Is anyone else an aspie magnet?

Page 1 of 2 [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

DevilKisses
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2016, 6:47 pm

When I was in special ed/social skills groups I attracted a lot of aspie/special needs guys. That kind of made sense because I spent a lot of time with aspie guys, so it's expected I'll attract a lot of them. I'm not in those groups anymore, but I'm still an aspie magnet. I attracted one aspie guy from my music school. I also made an okcupid profile in Portland for marketing purposes. I expected messages from outgoing hipsters, but I got messages from introverted geeks instead. I didn't mention anything geeky on my profile. I don't understand why I keep attracting that type of guy. I guess I'm a real aspie/geek magnet.

Alien_Papa
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2016, 1:33 am

Unfortunately not.

A magnet has two poles. One attracts and one repels. It seems my role in life is to be the repellent pole*.

DevilKisses wrote:
I also made an okcupid profile in Portland for marketing purposes.

Interesting. What was the story with that?

* that's not an ethnic joke, but I sense sense some possibilities there...

Hopper
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2016, 1:42 pm

Lesbians. Seems to be my forte, apparently.

You know sometimes, between the dames and the horses, I don't even know why I put my hat on.

Jamieohs
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

03 Jan 2016, 1:52 pm

I don't seem to be a magnet for anything haha, not that bothered about it to be honest, would be nice to have a gf though

existentialterror
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

03 Jan 2016, 10:21 pm

Quite the opposite...I don't attract aspies or people with special needs at all. I tend to attract a much older NT who has spent some time in prison or jail.

dobyfm
Toucan
Toucan

04 Jan 2016, 6:38 am

Yes. Usually the Aspie's at my school seem to enjoy coming to me for conversation. I could be sitting next to one at my school's library and they will begin talking to me about anything.

Scaevitas
Raven
Raven

04 Jan 2016, 8:20 pm

People are generally attracted to me based on my looks, and my ability to articulate my intelligence in a way those find it enjoyable? Despite being an Aspie, I don't portray myself for one to ever guess that I am.

People like that s**t when someone is really different than the norm, yet never boast about being different. I enjoy being an individual and it has its quirks just as I do myself.

Can't help being a magnet even if I have rarely to no interest in people as friends or more, really.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

04 Jan 2016, 10:11 pm

I never really known any Aspies offline except for my 2nd & current girlfriend who I met on this forum. I never got very close to any Aspies on the other sites I used & the 1s I did know didn't get along with me very well. My current girlfriend's brother is also on the spectrum & I don't think we get along really well either. I tended to attract people with emotional issues but I have some myself & can relate & sympathize.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

dobyfm
Toucan
Toucan

05 Jan 2016, 8:21 am

Scaevitas wrote:
People are generally attracted to me based on my looks, and my ability to articulate my intelligence in a way those find it enjoyable? Despite being an Aspie, I don't portray myself for one to ever guess that I am.

People like that s**t when someone is really different than the norm, yet never boast about being different. I enjoy being an individual and it has its quirks just as I do myself.

Can't help being a magnet even if I have rarely to no interest in people as friends or more, really.

This is how I feel many times. Mostly because out of fear of being judges or made fun of. I attempt to look occupied, but people seem to come up to me for conversation.

Scaevitas
Raven
Raven

05 Jan 2016, 8:49 am

I usually display to others of disinterest by wearing headphones. People have literally approached me, saw me having them on and walked away. I couldn't help but crack a smile because it's so amusing that people do this s**t.

I prefer approaching someone online, it's a better way to show who I am as I get to see whom I want to be involved with then just randoms in real life coming to me based on my appearance.

People: You're handsome. You dress nice. You smell good.

Me: Ok? *music listening intensifies*

Sabreclaw
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2016, 3:46 pm

Scaevitas wrote:
People: You're handsome. You dress nice. You smell good.

Me: Ok? *music listening intensifies*

People actually just walk up to you and say that? I wouldn't know what to think if someone did that to me. That's not a conversation starter, just a random compliment and a shallow one at that. How is someone meant to react to that?

I think I'll start wearing headphones and sunglasses to make myself appear totally disinterested in everything. I don't want to get caught out in public with an awkward situation like that.

Sjero
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

09 Jan 2016, 10:21 pm

Perhaps I am. I seem to find myself in the presence of unique people most of the time. It really shocks me when someone turns out to be mostly conventional.

Jada
Butterfly
Butterfly

21 Jun 2016, 7:10 am

I think i know how you feel!

For some reason I too feel like I'm an aspie magnet. My father and brother have Asperger. My ex boyfriend also an Aspie.
The funny thing is that ever since we broke up a few months ago it seems like im attracting aspies. I went out once on a date with a guy who im highly suspecting he is an aspie and now i made friends with another guy who obviously is an aspie!
Maybe because ive dealt with many people with Aspergers i can tell or feel that a person infront of me might have it.
So im not sure if i'm a magnet or if I just know it very well...

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2016, 4:59 pm

People seem to be attracted to me in general, even when I'm employing my best do-not-approach strategies.
It's as scary as hell.

Ecomatt91
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2016, 5:55 pm

I have profiles on Okcupid and PoF. I seem attracted to religious girls. I am not a religious person, but what something attracted to me? I find it so odd. Same for some Asians too, albeit chubby ones, not so big I mean. More like average chubbies.

I never mentioned nor say something related to my values for them. I attracted to non like minded people where their common interests are opposite to me.

I never got any opportunity to get along with someone who have common interests and values as me like save our environment, science, astronomy, climate change actions and same political values. They all friend zoned me. Instead who are religious and conservative girls messages to me.

How I able to get someone who is on same side as me!?

frozensoul
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

25 Jun 2016, 6:08 pm

Why are you make it an issue out of this do people with aspergers disgust you