Being rejected when they find out your autistic

Page 4 of 4 [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2018, 2:11 am

Sabreclaw wrote:
Don't tell people you have autism. Ever. A diagnosis is based on personality traits, it's not hard science and as such it's ultimately little more than an opinion.

Exactly, and here we are talking about AS/HFA - people who don't appear abnormal among others like in case of severe/low functioning autism (they may not be the same condition, we simply all call them autism, there's no hard scientific biological proof of any type of Autism).

People here seem to forget that ASD diagnosis is ONLY a psychiatric diagnosis, NOT a medical diagnosis.

Rett Syndrome was thought to be 'Autism for girls" and was a psychiatric diagnosis in DSM; they removed it from DSM and made it into real medical books after its biological cause:

Quote:
Prior to the discovery of a genetic cause, Rett syndrome had been designated as a pervasive developmental disorder by the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM), together with the autism spectrum disorders. Some argued against this conclusive assignment because RTT resembles non-autistic disorders such as fragile X syndrome, tuberous sclerosis, or Down syndrome that also exhibit autistic features.[49] After research proved the molecular mechanism, in 2013 the DSM-5 removed the syndrome altogether from classification as a mental disorder.[50]

Don't tell anyone before AS diagnosis reaches a biological level, if ever will do.

Btw, I didn't even tell my girlfriend about it and will never do, and will never tell my future wife if I ever get married.,