Pictures From Your Favorite Visual Artists

Page 2 of 2 [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

AuroraBorealisGazer
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2016, 6:08 pm

^ Those are cool! They remind me of deep sea creatures.

Sino
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

13 Feb 2016, 7:29 pm

AuroraBorealisGazer wrote:
^ Those are cool! They remind me of deep sea creatures.

Aye, Choe is a favorite of mine. I vaguely recall his other work on stilted, postindustrial sculptures - it was eerie, even frightening. Well over a year now, though, so who can say if I've mixed him up with some other artist specializing in surreal horror.

And in speaking of horror, Monica Piloni:

There are more sculptures, too, twisting the human form in unsettling (sometimes erotic) ways.

AuroraBorealisGazer
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2016, 2:17 am

Tree-House by Sid75

By Fredrik Rattzen

AuroraBorealisGazer
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2016, 11:01 pm

By Will Roberts

Deviant Artist known as FuzzyBunny

By Colin Stebbing

NoahYates
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2016, 6:42 pm

The Antipodes project:

“In the same way that you see a flower in a field, it’s really the whole field that is flowering, because the flower couldn’t exist in that particular place without the special surroundings of the field; you only find flowers in surroundings that will support them. So in the same way, you only find human beings on a planet of this kind, with an atmosphere of this kind, with a temperature of this kind- supplied by a convenient neighboring star. And so, as the flower is a flowering of the field, I feel myself as a personing- a manning- a peopling of the whole universe. –In other words, I, like everything else in the universe, seem to be a center… a sort of vortex, at which the whole energy of the universe realizes itself- comes alive… an aperture through which the whole universe is conscious of itself. In other words, I go with it as a center to a circumference.”~ Alan Watts

TunkanTasunka
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2016, 9:24 pm

Penni Anne Cross

NoahYates
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2016, 1:51 pm

The Hallucinogenic Toreander- Dali

“In the same way that you see a flower in a field, it’s really the whole field that is flowering, because the flower couldn’t exist in that particular place without the special surroundings of the field; you only find flowers in surroundings that will support them. So in the same way, you only find human beings on a planet of this kind, with an atmosphere of this kind, with a temperature of this kind- supplied by a convenient neighboring star. And so, as the flower is a flowering of the field, I feel myself as a personing- a manning- a peopling of the whole universe. –In other words, I, like everything else in the universe, seem to be a center… a sort of vortex, at which the whole energy of the universe realizes itself- comes alive… an aperture through which the whole universe is conscious of itself. In other words, I go with it as a center to a circumference.”~ Alan Watts

Feyokien
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2016, 12:08 am

Stanley Donwood

NoahYates
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2016, 9:18 am

Oh wow!! ! Those are great.

Britte
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2016, 2:34 am

I have a few artists of preference, however, my favorite graphic designer l visual artist is Saul Bass

NoahYates
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2016, 8:43 am

Tintoretto's Last Supper

AuroraBorealisGazer
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2016, 2:49 pm

Meteor by BrandonStricker on deviantART

CaptLasik
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2016, 5:11 pm

- F. Scott Fitzgerald

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2016, 6:39 pm

I don't know if I have a favorite but I'll throw some of Gregory Lang's urban abstract in here. I have the third one down hanging on my wall.

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2016, 3:55 am

http://www.973-eht-namuh-973.com/

everything on this site is a trip.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.