Page 4 of 4 [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Empathy
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2016, 4:20 pm

I think that this O.P has generally made up some pretty interesting claims which neither support or defend the poorest. All this does, is create a poisonous substance which spreads and infects everyone trying to speak morally and not out of turn with events in our society, which may or may not have little to do with us.
The sort of counselling support you get from the rich and 'vulnerably apprehensive fat cats who sit on all their money;' is not shedding a tear or providing constructive help in the home or in the workplace.

The way the tide is turning, torries may probably be in their element showing off their shiny E.U printed dossiers in advance of the 23rd of June, which will be the next turnstile that completes the crazed method of proxy, or narrative that the well off can have or otherwise decreed, in lowering our own moral credentials and trying to make a class fool out of anyone who, has got decent communication skills and recognisable talents, which don't deter on the border of unparalled nonsense ideas and sceptical values and beliefs.

There is enough judgement being shone down, without the halo's of evil greed wrecking moral rights and future constitutions.

Also, do we the people want an E.U that is broken up of single formulae, or a country that can shine on and live vast within the means of renewed people spirit again?

Aspiegaming
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2016, 5:54 pm

It's just a platform republicans use to say there's no wealth inequality and disenfranchise a society that threatens to shake them from power also to sell trickle up, the rich are better than you in every way, and give them more money.

If my darkness or eccentricness offends you, I don't really care.

I will not apologize for being me.

Jo_B1_Kenobi
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

25 May 2016, 9:00 am

I think it's factually wrong to say that poor people are lazy. I think people can be poor for many reasons including:

* For some they are ill or injured or disabled and if their family is not rich enough to support them then they become poor.

* For some, they are not well educated and find it difficult to get anything but a low paid job which makes them poor. This lack of education can be down to many factors. Some people find it harder to learn; some don't have the opportunities others do; some just don't take education seriously, some have horrendous things going on in their family lives which makes engaging in school very hard indeed.

* Some people are poor because they find it harder than average to delay gratification - so they only take easy options and find it hard to work for something in the longer term.

* Some people are poor because something has happened to rob them of their wealth, e.g. a hurricane or tornado, cancer in the family with no medical cover, maybe they were robbed or had a fire.

* Some people are poor because of where they were born geographically. Some economies in the world are in melt-down - e.g. Zimbabwe

* Some are poor because they are suffering from mental illness or sub-clinical mental illness which affects their ability to work and manage in stressful situations

* It seems reasonable that in amongst all of this some people may be poor because they're lazy but I suspect that this is a minor percentage of the whole.

Also, just as there are many reasons a person could be poor there are also many reasons a person might not want to post onto a particular thread on a website. I think it's inaccurate to necessarily assume that people are not posting because they're lazy. Some of the reasons I dont' post on some threads are:

* I don't understand the point being made.
* I don't know anything relevant or helpful about the subject
* If it's a post I'm asked to agree with I may not agree with some or all of it but I don't want to create an issue so I just don't post.
* I'm not really very interested
* I just haven't read the title - I've been busy with other posts on the same board.

Hmm, that's my point of view.

Diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ICD10)

marshall
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2016, 11:00 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
What's wrong with not agreeing with something? That's the way of the world; people can't always agree with other people.

It's better to make the effort to state your case (without insulting someone, cursing, etc), than to stubbornly refuse to offer your opinion on the matter.

But for some people it's more than an abstract issue of "opinion". I can imagine it would be hard to argue with people who would have you living on the street if they had their way. Sometimes it is too personal if you are directly affected by these attitudes. This explains why many people would rather not argue with right-wing as*holes.

Dr_Manhattan
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

25 May 2016, 3:27 pm

Earthling wrote:
Maybe they are depressed and don't want to talk about the reasons why they are on welfare because it makes them more depressed.

Or they feel they shouldn't have to explain why this rat race screwed them because the questionnaire they are presented with has right and wrong answers because the test giver has an agenda and an echo chamber to pin it on.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2016, 3:42 pm

Dr_Manhattan wrote:
Earthling wrote:
Maybe they are depressed and don't want to talk about the reasons why they are on welfare because it makes them more depressed.

Or they feel they shouldn't have to explain why this rat race screwed them because the questionnaire they are presented with has right and wrong answers because the test giver has an agenda and an echo chamber to pin it on.

That's my take on it.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2016, 9:50 pm

I think it's a bunch of crap...some people on a forum don't pay enough attention to you so you conclude poor people in general are lazy, doesn't sound like very sound reasoning to me.