Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

TeleEccentric
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

29 Dec 2015, 4:57 am

Hi all. I figured I might as well introduce myself and say hi as I've been lurking around here for about 12 months now.

I went through the process of diagnosis earlier this year. Came up as Aspergers/Autistic. They didn't define it as they go by the current DSM and say that it is all one umbrella name now....

Anyway, had a crisis of identity since the 36 years of my life were finally explained and everything had a new meaning to it. Memories of the behaviour and reactions of other people in my life suddenly became something I felt angry about. How dare they, if I had known all that time ago, etc, etc.

There's been a lot in 2015 that has knocked me about. I won't go into it but suffice to say my anxiety is getting better now, compared to where I was earlier in the year. I used to get some anxiety symptoms before but this year is the first time I have experienced chest pains. I've cut back on tea, that helps. I still get it though during the bad times.

I have a love of all things music. I play guitar and have for many years. Have collected records and cd's for a long time in all different genres of music. I've got around 1000 cd's, records and cassettes at the moment. I'll just keep collecting.

Anyway, I feel better now introducing myself. You may even see me post around here from time to time.

Thanks to you all for a great forum too. It was a great help to read the experiences and stories of others when I was readying myself for the diagnostic process. Or even when I was thinking of going down that rabbit hole. It took some courage and I wouldn't have done it unless I could see the stories of others.

ErwinNL
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

29 Dec 2015, 5:12 am

Welcome TeleEccentric,

Asperger is "ASD Level 1" in DSM-5 but I am sure the name "Asperger" will still be used for a long time.

blessedbethyname
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

29 Dec 2015, 5:15 am

Welcome to WP!

This is a good community, and I am sure you will feel at home here.

Happy Holidays!

TeleEccentric
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

29 Dec 2015, 5:16 am

Thanks for the welcome. I'm aware that aspergers is regarded as being in a certain place on the spectrum. What I was getting at though is they weren't prepared to place me anywhere along it. I felt that was good as they weren't saying that my experiences were easier or harder than others. They were just mine.

Nist498
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2015, 3:55 pm

Welcome to WP!

All magic comes with a price! - Rumplestiltskin

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2015, 4:00 pm

Welcome aboard.

Is that a telecaster in your avatar?

Do you play one?

TeleEccentric
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

29 Dec 2015, 4:07 pm

Thanks for the welcome folks.

Yeah, that is a Telecaster. It's not mine but I do own two among various other guitars.

RoadRatt
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2015, 4:22 pm

Hey TeleEccentric welcome. :sunny: