Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Jayleen
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

11 Jan 2016, 2:50 pm

I have ADHD , dyslexia , Anxiety Disorder , Hearing impairment ( cochlear implants) and possibly Bipolar.

I have some questions if i could possibly be Bipolar because i have a cousin who's also bipolar.

- I get angry for no reason then i get calmer and happier after
- I talk extremely fast when i'm angry and my mind can stop racing
- I get in arugements a lot
- I throw stuff when im angry but then i get happy after
- I get depressed a lot , i have thought of suicidal thoughts for no reason.
- I stay up late alot ( i get hyper of my ADHD)
- I lost about 20 pounds for the past 6 months
- I lost interest the way i used to
- I lost my appetie i only eat onece a day

pigsrock
Toucan
Toucan

11 Jan 2016, 3:30 pm

I have
Borderline personality disorder
Autism spectrum disorder level 1 (Aspergers)
Anxiety disorder not otherwise specified
Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder combined subtype
Bipolar disorder II
pica
Learning disability in reading comprehension
Pragmatic language impairment
Major depressive disorder
Persistent depressive disorder
Insomnia
Obsessive compulsive disorder
Georteyphobia
And
Cnidophobia

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

12 Jan 2016, 11:32 pm

I have ADD, Dyslexia, Generalized Anxiety Disorder, & OCD.
I had most of the symptoms you had when I was suffering from a psychotic depression. My GP thought I was bipolar before he referred me to a psychiatrist. I'm NOT saying you have that thou.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

LittleBlackCat
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

17 Jan 2016, 6:27 pm

Most of the symptoms you describe sound like typical ADHD symptoms to me (my best friend has it and struggles with the same things). Depression and anxiety are common ADHD comorbids and could be causing the loss of appetite/weight loss and loss of interest in things, although some of this could also be side effects if you are taking medication for your ADHD.

Some key differences I have observed between even relatively mild bipolar highs (hypomania) and ADHD symptoms is that the bipolar symptoms tend to be more cyclical, lasting for a period or weeks to months, then crashing into a depression for a few more weeks or months, then perhaps levelling off for a while, then the same starting over. Whereas ADHD symptoms tend to fluctuate quite a bit even within the same day and certainly from one day to the next, i.e. anger might flare up quite quickly in a frustrating situation but also dissipate quickly once the situation changes. Also, people going through a period of mania are more likely to perceive it as being a really happy, productive time (even if they are starting to behave quite strangely or destructively) whereas someone with ADHD is more likely to be frustrated by their own behaviour, or feel tired if they can't sleep etc.