Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2016, 9:11 pm

I hate shoe shopping, I like it sometimes, it's hard finding shoes for my feet. I need to buy more shoes. Do you really need to buy shoes every 3-6 months, because of wearing & tearing?

Do anyone have trouble finding shoes?

Noca
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2016, 9:35 pm

I hate shopping for shoes as well, the shoe I end up buying has to be "just right", and that usually takes forever to find. I only own one shoe and usually keep it for 3 or 4 years. For a while, I kept buying almost the identical shoe when the previous one wore out. I went through the same headache trying to find slippers that fit.

animalcrackers
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2016, 9:37 pm

I usually keep my shoes until they are literally falling apart. (When I can't walk on wet pavement without water leaking in through the bottoms because the rubber is torn and worn through in places.)

It can be hard for me to find shoes that feel comfortable and don't have too much of a horrible glue and rubber smell to them.

Love transcends all.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

09 Jan 2016, 8:32 pm

I wear shoes with velcro, I have wide feet & they are a half-size long(11 & a half). I can only find one brand that's meets all that & that's New Balance. I buy shoes about every year thou I've been wearing my current pair for a year & a half now. The place I buy em from didn't have em in my size so I need to check online & never got around to it.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2016, 7:11 pm

nick007 wrote:
I wear shoes with velcro, I have wide feet & they are a half-size long(11 & a half). I can only find one brand that's meets all that & that's New Balance. I buy shoes about every year thou I've been wearing my current pair for a year & a half now. The place I buy em from didn't have em in my size so I need to check online & never got around to it.

I wear New Balance shoes too, it's hard finding shoes for me, I have wide & flat feet, I have ankles problems too.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

10 Jan 2016, 7:34 pm

Kitty4670 wrote:
nick007 wrote:

I wear New Balance shoes too, it's hard finding shoes for me, I have wide & flat feet, I have ankles problems too.
Do you wear insoles for your flat feet? My girlfriend also has flat & wide feet & wears a men's size. I'm wondering if special insoles would be beneficial for her.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2016, 9:14 pm

I'm lucky there isn't too much snow right now because one of my winter boots has a big hole in it and I don't know if or when I'll be shopping for a new pair. Of course my mother will be paying for them and I will be worse than my father when it comes to shopping for such things.

I'm actually a size 10, although most people don't know I have such large feet unless I tell them. Guess they're just well-proportioned with my body size. I'm also flatfooted and I get pain in my heels. When I was really young I used to get custom footwear made. Guess there's no such thing any more. :(

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2016, 9:41 pm

nick007 wrote:
Kitty4670 wrote:
nick007 wrote:

Do you wear insoles for your flat feet? My girlfriend also has flat & wide feet & wears a men's size. I'm wondering if special insoles would be beneficial for her.

I used to wear custom molds for my feet, I was bad at finding the right shoes, I have heel problems too. My mom always brought my shoes when I was living with her.

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2016, 9:53 pm

lostonearth35 wrote:
I'm lucky there isn't too much snow right now because one of my winter boots has a big hole in it and I don't know if or when I'll be shopping for a new pair. Of course my mother will be paying for them and I will be worse than my father when it comes to shopping for such things.

I'm actually a size 10, although most people don't know I have such large feet unless I tell them. Guess they're just well-proportioned with my body size. I'm also flatfooted and I get pain in my heels. When I was really young I used to get custom footwear made. Guess there's no such thing any more. :(

I have flat & wide feet, I have heel problems too, & ankle problems. I go to footsmart.com for my shoes or if I buy Skechers for weight loss.

Aprilviolets
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2016, 7:26 pm

I have a hard time with shoes I bought a nice pair of shoes a few years ago and they still rub the back of my heels, I can't wear them for long.
Runners aren't so bad they're the only shoes I don't have trouble with.