25 Jun 2016, 6:08 pm

Why are you make it an issue out of this do people with aspergers disgust you

Alliekit
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2016, 6:16 pm

frozensoul wrote:

Dude calm down. She might just not be attracted to them.

Edit: to clarify I mean the guys who approached her

Last edited by Alliekit on 25 Jun 2016, 7:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2016, 7:05 pm

There's lots of valuable stuff in the minds of Aspies.

I wouldn't mind being an "Aspie magnet."

I did know a severely autistic person fairly well when I was younger.

I knew a few kids who would probably be called "Aspie" when I was in high school. There were some girls who seemed "Aspie" whom I liked then.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2016, 5:17 pm

Alliekit wrote:
frozensoul wrote:

Dude calm down. She might just not be attracted to them.

Edit: to clarify I mean the guys who approached her

Well she sure does post a lot of threads complaining about how geeky and lame all the people she attracts are so it does come off kind of judgmental.

DevilKisses
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2016, 6:10 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
There's lots of valuable stuff in the minds of Aspies.

I wouldn't mind being an "Aspie magnet."

I did know a severely autistic person fairly well when I was younger.

I knew a few kids who would probably be called "Aspie" when I was in high school. There were some girls who seemed "Aspie" whom I liked then.

I don't think I have good chemistry with extemely nerdy or aspie types. Mainly because my nerdy tendencies got me into my depression in the first place. I want to meet people who will make me less nerdy and depressed.

Outrider
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2016, 2:18 am

To be fair, as far-fetched as it may sound, not every aspie is compatible with stereotypical nerdy/geeky types, ND or N.T.

I was surprised with myself that I just can't be interested in nerdy/geeky females and aren't compatible with them. I didn't choose to feel this way.

I was always attracted to the idea of them but once actually being acquaintances with a high number of female ones in high school I found I simply couldn't relate to or connect with any of them.

We had such different interests and the few we shared they were extremist's compared to me (and I'm a balanced person with a balanced personality so extremist's of any kind just make me uncomfortable), e.g. I'm a casual gamer, they're hardcore online gamers, I'm mildly interested in sci-fi and fantasy and superheroes, they're obsessed with it. I'm slightly left-leaning but they were often extreme left liberal SJW LGBT feminist types.

Maybe I should give more a chance in the future, but I doubt I'll gain an interest in them.

It's not that they're slightly socially awkward/quirky, or very plain and average in appearance, I 'effin love those qualities and want those qualities in every possible way, I just don't like nerdy/geeky type females and it's a coincidence they have those traits.

I'm now interested in girls who are genuine misfits/social outcasts in their own way - a weirdo, a quiet/shy type, unique, etc. not this trendy B.S.

Being a nerd today is considered popular and cool, and nerd types today aren't genuine social outcasts (as a 'true'(er) social outcast, I can tell the two apart).

OP is attracted mainly to women anyway, but I'm not sure geeky women would do her much justice either... :|

Anyway, surprisingly I haven't attracted much aspie/socially awkward types myself, quite the contrary.

Aside from 2 crazies, most of them were balanced, down-to-earth people.

I did sometimes attract the nerdy/geeky types physically, but none of them ever had a crush on me.

My ex-girlfriend was extremely quirky and goofy in a childlike, excitable way but wasn't socially awkward or struggled with social skills and was actually quite independent, strong-willed and intelligent.

It seems publicly, more often than not I get attention from the stereotypical 'hot, popular in high school, uptight' girls, specifically the black ones with their best friend or a small group.

Trust me; that's much worse than attracting the geek crowd.

As mentioned in past posts, I have a 'bro'ish appearance to me resulting in the types that were popular in high school, ,ale or female, thinking I'm one of them. I get along with them decent as aqcaintances, but once I open up and show my more intellectual and poetic side, it bores and drives people away.

DevilKisses
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2016, 2:28 am

Outrider wrote:
To be fair, as far-fetched as it may sound, not every aspie is compatible with stereotypical nerdy/geeky types, ND or N.T.

