Page 2 of 2 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Outrider
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2016, 7:14 pm

Well I can be pessimistic myself so it's not like they're putting me down.

I was just saying when I tell adults of my experiences, they usually do side with me in saying that I was in the right and usually never did anything wrong and got pushed around.

Sometimes I do make mistakes and many of them have also admitted this but still say I did generally fine. They're just being realistic with me and that's what I've always needed - a sense of reality regarding love and dating.

I'd rather not be happy believing people are nice and friendly in this department because most aren't.

Anyway, this is getting off-topic and hijacking the thread, but it's still kind of related.

Like the OP, many people have ulterior motives regarding relationships - she wants to eventually get a girlfriend and isn't as serious about this relationship as her boyfriend might be.

Just like one of me ex's lead me on twice then dumped me because she changes her mind too much. This wasn't the bisexual girl mentioned earlier but someone else entirely.

In both scenarios, it's best not to take the easiest way out but handle it properly with regards for how the other person feels.