Page 11 of 11 [ 172 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11

BeaArthur
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2016, 1:13 pm

Misslizard wrote:
Now that I'm old I can only do twelve hours in the gutter,then I need a nap.

LOL.

OK, this didn't warrant a whole post, but I have often wished WP had a "like" or "thumbs up/thumbs down" feature where we could indicate approval or liking, even if we have nothing to add.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2016, 1:57 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
One things for sure: Trump's parents sure didnt spank him enough!

He is STILL throwing tantrums as we speak!

Lol!

"tantrumps" :)

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2016, 3:21 pm

auntblabby wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:
One things for sure: Trump's parents sure didnt spank him enough!

He is STILL throwing tantrums as we speak!

Lol!

"tantrumps" :)

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

looniverse
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

05 Feb 2016, 9:24 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
nurseangela wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
nurseangela wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
CockneyRebel wrote:
A good old fashioned spanking never hurts once in a while. It's better than not doing anything or constantly having a go at your kids.

the problem is 1] cruz brought up his PRIVATE family functions in public in a way sure to be mortifying to his daughter should she find out, and 2] he patronizingly belittled Clinton in public in a sexist and quasi-vulgar way. he could have stuck to the high road and criticized her policies and record but instead he had to stoop to the gutter in public. IMHO his behavior here is classless.

Your side is in the gutter 24 hrs of the freaking day. You know, I keep thinking that nothing surprises me anymore then someone like you comes along. You don't think what Clinton did in the White House wasn't mortifying? Cruz couldn't hold a candle to your Clinton. You didn't conveniently forget what Clinton did, did you? Cause I'll help you remember.

Clinton wasn't a particularly loyal husband, but at least he cared about all Americans. Cruz, on the other hand, brags about his work in court against government help for for children. I'll take Clinton any day.
By the way, Auntblabby is a decent, cool guy. He's a better human being than the right wingers you're infatuated with on WP.

You're willing to look the other way even though Clinton did something that I'm sure is against your religious beliefs all because Clinton "cares" about Americans? And how is that? By giving you things? He sure didn't do anything for me. Mr. R. was right. That's messed up.

Caring for the needy - especially children - is something my religious upbringing had always emphasized. Jesus spent more time helping those in need than he scolded. And it was the hardhearted hypocrites who let the needy go without who he scolded by far the most.

In other words, intentions matter more than results

If your heart is in the right place it doesn't matter if the country is f*#(&Cd by short-sighted policy.

How about helping people in your private life and not relying on the government to relieve you of the burden of getting your hands dirty? There's a dishonesty by saying someone who does not promote government sponsored social welfare does not care about other people. Please do not confuse public acts with private acts. One can be against government programs and still work in private to help others. In fact, it is the left usually complaining about the separation between church and state. Here, many conservatives are trying to keep what they consider a function of the church, charitable acts (living the beatitudes) separate from the functions of the state.

And you call someone like Cruz a pharisee or hypocrite. He's not the one I would call hypocrite.

pcuser
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2016, 10:51 am

looniverse wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
nurseangela wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
nurseangela wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
CockneyRebel wrote:
A good old fashioned spanking never hurts once in a while. It's better than not doing anything or constantly having a go at your kids.

the problem is 1] cruz brought up his PRIVATE family functions in public in a way sure to be mortifying to his daughter should she find out, and 2] he patronizingly belittled Clinton in public in a sexist and quasi-vulgar way. he could have stuck to the high road and criticized her policies and record but instead he had to stoop to the gutter in public. IMHO his behavior here is classless.

Your side is in the gutter 24 hrs of the freaking day. You know, I keep thinking that nothing surprises me anymore then someone like you comes along. You don't think what Clinton did in the White House wasn't mortifying? Cruz couldn't hold a candle to your Clinton. You didn't conveniently forget what Clinton did, did you? Cause I'll help you remember.

Clinton wasn't a particularly loyal husband, but at least he cared about all Americans. Cruz, on the other hand, brags about his work in court against government help for for children. I'll take Clinton any day.
By the way, Auntblabby is a decent, cool guy. He's a better human being than the right wingers you're infatuated with on WP.

You're willing to look the other way even though Clinton did something that I'm sure is against your religious beliefs all because Clinton "cares" about Americans? And how is that? By giving you things? He sure didn't do anything for me. Mr. R. was right. That's messed up.

Caring for the needy - especially children - is something my religious upbringing had always emphasized. Jesus spent more time helping those in need than he scolded. And it was the hardhearted hypocrites who let the needy go without who he scolded by far the most.

If your heart is in the right place it doesn't matter if the country is f*#(&Cd by short-sighted policy.