I was surprised with myself that I just can't be interested in nerdy/geeky females and aren't compatible with them. I didn't choose to feel this way.

I was always attracted to the idea of them but once actually being acquaintances with a high number of female ones in high school I found I simply couldn't relate to or connect with any of them.

We had such different interests and the few we shared they were extremist's compared to me (and I'm a balanced person with a balanced personality so extremist's of any kind just make me uncomfortable), e.g. I'm a casual gamer, they're hardcore online gamers, I'm mildly interested in sci-fi and fantasy and superheroes, they're obsessed with it. I'm slightly left-leaning but they were often extreme left liberal SJW LGBT feminist types.

Maybe I should give more a chance in the future, but I doubt I'll gain an interest in them.

It's not that they're slightly socially awkward/quirky, or very plain and average in appearance, I 'effin love those qualities and want those qualities in every possible way, I just don't like nerdy/geeky type females and it's a coincidence they have those traits.

I'm now interested in girls who are genuine misfits/social outcasts in their own way - a weirdo, a quiet/shy type, unique, etc. not this trendy B.S.

Being a nerd today is considered popular and cool, and nerd types today aren't genuine social outcasts (as a 'true'(er) social outcast, I can tell the two apart).

OP is attracted mainly to women anyway, but I'm not sure geeky women would do her much justice either... :|

Anyway, surprisingly I haven't attracted much aspie/socially awkward types myself, quite the contrary.

Aside from 2 crazies, most of them were balanced, down-to-earth people.

I did sometimes attract the nerdy/geeky types physically, but none of them ever had a crush on me.

My ex-girlfriend was extremely quirky and goofy in a childlike, excitable way but wasn't socially awkward or struggled with social skills and was actually quite independent, strong-willed and intelligent.

It seems publicly, more often than not I get attention from the stereotypical 'hot, popular in high school, uptight' girls, specifically the black ones with their best friend or a small group.

Trust me; that's much worse than attracting the geek crowd.

As mentioned in past posts, I have a 'bro'ish appearance to me resulting in the types that were popular in high school, ,ale or female, thinking I'm one of them. I get along with them decent as aqcaintances, but once I open up and show my more intellectual and poetic side, it bores and drives people away.

I don't care for attracting the bro or popular types either. When I have my natural hair color and wear generic clothing I tend to attract that type. When I try to look more punk or alternative I attract unbalanced geeky types. It seems like I always attract those extremes. When I have my more natural and generic look I also attract more normal types. I barely ever attract the alternative types I actually want.

Outrider
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2016, 2:43 am

Just make an effort to look edgy. That's all there is too it.

Wear punk boots, black fishnet stockings, black mid-length skirt, black jacket and some (band you actually like) t-shirt underneath.

Your dyed hair doesn't look edgy? Give yourself a mohawk or faux-hawk if you want one, or get the skrillex cut that's been trendy in the past few years.

I'm not sure why you'd attract bros when you look generic.

They tend to like women with the high maintenance look (VERY fashionably trendy and wear tight clothing/dresses, high heels, plenty of makeup, you know the look).

I know why I attract popular type black girls because 1. I'm black myself and see it tends to attract others of my own race 2. I must give off a bro look, as even male bro's are more likely to approach me for possible friendship than male nerdy types.

I don't know. We all go through this, to an extent - attracting types we know we'd be incompatible with.

But yeah, it's easy to feel jealous when those that are compatible naturally gravitate towards each other (this is easy to observe even in friendships).

DevilKisses
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2016, 2:53 am

Outrider wrote:

Wear punk boots, black fishnet stockings, black mid-length skirt, black jacket and some (band you actually like) t-shirt underneath.

Your dyed hair doesn't look edgy? Give yourself a mohawk or faux-hawk if you want one, or get the skrillex cut that's been trendy in the past few years.

They tend to like women with the high maintenance look (VERY fashionably trendy and wear tight clothing/dresses, high heels, plenty of makeup, you know the look).

I know why I attract popular type black girls because 1. I'm black myself and see it tends to attract others of my own race 2. I must give off a bro look, as even male bro's are more likely to approach me for possible friendship than male nerdy types.

