Page 1 of 2 [ 32 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

GoonSquad
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2016, 5:43 pm

So, the birther argument against Obama was that he wasn't born in the US and therefore wasn't qualified to be president.

Now we KNOW that Ted Cruz was born in Canada. There's no question of this. So, shouldn't Ted be disqualified too?

Or does the whole birth outside the US thing only apply to black men and/or democrats?

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2016, 7:13 pm

The whole birth outside the US thing only applies to black men and/or democrats. Unless you're Donald Trump; then it applies to anyone who isn't Donald Trump.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

0_equals_true
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2016, 7:17 pm

Fnord wrote:
The whole birth outside the US thing only applies to black men and/or democrats. Unless you're Donald Trump; then it applies to anyone who isn't Donald Trump.

Donald Trump isn't Donald Trump. He says he is, but I'm not buying it.

GoonSquad
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2016, 7:21 pm

If you were born outside Donald Trump's mother you are not qualified to be president--unless you're Donald Trump.

he was born just outside his mother...

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2016, 7:42 pm

0_equals_true wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Donald Trump isn't Donald Trump. He says he is, but I'm not buying it.
Come to think of it ... has anyone ever seen his birth certificate?

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Feyokien
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2016, 8:47 pm

I just assumed Trump precipitated out of the primordial darkness on American soil.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2016, 8:53 pm

Feyokien wrote:
I just assumed Trump precipitated out of the primordial darkness on American soil.
He sure precipitated out of some dark place onto American soil!

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2016, 8:58 pm

I think Trump will run out of Trump Cards eventually.

He'll have to spin the Wheel of Fortune; it's likely the spin will land, at some point, at "lose your turn."

Aristophanes
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2016, 9:16 pm

Most appropriate place i could find to post this...it's crappy video, but still hillarious.

GoonSquad
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2016, 9:35 pm

It's dark inside Trump's mother. (I'm assuming)

PS

Orangutans don't come from Kenya, do they?

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2016, 4:07 am

This is now a tactic of the left who fought agenda not it with Obama but now use it to attack the republican candidates.

To be a natural born citizen you just have to be born to a us citizen. Supreme Court ruled so. I could really care less if Obama was or not didn't matter he was already elected.

But this tactic is one used regardless of party side. So don't act like your side is any more innocent then the other side. As someone in the middle , both sides throw crap at each other , so get over it.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2016, 8:14 am

I would this is sort of a joke thread. We need some of these sometimes.

looniverse
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

08 Jan 2016, 8:29 am

The whole constitution thing applies to every presidential candidate.

No Person except a natural born Citizen, or a Citizen of the United States, at the time of the Adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the Office of President; neither shall any Person be eligible to that Office who shall not have attained to the Age of thirty-five Years, and been fourteen Years a Resident within the United States.

The birthers in 2008 and in 2016 appear to misunderstand what a natural born citizen is. It is not necessary to be born on United States soil to be a natural born citizen. If one parent is a citizen, then the child is a natural born citizen of the United States and eligible to be president if they meet the other conditions (age 35, 14 years a resident).

If you are complaining that some people appear to be inconsistent in their concern for the constitution, then I agree with you there.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2016, 8:51 am

looniverse wrote:
The whole constitution thing applies to every presidential candidate.

No Person except a natural born Citizen, or a Citizen of the United States, at the time of the Adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the Office of President; neither shall any Person be eligible to that Office who shall not have attained to the Age of thirty-five Years, and been fourteen Years a Resident within the United States.

The birthers in 2008 and in 2016 appear to misunderstand what a natural born citizen is. It is not necessary to be born on United States soil to be a natural born citizen. If one parent is a citizen, then the child is a natural born citizen of the United States and eligible to be president if they meet the other conditions (age 35, 14 years a resident).

If you are complaining that some people appear to be inconsistent in their concern for the constitution, then I agree with you there.

So...you're saying that even if they somehow had proven that Obama was indeed born in Kenya that he would still would have been "born an American citizen" (because his mom was American)?

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2016, 8:53 am

If his mom/dad is an American citizen, and hasn't renounced her/his citizenship despite living in Kenya----yes, Obama would be a natural-born citizen, with the same status as someone who was born here. That is my impression.

GoonSquad
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2016, 11:37 am

Yeah, there was a law passed in 1790 (I think) that says any child born abroad to a US citizen is himself a citizen by dint of being born.

If that doesn't describe a "natural born citizen" I don't know what does.

As much as it pains me to say this, I must admit that Cruz is a fellow citizen and therefore technically qualified to be president.
:(

:P