How about helping people in your private life and not relying on the government to relieve you of the burden of getting your hands dirty? There's a dishonesty by saying someone who does not promote government sponsored social welfare does not care about other people. Please do not confuse public acts with private acts. One can be against government programs and still work in private to help others. In fact, it is the left usually complaining about the separation between church and state. Here, many conservatives are trying to keep what they consider a function of the church, charitable acts (living the beatitudes) separate from the functions of the state.

And you call someone like Cruz a pharisee or hypocrite. He's not the one I would call hypocrite.

The reason the left constantly complains about the separation of church and state is because the right is constantly breaking the separation of church and state...

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2016, 12:51 pm

looniverse wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
nurseangela wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
nurseangela wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
CockneyRebel wrote:

When the hell did I ever say private persons and organizations can't or shouldn't help the needy? I am all for both private and public services helping those in need. You're putting words in my mouth. I'm just saying that the right is wrong for wanting to justify cutting public spending to care for the poor by saying that private donations could pick up the slack. All it is is a means to justify cutting spending, without any concern for the needy.
And well, Ted Cruz is a hypocrite and a vile human being (if you want to imagine that I"m a hypocrite, well, I aint gonna lose any sleep over it). He and his old man belong to a certain fundamentalist church that has embraced right wing politics over theology. Some of us belong to mainline denominations that still hold theology and doctrine as paramount, without the literalism and rigidness that characterizes the Cruz's faith. If you're wondering, yes, I am saying that my church is better than his church!! !! !!

Meistersinger
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2016, 2:17 pm

I seem to recall that while Reagan was still in office, his administration wanted to eliminate public welfare and push it on to the church. One small problem: the church, in particular, the Catholics and Lutherans (via Catholic Charities and Lutheran Social Services) pushed back, stating they didn't have enough funds to assist the massive influx of people that would be left in the cold the Reagan threatened to do as planned. As an aside, just what are the Catholics, Lutherans, etc. doing with the money allocated to benevolence at the national level. I can see what Lutheral Social Services are doing at the local level, but I could never get any information from the Catholics, even at the diocese level.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2016, 3:25 pm

Meistersinger wrote:
I seem to recall that while Reagan was still in office, his administration wanted to eliminate public welfare and push it on to the church. One small problem: the church, in particular, the Catholics and Lutherans (via Catholic Charities and Lutheran Social Services) pushed back, stating they didn't have enough funds to assist the massive influx of people that would be left in the cold the Reagan threatened to do as planned. As an aside, just what are the Catholics, Lutherans, etc. doing with the money allocated to benevolence at the national level. I can see what Lutheral Social Services are doing at the local level, but I could never get any information from the Catholics, even at the diocese level.

Quite true.
In regard to the Catholics, I have seen their social work in action, so I don't think there's anything sketchy there.

Meistersinger
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2016, 3:36 pm

^^^

Again, that would depend on the diocese. It depends on the bishop's, as well as the cardinal's, in the case of the archdiocese, priorities. From what I see here in the Harrisburg Diocese, which includes York, Lancaster, Lebanon, Gettysburg, and Carlisle, they're not doing much, as compared to Lutheran Social Services of South Central PA, as well as Diakon Lutheran Services, as well as some of the miscellaneous services provided by the eastern district of LC-MS.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2016, 5:44 pm

Meistersinger wrote:
^^^

Again, that would depend on the diocese. It depends on the bishop's, as well as the cardinal's, in the case of the archdiocese, priorities. From what I see here in the Harrisburg Diocese, which includes York, Lancaster, Lebanon, Gettysburg, and Carlisle, they're not doing much, as compared to Lutheran Social Services of South Central PA, as well as Diakon Lutheran Services, as well as some of the miscellaneous services provided by the eastern district of LC-MS.

Doubtlessly true.

TheExodus
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

07 Feb 2016, 9:25 pm

Campin_Cat wrote:
AnonymousAnonymous wrote:
Ted Cruz Spanks His Daughter!

So----what's the problem?

I got smacked upside the head, my entire life, growing-up, and I feel I'm better for it. I also feel that that's what's wrong with America's kids, nowadays----that they HAVEN'T been smacked / spanked / disciplined!! One doesn't have to abuse a child (what Ted did, wasn't abuse, IMO) to discipline it----spare the rod, spoil the child; then, send that rotten kid out into the world, and WE'RE the ones (the public) that have to put-up with him/her, and his/her whiny / entitled self!!

Your worldview is slightly skewed if you think it's strictly necessary to hurt a child to have them turn out a decent person.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2016, 12:10 am