I don't know. We all go through this, to an extent - attracting types we know we'd be incompatible with.

But yeah, it's easy to feel jealous when those that are compatible naturally gravitate towards each other (this is easy to observe even in friendships).

When I try to look edgy I just end up looking like a manic pixie dream girl. I kind of like the MPDG look, but it attracts the worst type of geeks. I'm guessing I'm just too innocent looking to truly look edgy or alternative. No matter how I dress, I always have a cutesy/innocent vibe.

I'm guessing I attract generic bros when I look more generic because generic bros are generic themselves. They're looking for a generic girl who's young and innocent looking.

I wish I could just attract sexy alternative girls...

Alliekit
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2016, 3:32 am

DevilKisses wrote:
Outrider wrote:

When I try to look edgy I just end up looking like a manic pixie dream girl. I kind of like the MPDG look, but it attracts the worst type of geeks. I'm guessing I'm just too innocent looking to truly look edgy or alternative. No matter how I dress, I always have a cutesy/innocent vibe.

I'm guessing I attract generic bros when I look more generic because generic bros are generic themselves. They're looking for a generic girl who's young and innocent looking.

Have you ever considered piercings? I know some alternative girls that liked cutesy punk girls. Its hard attracting the type you want I seem to attract older gentlemen -_-.

Maybe it's not the way you dress but the availability of alternative girls in your area? Is it difficult to meet alternative girls who are gay?

DevilKisses
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2016, 4:00 am

Alliekit wrote:
DevilKisses wrote:
Outrider wrote:

Have you ever considered piercings? I know some alternative girls that liked cutesy punk girls. Its hard attracting the type you want I seem to attract older gentlemen -_-.

Maybe it's not the way you dress but the availability of alternative girls in your area? Is it difficult to meet alternative girls who are gay?

I've thought about piercings, but I have a low pain tolerance and thick skin. :( I've thought about tattoos, but I don't know what tattoo I even want. The queer girls in my area tend to be extremely generic looking or the scary SJW types. There is some alternative types, but I think they're always taken.

Outrider
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2016, 6:49 am

Message women on dating sites first yourself.

Approach women you're attracted to, even if you're not sure if they're gay or bi. More women may be bisexual (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/ ... aight.html) than you'd think and many studies suggest a higher amount of women than men are bisexual or actually secretly open to the idea of being with women even if they won't admit it.

You're LGBT, so there's no rule who approaches who.

It's not as hard as you might think:

It is harder for a straight man to try and pick-up women. Women will be more friendly and welcoming to another woman approaching her for conversation.

It tends to be hardest of all for gay or bisexual men and takes them a lot of confidence as they risk being assaulted/verbally abused by other men.

Last edited by Outrider on 28 Jun 2016, 6:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2016, 6:52 am

I'd have to disagree on the women approaching women idea.

Straight women are really pretty hostile if a gay woman approaches them explicitly.

I'd say the hostility is close to that of a gay man approaching a straight man explicitly.

Alliekit
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2016, 6:55 am

DevilKisses wrote:
Alliekit wrote:
DevilKisses wrote:
Outrider wrote:

I've thought about piercings, but I have a low pain tolerance and thick skin. :( I've thought about tattoos, but I don't know what tattoo I even want. The queer girls in my area tend to be extremely generic looking or the scary SJW types. There is some alternative types, but I think they're always taken.

Piercings aren't to bad they tend to numb the area first and are very quick. But don't do anything you are not comfortable with.

When I got a tattoo I chose something meaningful to me as well as something that would look good on my skin. You could chose something that has meaning to you 'like a robin' and then search robin tattoos

Alliekit
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2016, 6:57 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
I'd have to disagree on the women approaching women idea.

Straight women are really pretty hostile if a gay woman approaches them explicitly.

I'd say the hostility is close to that of a gay man approaching a straight man explicitly.

Actually I agree woth Outrider. Women tend to feel safer around other women. I've been asked out plenty of times by gay women and some of them have been lovely enough they made me wish I was gay

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2016, 7:22 am

I guess it depends upon the woman.