Page 1 of 1 [ 16 posts ] 

AlanSmithee
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

18 Jan 2016, 9:34 am

Personally, I hated the finale of Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance for retconning everything worse than ever just to make Master Xehanort the next Sosuke Aizen.

I also hated Star Wars: The Old Republic (and the "Revan" prequel novel) for absolutely burying Revan and making the Sith Emperor just as bad as the aforementioned Xehanort.

staremaster
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2016, 12:27 pm

Seeing Solid Snake wearing an eyepatch in MGS4; I knew then that all was lost. I understand that people loved Big Boss and his eyepatch in MGS 3, but there is such a thing as too much fan service.

Aspiegaming
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2016, 1:09 pm

Serious Sam 3 wasn't a bad game. I actually enjoyed it, but it did bother me that the ending retconned the intro to Serious Sam Xbox which I also enjoyed.

If my darkness or eccentricness offends you, I don't really care.

I will not apologize for being me.

Dantac
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2016, 1:48 pm

There have been two worst game moments for me:

SWG: The day I logged in and it had become the NGE. :_(

FF14: The day SE decided it was better to dumb down the game to WoW level rather than fix their shoddy network code... ergo, removed the player-input feedback combat system for the current 'clickfest' spam-the-button system.

From this, where each skill had a decisive effect if the player used it correctly:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rqM0NOvxL74

(video shows a low level shield+sword character fighting an orange-threat monster... orange meaning 'very challenging, will very likely kill you' and defeating it taking very little damage..merely by fighting smart and using every defensive, offensive and effect-on-target skill & combinations to bring it down)

to this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RoeOhSlZP4U

where the player just spams damage attacks nonstop. Both videos are the same class (Gladiator). In the previous video, before the changes, the gladiator had to raise his shield to get defensive bonuses..and that lowered his damage output. The shield also gave zero bonus to defense while you swung your blade and gave zero bonus if you were not facing the enemy. In the new version, that doesnt exist anymore, just having the shield gives the bonuses regardless of where the enemy is nor is there even an option to raise shield...and as you can see the guy just spams damage. Its pathetic.

AlanSmithee
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

19 Jan 2016, 7:05 pm

There was also when Drawn To Life: The Next Chapter pulled the old "It was all a dream" cliche over the entire series.

Sabreclaw
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2016, 8:39 pm

Every time in Mass Effect 3 where my Shepard thought it would be hilarious to ad lib his/her lines instead of letting me decide!

Also the ending.

And in Mass Effect 1 when I'm exploring a planet with the Mako. Naturally I'm expected to cross a mountain range to reach a particular object, and of course this mountain range is jagged as all hell. THEN YOU GET STUCK IN A PIT!

Pretty much anything to do with the game Battle Pirates is the worst gaming moment ever. Bloody Kixeye.

KagamineLen
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2016, 3:46 pm

The final episode of TellTale's Game of Thrones.

No. Just..... No. It made me feel like everything I fought against during the previous five episodes was an exercise in sheer futility. Then again, it is Westoros, so what was I expecting?

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2016, 2:18 am

Xen in Half-Life
Citadel in Half-Life 2 and Episode 1

>_<

El_Arquero
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

30 Jan 2016, 12:42 pm

Having to dodge lightning 200 times in FFX to get Lulu's onion knight weapon. (Why yes, i have done it! 8) ) In the recent re-mastered edition it is now a trophy achievement.

JoeyFlash
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

30 Jan 2016, 1:51 pm

Sabreclaw wrote:
Every time in Mass Effect 3 where my Shepard thought it would be hilarious to ad lib his/her lines instead of letting me decide!

Also the ending.

And in Mass Effect 1 when I'm exploring a planet with the Mako. Naturally I'm expected to cross a mountain range to reach a particular object, and of course this mountain range is jagged as all hell. THEN YOU GET STUCK IN A PIT!

Pretty much anything to do with the game Battle Pirates is the worst gaming moment ever. Bloody Kixeye.

The Mako sucks massive balls. I hear they are bringing it back in the new Mass Effect....

Who's there?

Matthew.

Matthew who?

Math you couldn't do unless you had an IQ of 184.

modernmax
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2016, 5:06 pm

The original Silent Hill, when the giant hand thingy killed me. Went the whole easy game without dying, and then comes one of the cheapest deaths I've ever seen. The only one worse than that would be Gladius, which although I think is the most underrated game ever, it also has the absolute cheapest of cheap deaths that if you don't know about before hand, is guaranteed to always kill you with no way past it. Aside from the unfair, pretty much unwinnable battle it throws at you, it also is at the end of the game, and they prompt you to save right before the battle. Which makes you think it would be a good idea to save, but once you do you start from right before the battle and can't make any preparations for it, so you might have to start the overall long game over. It would've been a lot better to just have you die and start from your last save, but the stupid game tricks you to save and have to start over if you messed up. The only reason Silent Hill beats this one out is because you don't have to restart the game that by that point you've spent at least a full day on.

Austinfrom1995
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2016, 11:47 pm

What always ticked me off was in Halo 3 when Johnson gets roasted by Spark, the man survives 30 years of war against xenocidal aliens only to get killed by a "lightbulb". :evil:

AlanSmithee
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

01 Feb 2016, 11:42 am

Final Fantasy XIII-2 "rewarding" your 100%-completion by giving you an ending that basically negates all of your efforts and has the bad guy pretty much say that you suck.

TheExodus
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

06 Feb 2016, 8:21 pm

Dark Souls; "You have died."

It likes to be frank, good ol' Dark Souls...

xAppleYT
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

14 Feb 2016, 3:52 pm

THis is quite a bad one:

Attempts to play Hardcore Minecraft w/ friend (he hosts server).

He dies.

I die.

Over in (around) 15-20 minutes! :D :D :D :D :D

I'm a geeky Minecraft player, I also play a few steam games aswell :P

Glad to help :D

Anyways, sub to me on youtube by clicking here! :D

#Grapple!

Aspiegaming
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2016, 5:27 pm

Aperture Tag Ending - The Citranium was a lie and so was the escape.

If my darkness or eccentricness offends you, I don't really care.

I will not apologize for being me.