- Laptop
- Desktop
- Tablet
- Smartphone.

Butterfly88
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2016, 12:16 pm

I like both Windows and Android. I dislike Macs and have not tried the others. I like a laptop and tablet equally for different things. I have a Kindle Fire HD. I use that for notetaking in class, and for a portable way to surf the web and play games. It's also good if I can't sleep I'll use my Kindle in my bed. I use my laptop much more often, but only around the house, I don't generally take it places. Currently I'm running Windows 7. I don't like smartphones, I have a basic phone I use occasionally, mostly just for texting. What about you, what do you prefer?

guitarman2010
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2016, 9:46 am

Android is my favorite OS and a tablet is my favorite mode to get there.

Noca
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2016, 10:22 pm

Windows and iOS.

Windows because that is the desktop operating system I grew up using and I have never really tried Linux or Mac. I don't mind troubleshooting that is always required with Windows because at least I have a keyboard and a mouse and 27" monitors with which to work with. I also use my computers for gaming, for which I hear neither Linux or Mac aren't suited for.

I hate Android, because the regardless of Android 4.0, 4.2, 4.4, or 5.0, they have all been unstable, poorly optimized operating systems which require my constant attention to fix things. I am willing to give up some of the customization with iOS for an operating system that actually runs quick and works, because unlike Windows, I cannot stand working with a tiny screen, touch keyboard and no mouse on a mobile device, it is like having both hands tied behind your back. I generally don't have to worry about malware on iOS either, compared to Android which is a sesspool of the stuff. Nearly every app in Google Play store has people bitching that the app is poorly optimized or doesn't work with their specific phone.

Your neurodiverse score: 150 of 200
Your neurotypical score: 51 of 200

officially diagnosed with Asperger's as of 09/11/15

Reassessed 04/11/16
DSM-V: ASD level 2 with Social Communication Severity: level 2, Restrictive Repetitve Behaviour: level 2

ADOS-2 classification: Autism

autiedidact
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

10 Jan 2016, 9:15 am

Linux all the way. Every Windows machine I've ever owned has been "upgraded" (kidding, lol) to Linux, usually Ubuntu.I also have a couple of flash drives with other distros for those times that I feel like booting into something else. I put Raspbian on my Raspberry Pi 2. I just got a Dragonboard 410c and I'll likely use Ubuntu for that, though I may dabble with Android. I might play with the IoT version of Windows 10, but I doubt it.

I only use Windows for work. I grew up using Windows, but got into Linux after realizing that it made a lot more sense to use Linux I'm a junior .NET developer, so it's sort of a requirement. :P

Fogman
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2016, 9:27 am

I prefer Linux over supported versions of Windows. Win2K/XP were in my opinion the best work that MS did.

Joseph123
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

10 Jan 2016, 6:53 pm

OS X for computers and iOS for phones.

I can't decide between laptops and desktops, I like them both but I probably use my laptop slightly more often.

I also use Linux for servers :)

I keep doing things wrong, but what exactly is right and wrong? People are too inconsistent.

People confuse me, life confuses me, I confuse myself. If you want to be confused, message me sometime. :)

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

11 Jan 2016, 3:50 am

Windows

Desktop

~King Of The Hill

goatfish57
Veteran
Veteran

Location: In a village in La Mancha whose name I cannot recall

11 Jan 2016, 5:56 am

Android for my tablet

Windows 10 for my laptop

Linux for systems development

Not Diagnosed, but have personality traits that are consistent with being neurodiverse. Confirmation bias may be an issue.

Austinfrom1995
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2016, 7:26 am

Windows 10 for my laptop.

black0441
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

12 Jan 2016, 4:56 pm

I used DOS until they forced me to start using Windows. When they came up Windows Vista, I switched to linux, which I have been pretty happy with.

I have a Mac too, but I honestly can barely even figure out how that thing works. Sometimes I use it as a media center; beyond that it mostly just confuses me.

AQ: 35
Diagnosed with ASD Level 1 15 Jan 2016

Edenthiel
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2016, 7:02 pm

I guess I'm a minimalist when it comes to operating systems. I started using computers before most graphical interfaces other than Xerox's and it's always annoyed me when I have to take longer to do something due to a GUI. However since Arachne is a terrible browser, I usually find myself using either some form of Windows or Linux (& dropping to CLI whenever possible to get work done). Also, embedded OS are usually CLI-only.

dcj123
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2016, 11:07 pm

Linux

Desktop

Second Favourite

Windows

Laptop

Top Favourite OSes

1. Arch Linux
2. Windows 7
3. Debian
4. FreeBSD
5. Puppy Linux

GoonSquad
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2016, 8:33 am

android/tablet.
GalTab S/android 5.0.2
I use it for web surfing, school work, videos, music, games, reading (for work and play).

I have 4 windows/computers (1 desktop and 3 laptops) but I almost never use them since Microsoft published MS Office for android.

CryptoNerd
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

13 Jan 2016, 1:50 pm

I currently use Mac OS X as my main OS. MS-DOS is also fun; I run it in VirtualBox and use it from time to time.

Edenthiel
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2016, 2:06 pm

dcj123 wrote:
Linux

Desktop

Second Favourite

Windows

Laptop

Top Favourite OSes

1. Arch Linux
2. Windows 7
3. Debian
4. FreeBSD
5. Puppy Linux

Puppy is still around? Although it was quirky as...well, quirky as an Aspie, I guess, I ended up really liking it when I put it on a HP Jornada 728 (last handheld PC by HP, ARM powered, 7" 3:1 screen, circa 2002?). Since it was a WinCE device, Linux had to be bootstrapped into memory as a bootloader application that then cleared out the rest of the working memory to shut down CE and load Puppy. Fun stuff. I wonder if Barry Kauler (Puppy creator) is still involved?