Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 

ASPickle
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

05 Jan 2016, 1:00 pm

Hillary Clinton has released details on her plan for Autism.

https://www.hillaryclinton.com/briefing/factsheets/2016/01/05/hillary-clintons-plan-to-support-children-youth-and-adults-living-with-autism-and-their-families/

It seems fairly broad, covering both the need for further research and for adult support. Of particular note is that the briefing avoids using scare words like "epidemic."

Though I personally have no desire to pick a particular candidate yet, it would be refreshing if this leads to other candidates sharing their plans.

Thoughts?

GGPViper
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2016, 2:42 pm

ASPickle wrote:
Though I personally have no desire to pick a particular candidate yet, it would be refreshing if this leads to other candidates sharing their plans.

Well, Donald Trump has - kind of - already shared his plan: Blame vaccines. :roll:

That being said, I think it is highly positive that Clinton intends to initiate a screening programme to identify adults on the autistic spectrum. Judging from the discussions here on WP, the challenges for a *lot* of adult individuals on the spectrum have been ignored and neglected over the years because the focus so far has overwhelmingly been on diagnosis and treatment of autism in children.

Grammar Geek
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2016, 2:51 pm

Wow, this is really impressive. I haven't been quite sure whom to vote for this year, but this might make me support Clinton, even if not all of these become enacted. Still, the electoral college means that my vote will count for nothing because I live in a hardcore Republican state.

ahjfcshfghb
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

06 Jan 2016, 1:07 am

At first I really disliked Clinton. She seemed untrustworthy and I would vote for Sanders. But I must admit I've been convinced by her lately. She's shown to be a very competent debater and she knows her stuff, unlike Sanders who pretty much only talks about the 1% and how they own everything. And this just cements it. I hope she sticks with this. It also didn't hurt that she said she wants to investigate the existence of aliens :P

Meistersinger
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2016, 1:26 am

I didn't like Clinton before, I don't like her now, and I bloody will not like that liar and thief, along with her husband in the future. That whole family belongs in jail, along with tRump, the shrubs, and the rest of the reThuglican party.

Grammar Geek
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2016, 1:45 am

Clinton is a Democrat...

Meistersinger
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2016, 2:22 am

She and her husband are Democrats in Name Only. They've sided with the reThuglicans time and time in the past. I don't trust any of them (Democrats and reThuglicans) to do the right thing for this country. Sanders might, but I don't trust him either.

ahjfcshfghb
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

06 Jan 2016, 4:29 am

Meistersinger wrote:
She and her husband are Democrats in Name Only. They've sided with the reThuglicans time and time in the past. I don't trust any of them (Democrats and reThuglicans) to do the right thing for this country. Sanders might, but I don't trust him either.

Then who do you trust? If anyone

Meistersinger
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2016, 6:08 am

ahjfcshfghb wrote:
Meistersinger wrote:

You got it right. I no longer trust anyone, except for very few people.

looniverse
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

06 Jan 2016, 8:16 am

ahjfcshfghb wrote:
At first I really disliked Clinton. She seemed untrustworthy and I would vote for Sanders. But I must admit I've been convinced by her lately. She's shown to be a very competent debater and she knows her stuff, unlike Sanders who pretty much only talks about the 1% and how they own everything. And this just cements it. I hope she sticks with this. It also didn't hurt that she said she wants to investigate the existence of aliens :P

How do you factor in the friendly media to your estimation of Hillary?

If they wanted to, they could destroy her. They just don't want to. I wonder why that is...

looniverse
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

06 Jan 2016, 8:19 am

ahjfcshfghb wrote:
Meistersinger wrote:

Who do I trust?

Cruz.

TrusTed.

Clinton aligned with the republicans? AH HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

She only cares about herself and power. In a sense I guess it could be said she is aligned with republicans. That sense is she is aligned with the political class, and they all watch each other's backs, no matter what initial they put beside their name. Ideologically, she is an Alinsky-ite. That's radical left.

Empathy
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2016, 6:43 pm

When she finally gets elected front runner as a future Democratic Republican, I can see the tables turned on poor Mr Obama, who’s tried everything he can for a peaceful America. Even that meeting with David Attenborough our naturalist documentor would vouch for that.
When you compare native Hawaiian principles with the sense that good consumer campaigning brings, we could then reabsorb some truth and compassion out of the profit criteria.

I wonder if she’d be willing to meet up with any of the front runners here who could reapply her written advocacy to the life of an unemployed autistic individual who wants the backing of people on their side rather than being shunned through the emergency exit..every time a tall story falls short of its promises.

As for my nation, I’d say we need the backing of all constituencies and politicians to bring all the services that help to re-employ disabled people and those with other conditions, back into power.
Since the Torries got in, they’re spending all their money on flood defences, and not the real people who need their help.

I would like the referendum now, so I can show the E.U the back exit.

Yigeren
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2016, 7:29 pm

I really, truly, honestly, think Hillary Clinton is a sociopath. This has nothing to do with her politics. She scares me. I would never vote for her, entirely for this reason.

When I listened to the tape of her talking about how she got that rapist free, I knew for sure.

It doesn't matter to me at all what her politics are.