I feel like creating a super aspie alter ego

Page 2 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2016, 5:10 am

The YouTube characters you are describing sound like simple role playing to me. I personally would not get involved enough with a YouTube blogger, to where them being an actor would be something I would consider messing with my mind. I really see no difference in this and the actor who plays Dame Edna for example.

Idealist
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

13 Jan 2016, 10:25 am

DevilKisses wrote:
I feel like creating a super aspie alter ego...

Sounds good, I think you should go for it, just try not to lose track of yourself, otherwise things could get complicated...

DevilKisses wrote:
I'm not being fake on WP. I only act fake on Reddit and yahoo answers.

We're very similar you and I, at least in this regard, I too often have to act through fake personas on certain Forums. Though for me, it was because I was banned from a lot of Communities and Forums, largely for speaking my mind and partly for lying. Ironically, I almost never lied on a Forum, however my mind back then was firmly rooted in the ideals of absolute truths, and often followed a very firm "exact wording" philosophy. It wasn't until my late teens that I developed a true sense of "spiritual wording", and started to explain and interpret things more clearly.

Nowadays, I find that I have to constantly rein myself in, especially when it comes to talking about the positive things in my life. Talk of success tends to make people very jealous, especially when that success is offline in the "real world" and that persons own successes are mostly limited to their online presence. And that's before you take into account the colourfully rich lives that most of us with Autism have. Unfortunately, when you try to tell people that your that way because of your Autism, you inevitably run into the great wall of stereotyped ignorance and pre-misconceptions people have about Autism.

This place, it's one of only a small handful of Communities/Forums where I feel that I don't have to downplay everything that I say, or act in accordance to some artificial sense of false modesty. Instead, I just lay the truth bare, for all of you to see.

DevilKisses wrote:
Sorry to burst your bubble, but I believe some users on WP are trolls who are pretending to be someone else.

I too have seen enough "signs" around these Forums of late to suspect that a few Users are no who they appear to be. Though they may not be Trolls, they're definitely liars, which is only marginally better off.

DevilKisses wrote:
I don't think it's nice to troll autism forums, so I don't. I have nothing against trolling some as*holes at Reddit.

I don't think it's appropriate to troll anyone, anywhere, for any reason, even as a response to being trolled yourself.

Idealist wrote:
My Autism was cured/treated in late childhood (this makes me a walking, talking, contradiction to 90% of the Forum who all believe Autism is incurable)