Page 2 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Idealist
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

01 Jan 2016, 6:21 am

I can't actually remember what I was like as a baby, though I can vaguely remember things from when I was a toddler. :|

Idealist wrote:
My Autism was cured/treated in late childhood (this makes me a walking, talking, contradiction to 90% of the Forum who all believe Autism is incurable)

Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2016, 2:27 pm

I have no idea how I socialized with other kids when I was 2 and younger, I'm not even sure how much I was around other babies, but I have been told that I loved being picked up, held, cuddled and played with by the adults I knew (parents, maternal grandparents, a neighbor). I would cry if I was left alone in a room and would stop crying when they returned. My first year we lived a place where we had a neighbor who would come by all the time, and sometimes my mother had her be in the living room with me while she did the dishes in the kitchen so I wouldn't cry.
I sought them out too and did things to get attention, like when I was about 2 I would be playing in my room and start crying for my mother. She would come in to find in my bed (the tall kind with bars to prevent kids from falling out). It happened more than once and she wondered how I did it, so she stood watch outside the door where I didn't see her and she saw me put the huge pillows I played on on op of each other and climb up so I fell over the "fence" of the bed and then I would cry for her to get me out. She popped her head in and said "so that's how you do it!" and according to her I had laughed but didn't do so again.

love you and miss you, dear boy

Stop the wolf kills! https://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeact ... 3091429765

thewheel
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

01 Jan 2016, 3:31 pm

No I wasn't sociable as a baby/toddler. I didn't approach my mum or anyone else for attention/physical contact and would prefer for example to be left alone to fall asleep.