trust me there's no way you've got it that bad...

My sister is controlling, demanding, Selfish, don't care what I want, bossy, she thinks she knows everything about me. She told me she knows everything about my Aspergers & nothing wrong with me. Oh yea, she called me evil.

Justeve
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2016, 12:10 am

Alcohol helps

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2016, 2:56 am

It's 11:55, I'm going kiss my cat at midnight.

Meistersinger
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2016, 3:19 am

I confess that I'm in debt up to my ass, again, and can't pay up. I have both credit card and medical debts, can't find work, and have a car that needs major suspension work. I don't dare ask for help, as I end up being told so sad, too bad, go f!ck yourself, and while your're at it, go kill yourself, since you're better off dead.

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2016, 3:53 am

Justeve wrote:
Alcohol helps

Yep.

InsomniaGrl
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2016, 6:16 am

Kitty4670 wrote:
It's 11:55, I'm going kiss my cat at midnight.

Aww, thats kinda cute.

InsomniaGrl
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2016, 6:23 am

Kuraudo777 wrote:
I'm halfway through my first book [or three-thirds if you count all of the bonus material]! Wahoo! Anyway, my confession is that I've been working on the same book for three years now.

You will get there, i think Mark Danielewski took 10 years to write House of Leaves!

Last edited by InsomniaGrl on 02 Jan 2016, 7:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

InsomniaGrl
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2016, 6:37 am

I confess that my antidepressants and alchohol do not mix, as puking lying naked on my cold toilet floor at 3am new years day will attest to. :roll:

Drawyer
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2016, 6:38 am

Raleigh wrote:
Justeve wrote:
Alcohol helps
Yep.
Can beer be alcohol, Raleigh? Raleigh?
Raleigh?
Raleigh?

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2016, 3:18 am

I confess I can relate to everything on this page and that confessions take work.

-Gem Tos :mrgreen:

Drawyer
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2016, 3:24 am

InsomniaGrl wrote:
I confess that my antidepressants and alchohol do not mix, as puking lying naked on my cold toilet floor at 3am new years day will attest to. :roll:
:o :lol: :lol:

zkydz
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2016, 2:19 pm

I considered becoming a monk more than once in my life. Not for the religion, but for the discipline and study. Religion was the primary reason for me deciding against. There is something so appealing to me about a quiet life of having what you need and not all the shinies that only entertain.

RAADS-R -- 213.3
FQ -- 18.7
EQ -- 13
Aspie Quiz -- 186 out of 200
AQ: 42
AQ-10: 8.8

InsomniaGrl
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2016, 4:07 pm

zkydz wrote:
I considered becoming a monk more than once in my life. Not for the religion, but for the discipline and study. Religion was the primary reason for me deciding against. There is something so appealing to me about a quiet life of having what you need and not all the shinies that only entertain.

I can relate to that, religion would also put me off.

Aristophanes
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2016, 5:04 pm

zkydz wrote:
There is something so appealing to me about a quiet life of having what you need and not all the shinies that only entertain.

Short:
I concur.

TLDR:
TBH, I don't even think they entertain people. As recently as 100 years ago people didn't go through "products" like they do today, necessities, toys and the like. People had to take care of their crap, that creates an emotional attachment to the object-- the object then has real meaning to the person. Now society is designed to just consume and throw away through "planned obsolescence". Great for the economy, not so great for the human condition. People are taught to consume more than the next: "keeping up with the Jones'" "if you don't take it someone else will", etc. The objects they acquire become temporary highs of living those ideals, but they're never fulfilling because the product itself doesn't deserve a real emotional attachment, it's temporary and people subconsciously know that. That in essence is the sickness of greed and why having "more" will never cure it.

InsomniaGrl
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2016, 5:01 pm

Aristophanes wrote:
zkydz wrote:
There is something so appealing to me about a quiet life of having what you need and not all the shinies that only entertain.

Short:
I concur.

TLDR:
TBH, I don't even think they entertain people. As recently as 100 years ago people didn't go through "products" like they do today, necessities, toys and the like. People had to take care of their crap, that creates an emotional attachment to the object-- the object then has real meaning to the person. Now society is designed to just consume and throw away through "planned obsolescence". Great for the economy, not so great for the human condition. People are taught to consume more than the next: "keeping up with the Jones'" "if you don't take it someone else will", etc. The objects they acquire become temporary highs of living those ideals, but they're never fulfilling because the product itself doesn't deserve a real emotional attachment, it's temporary and people subconsciously know that. That in essence is the sickness of greed and why having "more" will never cure it.

Yes, subconsciously knowing it, is very true, even when people make a fuss about all they got.