Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2015, 4:05 am

http://slatestarcodex.com/2014/07/07/so ... rds-words/

Quote:
We find the same unexpected pattern with racism. We all know everyone is racist, because racism just means you have unconscious biases and expectations. Everyone is a little bit racist.

People of color seem to be part of “everyone”, and they seem likely to have the same sort of in-group identification as all other humans. But they are not racist. We know this because of articles that say things like “When white people complain about reverse racism, they are complaining about losing their PRIVILEGE” and admit that “the dictionary is wrong” on this matter. Or those saying whites calling people of color racist “comes from a lack of understanding of the term, through ignorance or willful ignorance and hatred”. Or those saying that “when white people complain about experiencing reverse racism, what they’re really complaining about is losing out on or being denied their already existing privileges.” Why Are Comments About White People Not Racist, Can Black People Be Racist Toward White People? (spoiler: no), Why You Can’t Be Racist To White People, et cetera et cetera.

This stuff is pretty old hat for the SJ crowd.

looniverse
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

31 Dec 2015, 9:46 am

Simple test

Substitute the word "black" for "white"

If it sounds racist, it's racist.

For example, from the article: My people fought for years, so we wouldn't have to serve white people like you.'

Substitute: My people fought for years, so we wouldn't have to serve black people like you.'

If it's racist one way, it's racist both ways. Racism is hatred or intolerance of another race or other races. If one wishes to bring "power" into it, a teacher or school official (AND government employee) is in the position of power over a student.

What is POC?

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2015, 10:10 am

looniverse wrote:
Simple test: Substitute the word "black" for "white". If it sounds racist, it's racist.
Great idea! Here's a quote by Louis Farrakhan...

"White people are potential humans - they haven't evolved yet." - From the Philadelphia Inquirer, March 2000

Is it racist? Let's see ...

"Black people are potential humans - they haven't evolved yet." -- Testing for racist intent.

Yes, it's definitely a racist claim.
looniverse wrote:
If it's racist one way, it's racist both ways. Racism is hatred or intolerance of another race or other races. If one wishes to bring "power" into it, a teacher or school official (AND government employee) is in the position of power over a student.
You don't have to be white to be racist. Racism is the belief or doctrine that inherent differences among the various human racial groups determine cultural or individual achievement, involving the idea that one's own racial group is superior and that other racial groups are inferior.

looniverse wrote:
What is POC?
It means "People Of Color", and that the OP is making the false claim that people of color can not be racist.

a. Louis Farrakhan is a person of color.
b. Louis Farrakhan is racist.
: : A person of color can be racist.

QED

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

31 Dec 2015, 11:59 am

SJW's define racism as some sort of 'original sin' of white males, it doesn't matter what you do in your life or how not racist really you are in your everyday life since all that matters to them is their gospel and if you REPENT! They will not argue with you, they will not have a dialogue with you, these people are not that smart so they will throw ad homenins at you and accuse everyone that doesn't bow to their opinions as hateful bigots. I can think of a couple posters on this forum like this, they know who they are, they do not bother me so much since I am much smarter than them and would argue with them longer than they can keep their composure before they completely snap and get themselves banned. The mods here are pretty good at being fair at least so far, the SJWs would like to change that and ban everyone they disagree with.

Wolfram87
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2015, 12:38 pm

The "prejudice + power" thing is a definition of racism that exists in some narrow applications within sociology, and is wildly inapplicable in the broader sense. Presenting it as the be-all-end-all of the concept is either intellectual dishonesty or willfull ignorance.

Fnord wrote:
You don't have to be white to be racist. Racism is the belief or doctrine that inherent differences among the various human racial groups determine cultural or individual achievement, involving the idea that one's own racial group is superior and that other racial groups are inferior.

I don't know where I heard it, but the most elegant and parsimonious definition of racism I've heard is (paraphrased): "The belief that humans are divided by race."

AR1500
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

31 Dec 2015, 7:18 pm

Fnord wrote:
the OP is making the false claim that people of color can not be racist.

Erm, apparently you didn't pick up on my blatant sarcasm in the OPost.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2015, 7:29 pm

AR1500 wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Apparently, you didn't explicitly declare that you were being sarcastic. There was no other indication of intent, either; only your post, as stated, gave any indication of your thoughts.

Read my signature.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

AR1500
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

01 Jan 2016, 2:52 am

Fnord wrote:
AR1500 wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Apparently, you didn't explicitly declare that you were being sarcastic. There was no other indication of intent, either; only your post, as stated, gave any indication of your thoughts.

Read my signature.

This time I'll give you the benefit of the doubt as you are often sarcastic with everyone else but this time you're the one who didn't get it. :mrgreen:

Nevertheless,

There is a pervasive believe among the radical left that only certain groups are allowed *victim status* and are the targets of "systemic oppression" but anyone treated unfairly who doesn't belong to any groups on that list has their grievances dismissed as whining at best or "entitlement" at worst. These people are using far left politics as ploy to gain popularity and elevate themselves above mainstream society.......And I have really noticed that for the most part, it is the white academic feminists who are by far the worst. They also claim that women cannot be sexists and that "misandry isn't a real thing".

I do not dispute that Black Americans are facing some very real problems and that there IS an ugly resurgence of racism in general that has taken place within the last 6 to 8 years. But in cases like this, the actions of this teacher are unacceptable and she choose to take out the general frustrations of black people on a white kid that was basically defenseless when she clearly is not!