Do many Aspie guys fall in love when a girl is friendly?

Page 1 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2016, 8:38 pm

I used to gravitate toward ANYBODY who showed any interest in me--

Which was RARE until I reached my mid-20's.

Earthling
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2016, 8:43 pm

In a way it shows desperation, doesn't it?

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2016, 8:49 pm

Yep...and I was DESPERATE.......That's why I know I can give advice about this....because I've experienced DESPERATION.

And it showed.

When I stopped being desperate, I became more successful.

rdos
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2016, 2:53 am

Outrider wrote:
11th grade, this girl liked me, asked me out and everything, I developed feelings back, however she had a tendency to play games e.g. hard to get because she wasn't sure how much I liked her and had to do all the work, but I did agree to the date in the first place and thought that should be enough to know I'm interested. So I cancelled the date. Plus, I was a rebound guy. Not like a month or anything, but almost instant. Later on discovered just how much of a crazy girl she was when she very briefly dated my friend.

8O

A few of those happened to me too (mutual feelings, playing hard to get and testing me). Not sure about the crazy part, but at least, she was ND.

Outrider wrote:
I've improved though, for the better:

Uhm, I've not. It was a delightful experience, so I have no regrets.

Outrider wrote:
12th grade, this girl I nearly developed a crush on and started to have thoughts of, but decided to suppress it. A few weeks later she is the one who develops a crush on me and I instantly figure it out and it took 30mins to develop feelings back. This girl was actually a nice, decent girl and still something of a friend.

OP, do you also develop feelings back easily, or have you never been in such a situation?

I think this is the typical scenario. I won't just get a crush on a random girl because she is friendly, she must also send signals that she likes me back (in a romantic way), otherwise, it won't happen. Once there is a mutual interest, I can get a crush really fast, otherwise it won't happen.

rdos
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2016, 2:56 am

Earthling wrote:
In a way it shows desperation, doesn't it?

Not for me. Never been desperate with girls.

GregCav
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2016, 5:51 pm

I love girls. So when one talks with me at all, I instantly want to take her home and marry her.

I guess I'm just desperate for female company, that's not wrong, it's just me wanting someone special in my life. So yea, I do that.