Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2016, 11:57 am

BeaArthur wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
Andreger wrote:
Kitty4670 wrote:
I'm thinking of trying online dating again, but I'm not good at writing profiles.

Relax, all girls get tons of messages even if their profiles have only a photo. Though photo with location would give much more accurate results.

What do you consider tons? no more than 5 messages in a 2 week period...if so I suppose you're right.

Bear in mind that a few posts earlier, Andreger stated that OKCupid is useless; he messaged 200 girls in 2 years and no results.

Dating sites have a population of people who can't quite connect, who think men have it harder than women, and who think women get tons of messages. Sounds like this fits Andreger. Don't give up on OKCupid, for young people (under 40) it's a good site. My daughter has met lots of people there, and her current boyfriend who we like very much met her there. Older people may be happier with Plentyoffish and then of course there are the paid sites. Each site has a different "personality" and you may be happier with one than another.

Hope you find :heart:.

A lot of women get tons of messages, but there are quite a few who don't as well. I personally never was one to get a ton of messages, still got enough to meet with a few guys one of who is now my boyfriend. Of course before that I met other guys through that site which things did not work out with....that is also something to keep in mind even if you do get as far as meeting in person it doesn't mean a guaranteed long term relationship or anything. Either way I thought it was a rather useful site but maybe it is better for younger people, but that could also be that younger people are more in the know about current technology and social networking type crap so there's just more young people than older people but that could change.

BeaArthur
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2016, 1:42 pm

So Brianruns, how's the profile working out for you?

Brianruns10
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2016, 12:59 am

BeaArthur wrote:
So Brianruns, how's the profile working out for you?

I deleted it. I got a date with a woman I met on OKC, and we hit it off. Two dates in one week.

Then last night she dumped me by text. Said she'd changed her mind and didn't want any thing serious, even though she really liked me. She felt that if we went any further things would get serious. So good for her I suppose. She got what she wants, while I'm back where I started, alone and sh*t outta luck.

I'm done. 31 and a virgin who's never had a girlfriend? That's f*cking pathetic and hopeless.

yellowtamarin
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2016, 3:02 am

Deleted or deactivated? Deleting a profile because you got a date or two seems rather preemptive and presumptuous. Put it back up :)

BeaArthur
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2016, 7:20 am

What yellowtamarin said.

I know you feel bummed out, but don't be extreme about it. Sounds like you maybe moved too fast (or she did). Leaving your profile up while having a date or two is the way to go, it says you're still in circulation.

Instead of being upset that this didn't turn into something long-term, at least be grateful that you attracted a candidate and had some fun doing it. OK?

Brianruns10
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2016, 12:00 pm

I'm just sick of the games and being dicked around with. It's exhausting enough to always be thinking about dates and activities and trying to be on my very best - looking and sounding and being as perfect as I can, and still I get rejected. And of course what this means, is some other guy will probably get to date her. I hate the whole damn process and wish I could just be assigned a life partner and not have to worry ever again.

I'm done, that's all I can say. Done being rejected. Because now I reject everyone.

BeaArthur
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2016, 12:21 pm

Did you really believe you would meet someone soon after signing up for the site, have two dates, and then have a lifelong commitment?

How realistic is that?

Brianruns10
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2016, 4:52 pm

BeaArthur wrote:
Did you really believe you would meet someone soon after signing up for the site, have two dates, and then have a lifelong commitment?

How realistic is that?

For years I've been trying to find someone, and always, something went wrong. This woman said she had feelings for me, and she broke it off because she didn't want anything serious. And I want up alone again. I'm sick of being screwed around with and sick of trying and failing. Sick of wasting money and time. There will never be a right person, or a right time. Bugger it all.

Scaevitas
Raven
Raven

11 Jan 2016, 11:05 pm

BeaArthur wrote:

How realistic is that?

Because it happens.

Baudouin
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

12 Jan 2016, 3:26 am

"account not found" error message

http://www.somebaudy.com