Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2015, 8:00 pm

I feel very young for my age & I have a hard time understanding adult TV shows, I also think I have a learning disability too, cuz I'm not a very good reader, I started reading late & always had sooo much trouble with words & understanding them, I had 4 dictionaries when I was a child (my mom own a preschool) and I had a few more things to help me learn including having a time table sheet.

My question is, should I be embarrassed if I watch shows on the Disney channel & other shows like teenage tv shows?

Nist498
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2015, 8:31 pm

To put it bluntly no, you should not be embarrassed. You like the shows you like to watch and that's not going to change. Ask yourself how many people are addicted to those stupid comedies and soap operas that are on all the time? Everyone has different tastes and yours are no less valid than anyone else's. I myself am an anime fan and that in and of itself gets a lot of ridicule because I watch "children's cartoons". Judging someone based on what they watch is ignorance plain and simple.

All magic comes with a price! - Rumplestiltskin

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2015, 8:45 pm

Nist498 wrote:
To put it bluntly no, you should not be embarrassed. You like the shows you like to watch and that's not going to change. Ask yourself how many people are addicted to those stupid comedies and soap operas that are on all the time? Everyone has different tastes and yours are no less valid than anyone else's. I myself am an anime fan and that in and of itself gets a lot of ridicule because I watch "children's cartoons". Judging someone based on what they watch is ignorance plain and simple.

Are you the one that watch Once Upon a Time?

PS I watched those soap operas.

Nist498
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2015, 10:47 pm

Kitty4670 wrote:
Nist498 wrote:

Are you the one that watch Once Upon a Time?

PS I watched those soap operas.

Yeah I'm the one who responded to the Once thread and no I wasn't referring to the soap operas as stupid. In fact I have a thing for Dark Shadows. Stupid or if you prefer low brow comedy is a particular subgenre of comedy that is common on television.

All magic comes with a price! - Rumplestiltskin